Goodbye Jesus

Ghosts are not real

Castiel233

You tube is full of ghosts pictures, ghosts videos and ghost story's.

One could weep at the comments believing that's such stuff is real......

Why do ghosts usually appear at night in spooky locations and in front of shaky and poorly lit camera equipment.

Same with aliens and UFOs.........to quote the Simpsons......"close encounters of the blurred kind".............

Because people are not educated enough to know that their brains will play impressive tricks on them.

Darth vader came into my room once when I was young, but even then I was smart enough to know it was my imagination!

• Like 2

Big Foot told me ghosts are real and he heard that straight from the Loch Ness monster who actually saw one.

mwc

You tube is full of ghosts pictures, ghosts videos and ghost story's.

One could weep at the comments believing that's such stuff is real......

Why do ghosts usually appear at night in spooky locations and in front of shaky and poorly lit camera equipment.

Same with aliens and UFOs.........to quote the Simpsons......"close encounters of the blurred kind".............

What's funny is that if you type "real miracle's" in YouTube, you'll find almost nothing. 

Big Foot told me ghosts are real and he heard that straight from the Loch Ness monster who actually saw one.

mwc

Where is the evidence huh? Big foot is always going on about he heard this or that! Why just two days ago he was yabbering out about a whole town got abducted by wandering aliens from M71. Seriously he never provides any evidence for this. Its all heresy.

Where is the evidence huh? Big foot is always going on about he heard this or that! Why just two days ago he was yabbering out about a whole town got abducted by wandering aliens from M71. Seriously he never provides any evidence for this. Its all heresy.

Shit all over Big foot just because you two have never gotten along.  He was right about that Yeti bitch and I bet he's right about this too.  I will grant you he does go a little over the top on the alien nonsense but otherwise he's pretty reliable.

mwc

Rubbish! Yeti was there with the Mexicans when the sun moved all over the sky. It's a first hand witness account. What more do you want? Bigfoot got pissed off because he got shown up after he claimed he could prove the existence of leprechauns in the Nottingham forest so is attempting to discredit true (TM)  supernatural events.

Most Christians I know would claim to not believe in ghosts. I've been thinking of answering, when asked if I believe in "God," that I don't believe in ghosts or magic. Should they reply that they don't believe in those things, either, I would point out that a ghost is a mind without a body that is somehow able to affect the physical world, and that magic is the act of affecting to physical world using something other than physical means... essentially using one's mind or will. If they believe in gods and spirits, and if they believe that miracles ever occurred (even if they don't believe they occur today), then they believe in ghosts and magic.

There are serious researchers in this field who believe in the existence of what are commonly called 'ghosts' but do not think they are disembodied spirits of the dead. There is some thinking that they may be residual energy fields of some sort. Attached to a place where something tragic took place, for example. They are not intelligent which explains why often they seem to engage in repeated actions. 

Ever notice that the ghosts always have clothes on?

I have a friend Jenny (name changed to protect the stupid) who came to me with her ghost story, this would be about 15 years ago so I'll be paraphrasing a bit here.  She had a school friend, Nick, who was a hardcore stoner and quickly progressed to harder drugs.  They had tried to help Nick for many years but he never really seemed motivated to quit, the addiction was too strong.  One day Jenny got the call she dreaded, Nick had been found dead of an overdose.

It was a week after the funeral that she came to me and said "I was visited by Nick's ghost last night"

I said "Before you tell me the details let me guess. He appeared when you would be just about to wake up. You had been dreaming about him. You felt calm and peaceful. He said all the things you wish he'd said in life, he loved you, he was sorry etc"

"Yes it was exactly like that, how did you know?"

"It's called a waking dream, especially common when you are grieving."

"But it felt so real, how do you know it wasn't?"

"If you met a ghost walking towards you what would your natural reaction be?"

"I don't know... scream? Run?"

"Exactly, huge adrenaline burst as your natural fight or flight mode kicks in. As soon as you say you were peaceful I know it was not real but a dream while half asleep."

She pondered this for a minute and said "It felt real to me, you didn't experience it so you can't know, I know I was awake so I believe it was really Nick."

I left it at that, belief in spite of evidence.

"If you met a ghost walking towards you what would your natural reaction be?"

"I don't know... scream? Run?"

"Exactly, huge adrenaline burst as your natural fight or flight mode kicks in. As soon as you say you were peaceful I know it was not real but a dream while half asleep."

That's a really good point. The normal reaction is instant terror, no matter who or what it is. It's only in dreams or half-sleep state that you feel calm. But then they could just say ghosts know this so they only visit you at that sleepy time frame so they won't freak you out.