Goodbye Jesus

I Have Decided

midniterider

Someone on Facebook was wearing a "I Have Decided" shirt ... so I probed further.... looks like they were baptized ... Google comes up with some trendy "I have decided to follow Jesus" bullshit with regards to a hymn. Maybe it's been around a while, not sure.

Anyone aware of this new trend? Is it a trend?

Gag.

Hahahahahaha. I'm laughing because this reminds me of bullshit.

Seriously, though. When I was baptized in March 2015 (remember, my church experience was a 2-year "in and out"), about half the congregation (so about 125 people) came to witness the four people being baptized. After all four had shared their testimony and been dunked in the tub (my church was a "nu-church"), everyone began singing (chanting, more like) "I have decided to follow Jesus" over and over and over and over. I think even then I thought, holy crap. Yeah, it's some freaky cult-y shit.

@nutrichuckles93 what the fuuuuuuuuck that's some next level shit

@midniterider definitely looks like kind of a trend! but I wouldn't say it's anything more than the punny Jesus shirts. I'm guessing Hillsong made it more popular and someone decided to capitalize but it looks like it's been around at least three years.

• Like 1