Goodbye Jesus

Pregnant at 18. Hailed by Abortion Foes. Punished by Christian School.

Fweethawt

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/us/teen-pregnancy-religious-values-christian-school.html?referer=https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/.compact

She has a 4.0 average at Heritage Academy, the small private Christian school she attends; played on the soccer team; and served as president of the student council. But when her fellow seniors don blue caps and gowns at graduation early next month, Ms. Runkles, 18, will not be among them.

The theistic command that as humans - the one species that is perpetually 'in heat' from adolescence onward - we must limit sex to monogamous marriage to a member of the opposite sex, remaining so for life - that is the true perversion, in my opinion.

• Like 4

So the school thinks she should be punished at graduation and the pro-life group thinks she should be lauded, but it should be based solely on her academic performance. Her pregnancy and decision should have no bearing either way on whether or not she gets to participate in the ceremony. I feel sorry for this girl having to deal with all this garbage.

• Like 3

Back in my xian school days sexual activity, much less a pregnancy, would have meant expulsion along with the withholding of that semesters (if not that years) grades.

Hell, way back in the 6th grade when we did the little "graduation" to move to junior high they had some issue with me and withheld my little diploma.  They stuck it too me then by agreeing to let me go through the ceremony with everyone else, which sound gracious enough, but put all the diplomas out front for everyone coming in to see.  They were stack nicely in a pile.  They were all a little off-white color, except mine, which was right on top, bright white, totally blank and had my named clearly written along the edge.  So everyone could see this thing sticking out like a sore thumb and looked right at it.  They all knew who got the blank piece of paper when names were called.  My xian school excelled at dick moves like this.  I was constantly causing shit as a result.

My last year in the xian school they tried expelling me for something I didn't do but that didn't matter to them.  They tried withholding my grades too.  It was only because the principle had a gun on campus (that he pointed at the secretaries while "play shooting" them that I personally witnessed) that gave me the leverage to stay out the little time left in the year and keep my grades.

When you enter one of these private schools, at least when I did, you and your parents sign a contract that gives these people total control of your life both on and off campus.  If they catch you doing something that violates their rules, anywhere, then they can take punitive action.  It might be a bit more lenient now but it almost seems this girl is getting off pretty easy (don't confuse the terms "easy" with "fairly").

mwc