Goodbye Jesus

Getting over unhelpful views

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere on here, but anyway. I've been pretty good lately with planning and self responsibility for things, starting to build newer or better relationships with those who I previously viewed as 'the world.' Things are improving. It's when the difficulties and setbacks occur or just shit you can't control that things get more tough and I realize some deeply held unhelpful views of self are still affecting me as much as I might intellectually know they are not true. And when all these things happen and things seem to be going downhill I realize there's some unconscious " well you left God so maybe you deserve all this shit" attitude going on. Any helpful ways to get rid of these? Maybe it just takes time and talking back. Id have liked this process to be faster but it appears that you can't just leave and put it all behind you just like that. I'm still reading, and reading and learning helps. My therapists view is that I need time for my new convictions to replace the old. 

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.