Goodbye Jesus

The bible

Jon

Why is the bible, still the most selling book in history ?

For fucks sake!

Go debate L.B, stop wasting our time, and clogging up the forums with useless questions.

Answer: Because there are a lot of deluded fools in this world who prefer a fairy tale to reality for whatever reason.

And correct your grammar! Why is there a comma in your sentence?

Edit: a less pissed off more correct answer: There are 2 billion Christians in the world. This is the largest religion by some 400,000 people. These 2 billion people breed. They teach their young. The young grow up and breed. Ad infinitum. Thus many bibles are purchased to supply the vicious cycle of parent child indoctrination.

• Like 5

• Super Moderator

Obviously it's because assholes like me buy them just so we can burn them.

• Like 1

Why does the Bible sell well?  Because entirely too many people have been indoctrinated into that crap from an early age, and subsequently buy copies for themselves and their family members.

Too bad they're buying a book full of mythological pig excrement and hideously bad morality.

• Like 5

any of the harry potter sold faster than bible,,,,

so ?????

5 hours ago, Jon said:

Please justify your claim with evidence, Jon.

Thank you,

BAA.

• Like 1

"the most selling book"

This ass-wipe doesn't even speak English as a first language - he's obviously been deluded into "belief" - from whence, @Jon? Judaism? Islam? Or are you just a Christard whose first language happens to be other than English?

Fuck your stupid questions. You wanted a debate; get the fuck into the Arena and bring something. You're going to get destroyed if you do, and eventually banned or totally ignored here if you don't.

Stop being a pussy. Go debate

Hey look. He's back.

Being popular makes a book true? Wow, your logic is so astounding! I guess the Quran and Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings must all be true!

(By the way, Jon, in case you missed it, that was sarcasm.)

• Like 1

I've had the most-liked content on this forum FIVE different times - must mean I'm writing magical, holy truth, too!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, L.B. said:

I've had the most-liked content on this forum FIVE different times - must mean I'm writing magical, holy truth, too!

Excuse me - I have had the most liked content.... actually a lot of times... wow.

So that makes my writing the one true writings that you should all follow. L.B writings are from the squishy one of confusus.

Now turn around, face New Zealand, jump five times and say ya LogicalFallacy. You shall repeat this until I cometh to you personally by plane. Donations are required from my followers.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Y'all need to check the leader board.

• Super Moderator

All this talk of the buybull makes me think of this:

• Like 2

Jon is violating the spirit and perhaps the letter of this Board guideline:

"The purpose of this forum is to provide a civil, informative, respectful and welcoming environment where people of diverse perspectives can discuss, compare and debate. Posts while debating and discussing different perspectives must be done in the spirit of productivity. If a person's main goal is to undermine a different perspective by creating unproductive posts/threads/responses to others, etc., then those posts may be edited or removed and subject to moderation."

I have no clue of Jon's main goal. The outcome is that his activity subverts the purpose of this site. I vote for a warning and then, if no discussion but simply more threads emerge, I vote to ban.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:58 AM, Jon said:

You would be too simple to work that one out!

Why is the bible the most selling book in history? Because indoctrinated bigots BUY them in the first place to GIVE them away .... leave them in hotel rooms ... where ever .... it is not rocket science!

A TRUE statement would be it is the worlds most given away book in history!!!

• Like 1

By the way Jon ... do your OWN homework:

Here are just a few figures YOU can find on the Net:

https://www.unitedbiblesocieties.org/record-number-of-bibles-distributed-by-bible-societies-in-2014/

"2014 saw the highest number of printed Bibles ever distributed by Bible Societies around the world. Nearly 34 million full Bibles were distributed, a rise of 6% over 2013’s figures, and 14% higher than the number distributed in the first year of the decade."

• The Gideon’s International distributed 59,460,000 Bibles worldwide last year. That’s more than 100 Bibles per minute.
  • The average American Christian owns 9 Bibles and wants to purchase more. For this reason, the Bible is actually excluded from book bestsellers lists because it would always be on top.

And off Gideons OWN site:

"The Gideons International has just surpassed the two billion mark in distributing Bibles and New Testaments.

The distribution of the first one billion Bibles and New Testaments by Gideon members spanned 93 years (1908 to 2001). This second billion was attained in less than 14 years (2002 to 2015)."

http://blog.gideons.org/2015/04/two-billion/

• Like 1

Those facts would tend to skew the analysis.  So, perhaps a better (i.e., more accurate) question is:

"What is the most read book?"

Well, that might not work because most readers of the Bible treat it more as a reference book, reading only parts of it and not reading it cover to cover (and leaving aside the issue that the Bible is a collection of many books and letters).  So, perhaps the better better question is:

"What is the most read book cover to cover?"

Rats, that won't work either because there are now many sources of information other than books.  So, perhaps the better better better question is:

"What is the most popular source of information about a subject, thorough enough to equal a book on that subject?"

On 4/29/2017 at 10:25 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all need to check the leader board.

The leaderboard is fake. Ex-C is manipulating the results. Everyone has equal liked posts on this forum. Don't believe the stats! And wear a tin hat.

• Like 2

I think he's gone again. Maybe he'll return, but no one knows the day or the hour.

• Like 1

Wow! We've never seen that one before! I'm impressed. What else have you got?

And btw, I'm just leaving this link right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rjn said:

Wow! We've never seen that one before! I'm impressed. What else have you got?

And btw, I'm just leaving this link right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

By the way @Jon that's a logical fallacy *wink wink*

On 4/28/2017 at 5:58 AM, Jon said:

I don't know. It had a 600 year head start over other books?

Why is meth so popular? Does popularity equal righteousness?

Really, the bible is quite boring. People are usually guilted into reading it by rabid church members.

If you buy a bible and read it because it is your 'duty' as a Christian instead of reading for the enjoyment.... then it's popularity takes a hit. You might ask why Chilton's is the biggest selling car repair manual? Is it because of the compelling drama of fuel injection? No, because it serves a purpose. To get your car fixed. The bible serves a purpose as well...to keep it's owner's mind enslaved.

So Jon, how much time per day do you read your bible? Compared to the Xbox or TV or playing on your phone?

• Like 3

On 4/29/2017 at 2:07 PM, Realist said:

By the way Jon ... do your OWN homework:

Here are just a few figures YOU can find on the Net:

https://www.unitedbiblesocieties.org/record-number-of-bibles-distributed-by-bible-societies-in-2014/

"2014 saw the highest number of printed Bibles ever distributed by Bible Societies around the world. Nearly 34 million full Bibles were distributed, a rise of 6% over 2013’s figures, and 14% higher than the number distributed in the first year of the decade."

• The Gideon’s International distributed 59,460,000 Bibles worldwide last year. That’s more than 100 Bibles per minute.
  • The average American Christian owns 9 Bibles and wants to purchase more. For this reason, the Bible is actually excluded from book bestsellers lists because it would always be on top.

And off Gideons OWN site:

"The Gideons International has just surpassed the two billion mark in distributing Bibles and New Testaments.

The distribution of the first one billion Bibles and New Testaments by Gideon members spanned 93 years (1908 to 2001). This second billion was attained in less than 14 years (2002 to 2015)."

http://blog.gideons.org/2015/04/two-billion/

So, to summarize: The bible is the biggest selling book because one Christian organization buys most of them and gives them away. :)