Goodbye Jesus

I'm In A Real Bind - In More Ways Than One

L.B.

Over two years ago, before I began seriously considering leaving the Christian faith and church, I started work on an album of Christian songs - ones that I wrote and some old hymns.

I solicited support from friends and family, and several people contributed. I got as far as recording demos of three songs. Basically, the process would entail recording all of the songs as demos, then finalizing arrangements and re-recording with more elaborate techniques and software, etc.

I have already promised physical and digital copies of this album to people who have contributed. Of course, my leaving of church, disconnecting from hundreds of people on Facebook and stopping the album's progress hasn't helped me deliver what I promised.

Besides that, over the last year, I have had to sell off every bit of usable musical equipment I had - the guitars I own now are junk and are not worth spending money to repair if it were even possible, which it isn't.

I need to deliver this album - it's not finished and I can't afford a guitar, nor can I afford the expenses of recording and mastering and reproducing and packaging the CDs and digital downloads.

I am in a real jam - I don't want to finish this album for "spiritual reasons", other than for my own sanity and to avoid being seen as a fraud and a thief and a user of people's good will and support.

I can't, however, just say, "sorry; not happening" and refund over $1K that had already been donated.

I have to finish the record, and I need help.

My family suffered over $2,000 in emergency car repairs and other issues in the house over the last year, and I have no liquid assets that are not going directly to food and bills for my wife and children.

I don't want to ask strangers for help, but I am in a jam and can't find an honest way to be out from under my obligation OR to support my family.

For those who don't know enough of my back-story, I have several physical issues (abdominal hernias, cataracts, cardiac arrhythmia) that make most work impossible, but my state doesn't consider me disabled enough to qualify for benefits because I should "just go get" (their exact words) a job that will accommodate my physical limitations. Yeah - and I should "just go get" a spaceship to fly to Happy-Bunny-Land, too.

Thanks for reading - I have no idea what to do, but I'm not waiting around for a god to fix this. If you want/need to know anything more about my situation, PM me. Thanks.