Goodbye Jesus

Apparently my Coworker is a Healer!!!!!!

knightcore

Complete sarcasm in the title. But the other day I was struggling at work because of my ovarian cysts and my coworker very kindly and lovingly told me that "You know Jesus can take those from you". I couldn't think of anything to do other than just walk away. But when I came back she told me that she would be more than happy to pray over me. You see, apparently she is chosen by God to do that kinda thing <_< 

She does this kind of thing a lot to me because she sees me as a project for reconverting. I would like to note that we aren't friends outside of work and are barely friends at work. She really likes to guilt trip me about leaving the faith and its very exhausting. But the whole healing thing is a new tack for her. She's tried before by telling me I don't need my depression meds but now she's going after my physical disabilities. Truly a warrior for Christ!

First question I would ask her is why Jesus gave you the cysts in the first place? Or gave you depression? 

They are so quick to say he could heal those things, but never tackle the part about him giving them to you in the first place. From there, they will likely say it is either:

A. Punishment for turning your back, which turns the benevolent god/jesus into a malevolent being. 

B. Satan did it, which means god/jesus isn't as powerful as people think he is, since he can't even stop his own creation from bringing suffering onto people. 

C. A test of your faith, which why would a powerful god/jesus need to test people in the first place? It's pointless, and barrels into the malevolent territory again. Bringing suffering upon someone to test them. 

According to these people, god/jesus is the most powerful thing in existence, they are also benevolent, loving, and see all. But yet, so weak to stop his creation if the case, or is actually rather spiteful and evil for making people suffer in the first place. 

If it keeps up, I would report her to your boss as harassment if she does not heed your requests to stop. It is making you uncomfortable, and that qualifies as harassment as it is making for a hostile work environment.

I hope you feel better and can get REAL treatment for the cysts soon! 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Why are the local hospitals still open?  If she really had "the gift of healing" she should have been able to put them all out of business by now.  :Hmm:  :yelrotflmao:

I'm sure that's what we "evil" ex-christians would do if we could, right?!?

I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 4

knightcore,

Being physically bent is never fun. Hope your coworker can heal herself of her inxanity before she drives you down crazy street with her!

As with above, hoping you can quickly have your internal problems abated, health back to getting stable.

kevinL

• Like 1

Appreciate all the well wishes! It's kind of a chronic thing and I deal with it but the sentiments are very nice. As for my coworker it's mostly harmless, but she's starting to make several people at work dislike her more with all this. I think what frustrates me the most is that she is obviously also depressed and unstable, but refuses to confront any of it. She says god will take it from her, which is more sad than anything else honestly. 

Complete sarcasm in the title. But the other day I was struggling at work because of my ovarian cysts and my coworker very kindly and lovingly told me that "You know Jesus can take those from you". I couldn't think of anything to do other than just walk away. But when I came back she told me that she would be more than happy to pray over me. You see, apparently she is chosen by God to do that kinda thing <_< 

She does this kind of thing a lot to me because she sees me as a project for reconverting. I would like to note that we aren't friends outside of work and are barely friends at work. She really likes to guilt trip me about leaving the faith and its very exhausting. But the whole healing thing is a new tack for her. She's tried before by telling me I don't need my depression meds but now she's going after my physical disabilities. Truly a warrior for Christ!

She's a True Believer.