Goodbye Jesus

How do you get the old format back?

Wittyusername

Not sure where to put this. I emailed a few weeks ago I think, but had no answer.

the layout of the forum has changed and before, if you clicked in a thread then left, the next time you clicked it would take you to the last place you read, I.e. New posts. Now we have to scroll down from the beginning. Is there any way to get this feature back?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

What I've been doing is clicking on Activity and under that Unread Content.  Then click on the circle right next to the title of the thread (or right click if you want to open the thread in a new tab).    It should take you to your first unread comment in that thread. If there is a better way, maybe someone will let us know.  :dance:   

Also some other questions about the new format are answered under the "Got Questions?" section.    (I'll move this thread there after you've had a chance to see it here.)

That's strange. It still works fine for me. Could it be that you accidentally changed a setting in your account?

(The only place I've had issues is in the Questions forum. Some of the posts in threads there are out of sequence for some reason. The other forums seem to all be functioning properly for me.)

[EDIT: I just took a quick look at my account settings and I didn't  notice anything that should affect that, so I'm guessing that's not the source of your issue. Sorry; I don't have a clue.]

What I've been doing is clicking on Activity and under that Unread Content.  Then click on the circle right next to the title of the thread (or right click if you want to open the thread in a new tab).    It should take you to your first unread comment in that thread. If there is a better way, maybe someone will let us know.  :dance:   

Also some other questions about the new format are answered under the "Got Questions?" section.    (I'll move this thread there after you've had a chance to see it here.)

I'm on mobile and can't see anywhere that says 'Activity' or 'unread content'.

@Chitsonga a few weeks (months?) ago the whole site changed its whole look one day. I didn't change anything.

@Chitsonga a few weeks (months?) ago the whole site changed its whole look one day. I didn't change anything.

Yes, the site was changed a while back, but the problem you're having isn't simply because of that, because it works for others, including myself. It could be that there's a compatibility issue with whatever device you're using. I had a different phone when the site changed, and that phone wouldn't let me post anything at all on the new board (it never gave me a field to type in). It works great on my new phone and my PC, though.

P.S. -- It's Citsonga (agnostic spelled backwards), not Chitsona. ;)

I'm on mobile and can't see anywhere that says 'Activity' or 'unread content'.

Oh yeah, those options don't show up on my phone, either. However, I sent my phone a link from the computer for the Activity page, and that's what I use. It should work for you, too. Here it is:

http://www.ex-christian.net/discover/

If you want to see only the unread content, then try this:

http://www.ex-christian.net/discover/unread/

OK, I just checked and clicking the thread title from the regular forum pages also doesn't take me to where I left off. Clicking the title from the activity page does, though (that's usually where I start when I come on the board). Clicking the circle or star to the left of the title always works, though (except for the out-of-sequence posts in the Got Questions forum). That circle or star is not visible on my phone, but it still works to click to the left of the thread title, right where the circle or star should be.

Hi there. Sorry for calling you the wrong name ?.

It is as simple as clicking the circle/star instead of clicking the thread title.

thanks !