Goodbye Jesus

Book recommendations please

StevieWeevie

Could anybody recommend some books please that would be particularly useful for an ex catholic. I've read Stephen Uhl. I like hearing people's stories, but also anything looking at the doctrines and teachings. Also any websites,youtube sites, videos or podcasts. 

I can give you a list of scholars/aurhors that I've  found to be extremely helpful. I was a Christian fundamentalist & that is probably more problematic than being Catholic.

Bart Ehrman, Robert M. Price,  David Fitzgerald, Hermann Detering. Their books are on Amazon. I prefer the Kindle additions but they have them in book form too. Just google their names & a list of their books will be provided.

I can reference more but that will probably keep you busy for awhile. 

• Super Moderator

I would highly recommend the bible for anyone struggling to overcome their faith.  It may seem counter intuitive; but it works.

15 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I would highly recommend the bible for anyone struggling to overcome their faith.  It may seem counter intuitive; but it works.

...provided it's a dispassionate reading of the whole Bible, not the curated 'Bible Study' through rose-tinted glasses that Christians typically engage in.

Check out John Shelby Spong.

• Super Moderator

Take a break and enjoy an entertaining read: "Lamb. The Gospel According to Biff."

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations 

Thanks for the recommendations