Goodbye Jesus

Some familiar handles...

LimitedGrip

Saw a few handles I recognize...Some of you may know me as 46and2 on christianforums. 

Hello and welcome. I don't participate on the site you mentioned so I'm not familiar with it. I went through a phase where I "discussed" religion with believers but that doesn't interest me anymore, with one exception. I was Church of Christ for 27 years and I still participate on a site called Ex-Church of Christ, but it seems I'm losing interest in that too lately. There is no mutual ground to discuss much of anything. Everybody has their own view/beliefs and that makes meaningful communication virtually impossible.

Glad you found us and I hope you stick around for awhile.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums! Can't say I've been on that forum either, though I used to hang out on #christiandebate on DALNet back in the day. Sure brings back memories. Hope you'll find this a worthwhile place to be!

9 hours ago, ExPCA said:

I used to be a big fan of that song 46 & 2 by the band Tool, which I assume that your handle is based upon... or maybe you're just super into genetics. Cool band that made me think hard and laugh harder. Welcome.

Yup, you guessed it. My favorite band for 20+ years. I've got tickets to see them at my favorite venue in a few weeks.  Can't wait. ;-)

Thanks for the welcome, all. 

On 4/27/2017 at 11:55 AM, Geezer said:

Hello and welcome. I don't participate on the site you mentioned so I'm not familiar with it. I went through a phase where I "discussed" religion with believers but that doesn't interest me anymore, with one exception. I was Church of Christ for 27 years and I still participate on a site called Ex-Church of Christ, but it seems I'm losing interest in that too lately. There is no mutual ground to discuss much of anything. Everybody has their own view/beliefs and that makes meaningful communication virtually impossible.

Glad you found us and I hope you stick around for awhile.

Yes, I still stop by from time to time, but once you learn all their arguments--which have been passed around for decades--and why they are wrong, and there is nothing new to learn, it gets old.

• Like 1