Lyra

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Compare (Gen. 24:16) with (Gen. 24:43)

Deflection - we are talking about Isaiah not Genesis. They were written by different people, at different times, about different subjects.

I have no issue.   I explained already that the term used for young woman of marrying age does not  have to speak to a virgin birth.   But it can speak to a virgin birth.  Which Matthew says it does when applied  to Jesus Christ.  Thus both near and far fulfillment's are addressed.  That it has a near fulfillment is clear as seen in chapters (8-9).   That a far fulfillment is required is clear because the birth will be One who is Divine.  

Nearly 50 pages and you still do not know what a bald assertion is. You have nothing in the bible, from the prophet, that states that the prophesy is supposed to be near and far. This is a Christian New Testament perversion of the OT.

And you failed to answer this most enlightening question. Please do so before we reach our max number of pages:

Now you have an issue here - if you want to hold to your near and future fulfillment that means there have been TWO virgin births in history and TWO messaiahs. Do you accept this?

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

One can have questions about the Bible and not question the Bible. 

Haha, I just burst out laughing at work.... O.X.Y.M.O.R.O.N

oxymoron
ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/
noun
  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Or eg. you can have questions about the bible without questioning the bible.... no if you don't question the bible you have no questions about the bible and you accept it all as true.

I see I was given a requirement to prove I question something in the Bible.   I have till page 50.  But that ain't going to happen.  

I am still perplexed as to Strangers point of being here... it obviously wasn't to question his belief's, he is not genuinely interested in arguments against God and the bible, and he doesn't seem to be trying to save lost souls.

So Stranger what is/was your purpose here? You came onto an Ex-Christian site while you are Christian - you had some purpose in mind yes? Or is you purpose like your questioning abilities? i.e. non existent.

• Like 2

One can have questions about the Bible and not question the Bible.   

I see I was given a requirement to prove I question something in the Bible.   I have till page 50.  But that ain't going to happen.  

If that requirement remains, there is no need for me to continue.

If so, it has been a pleasure.

Stranger

No need to wait till page 50.   I will never question what the Bible says.

It's been a pleasure.

Stranger

I could be wrong, but it seems poster Stranger is ready to take his marbled nonsense and go away.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but it seems poster Stranger is ready to take his marbled nonsense and go away.

Cue song line: "What a feeling, beings believing!"

• Like 1

I hope you're right. A comedian who keeps telling the same tired old jokes over and over again just isn't funny anymore. ;)

• Like 1

So, your parents taught you nothing.  OK.

My prayers won't work in your life.   

Stranger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End3

How can you possibly know where prayers will work.  I've met a lot of Godly people S, but none making this claim. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End,

Now that Stranger's skedaddled he won't be answering your question.

But I can do it for him, if you'd like.

He's already told me how he can know things for absolute certain - without any need for evidence.

Please lmk.

Thanks,

BAA. 

Wow! Discovered this thread today. Feelings I cannot describe...

Ex-christian community......:clap:

• Like 2