Goodbye Jesus

Spiritology

whitehorse

If there is only one true spirit that real Christians say communicates with them. Why do these true believers arrive at different conclusions when dealing with unknown subject matter? Shouldn't the spirit of their head God lead them to the same conclusions.

Be skeptical of what Christians "say".  In my experience, they often merely repeat what someone else told them without ever thinking about it themselves.  Others present various flavors of logical fallacies or Christian apologetics (which often contain logical fallacies or factual misrepresentations).  Some lie and know they are lying.  

Yes, be skeptical of what Christians "say".

As to your example, please provide your analysis of that particular situation.  Christians "say" something (the Holy Ghost/Spirit or God or Jesus communicates with them).  Yet you observe that when comparing many of these folks they say different things.  Why do you think that happens?

If there is only one true spirit that real Christians say communicates with them. Why do these true believers arrive at different conclusions when dealing with unknown subject matter? Shouldn't the spirit of their head God lead them to the same conclusions.

What do you consider to be a "real Christian"? The Bible speaks of many spirits that have gone out into the world, and some of them can appear as angels of light that can lead many astray from the truth. 

Of course the Spirit of Truth leads all that believe to the truth, silly, so what's your point?

Be skeptical of what Christians "say".  In my experience, they often merely repeat what someone else told them without ever thinking about it themselves.  Others present various flavors of logical fallacies or Christian apologetics (which often contain logical fallacies or factual misrepresentations).  Some lie and know they are lying.  

Yes, be skeptical of what Christians "say".

As to your example, please provide your analysis of that particular situation.  Christians "say" something (the Holy Ghost/Spirit or God or Jesus communicates with them).  Yet you observe that when comparing many of these folks they say different things.  Why do you think that happens?

Probably because their opinions are shaped by the morality they adhere too.

Like the subjects of abortion or children going to hell. Their objections are based on a moralistic model that they believe is correct, and they pick the verses they think best defends their moral argument.

What do you consider to be a "real Christian"? The Bible speaks of many spirits that have gone out into the world, and some of them can appear as angels of light that can lead many astray from the truth. 

Of course the Spirit of Truth leads all that believe to the truth, silly, so what's your point?

I don't know, they're all real Christians. Well all of them think they are.

Note:

See, to themselves they're all real Christians. But they have a hard time accepting that others are real Christian, the war is with them mainly.

Probably because their opinions are shaped by the morality they adhere too.

Like the subjects of abortion or children going to hell. Their objections are based on a moralistic model that they believe is correct, and they pick the verses they think best defends their moral argument.

That seems like they are projecting their own morals upon their professed religion, or at least seeking approval for them by cherry picking Scriptures of their choosing (and likely ignoring other Scriptures), all in an attempt to bolster their claims.  That's fine, if that's what they decide to do.  Do they intend/desire/want to impose their morals upon others?  Are you concerned that they want to impose those morals upon you?  If so, why is that important?

As to belief, do you care what they believe?  If so, why?

That seems like they are projecting their own morals upon their professed religion, or at least seeking approval for them by cherry picking Scriptures of their choosing (and likely ignoring other Scriptures), all in an attempt to bolster their claims.  That's fine, if that's what they decide to do.  Do they intend/desire/want to impose their morals upon others?  Are you concerned that they want to impose those morals upon you?  If so, why is that important?

As to belief, do you care what they believe?  If so, why?

Well I know they project something into the bible, then pick verses to validate this something. I'm guessing it's morals. (Could be their spiritual opinions)

I was very concerned about Christians imposing their morals on me, but not much anymore unless they're up in my grill about it. 

Do I care about what they believe? I think I do a little but not like I used to. You know when you go through that anger phase, and you want to thump them all for teaching you shit.

• 1 month later...

I thought Xians followed the Ten Commandments.

Well, on the view that Christianity is false this is very easy to explain. On the view that it's true, we can revert to saying that God's ways are not ours, and His thoughts are not our thoughts, and so we can't be expected to fully understand His will. Moreover, add imperfect humans, we will undoubtedly make mistakes from time to time, which can conveniently be used to explain any doctrinal discrepancies.