Goodbye Jesus

The Secret History of the Bible

Geezer

Lots of posts have been made on this site referencing various religious historians and what their research has exposed about the Bible. This is a long video, but well worth the time invested to watch it. It pretty much condenses all the books I've read about problems with the bible down to a few minutes of video, but none of the content is lost. And for those that still fear hell and the devil it also exposes the origins of Satan. And he wasn't evil in the beginning. 

If you think the bible is in some way true, then you need to watch this video. 

• Like 4

Around 13:00 they start going into the astrological symbolism, which I've been calling attention to lately. Quite interesting at 18:54. This goes back to what I've mentioned about the astronomer priests being right on top of which constellation the sun was rising into during the spring religious festivals following the vernal equinox, which is pass over. So all of the messanic expectation hinges around this model where the Great Year was ending, and then starting over again. The starting over again occurred when sun began rising into the constellation of Pisces at the vernal equinox. The oldest christians symbolism hinges around the Fish. The oldest iconography of the cross, is of lamb on the cross or a blank cross. Just like Mithraism showing the slain bull of the former age, christianity showed the lamb on the cross of the zodiac, representing the exact same thing by way of astrological symbolism. It was quite frankly, a mystery school and new age religion. 

• Like 1

How accurate is their comparison of Christianity and Mithraism? 

Christianity is similar to a number of other ancient religions, so similiar in fact that the early church fathers had to address those similarities. I'm familiar with Mithraism but not all the details of it. I think the videos comparisons with other ancient religions, including Mithras, may have been exaggerated. Similarities certainly exist but the video may have overstated those similiarities. Other ancient religions certainly were not exact replicas of the gospel story but those religions likely were the basis for the gospel story. Aside from this issue I thought the video was pretty accurate.

• Like 1

They'd (Mithraism) bath in the blood of a sacrifice. I don't know if that's where they were tying the Eucharist in or not. It's obvious enough the point they were making, though. It wasn't Jewish at all to emulate drinking blood, or sacrificial blood. It was mystery school oriented. And that's what seems obvious to me. Christianity was another edition to mystery school content. That's why it copies so many things. It's one of those things. Or at least it was. It seems like they were persecuted for profaning the ancient mysteries to the public. That was a capital punishment issue. And they really were profaning the solar mysteries when you look at it closely.

My thoughts have been that a heavy emphasis away from the mystical and Gnostic, to the orthodox, may have been as simple as a way of obscuring the solar mysteries by putting the focus on literal and historical interpretations, thereby changing the presentation to exoteric. If a big stink was caused by profaning the solar mysteries, but then a strong emphasis was put on reading the symbols exoterically, literally and historically, then the meanings of the symbols are more or less concealed from the general public. And in time it would have been viewed as acceptable enough to make an empire wide religion. From this view, as christianity went around the world over taking the pagan cultures and their mythologies, and incorporating them into christianity, via saint hood and all else mentioned, they were at the same time taking everyone else's ancient mysteries and concealing them as well. All under the cloak of christianity. 

Something to think about. 

• Like 1

The video noted the biggest difference between Christianity & all the other mystery religions was the creation of a church. The idea of a church was new & unique to Christianity. The church is where the power & authority of Christianity resides.

Being baptized into Mithra was done by digging a pit. Mithra believers were placed in the pit & then the blood of a sacrificial bull was poured over them. In Christianity, of course, a believer is baptized into Christ. The waters of baptism being the symbolic blood of Christ. Christian baptism originally required the believer to be completely immersed under the water & many groups still require this method. An example of the similarities between the 2 religions. There are, of course, many more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've looked into the history of Mirthra. It seems history has very little information about this religion. The film was pretty accurate, except for comparing other religions with Christianity. The films comparison of Christianity with Mithra was pure bullshit. I don't why the producers of the film would do that, there is a mountain of evidence that proves Christianity is man made nonsense, so there is no reason to make stuff up that isn't true.

Christianity has clearly taken ideas & beliefs from other ancient religions, so it isn't necessary to make stuff up & place doubt on your own credibility. 

• Like 1