Goodbye Jesus

Expand your knowledge and deconvert better

SerenelyBlue

Good for you! Accurate information is the enemy of religion and superstition.

• Like 2

It's amazing how doing your own research as opposed to just taking someone else's word for it actually works. I'm amazed at how much bullshit I believed for years because I took someone's word for it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I read up on Egyptian history.  No mention of Israelites.  Only Hyksos an aggressive group from the Middle East.  Result deconversion quicker.

I read up on evolution.  Result no divine intervention.  We evolved from small creatures in the ocean. Go figure.  Result, quicker deconversion.

I read up on cosmology and astronomy.  Even though I did not understand everything I saw scientific laws at work.  I realised that there are explanations other than a god.  Result, quicker deconversion.

I read atheist books and visited atheist websites.  Many new refreshing ideas.  Result, quicker deconversion.

I read up about the brain.  It turns out our personality sits in the frontal lobe of our cerebral cortex and more.  No soul necessary to be me.  Spirit and soul ancient superstition.  Heaven makes no sense.  Hell makes no sense.  Result.  Religion looks ridunculous.

I read up on Biblical errancies.  Result.  Deconversion irreversable.

I reada little mythology.  Human beings make up a fuckload of ridiculous stories to believe in or worship.  Result, how could I ever have believed that shit.

Moral of the story, educate yourself and you realise that Christianity is superstition, myth and rubbish.

I am deconverted...

Well said. The more one sees how all these different fields demonstrate that there are serious problems with the Bible and Christianity, the more one realizes that it's simply impossible for it to be true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyfan70 said:

It's amazing how doing your own research as opposed to just taking someone else's word for it actually works. I'm amazed at how much bullshit I believed for years because I took someone's word for it.

Precisely!

When I was a Christian, I was 100% convinced that it was true, but now I'm 100% convinced that it's not true. However, even though I rate both at 100%, I would say that my current conviction that Christianity isn't true is much firmer than my prior conviction that it was true. That's because the belief I used to have was built simply on what people told me, while my disbelief is built on the serious problems with it that I uncovered and investigated for myself. I used to think that I knew that it was true, but now I know that I know that it's not true.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hockeyfan70 said:

True: I know why I don't believe now.  I never really knew why I did believe back then.  This feels much more sustainable...  

• Like 1

I am happy for you SB.  Curiosity can lead to a quest for information and knowledge.  You demonstrate this occurs.

• Like 1

Thank you ?