Goodbye Jesus

Question about Cosmology and Biology, etc...

Storm

So, I have been reading some of the recent threads about Cosmological Arguments and also the banter between OC and BAA. Interesting stuff for certain. But I have some nagging questions:

It certainly seems plausible that the events that led to the formation of our universe could happen again at some point. Is there a real possibility that this could happen again? If so, what might be expected? Can two "universes" exist simultaneously in the same "area"? I guess the same questions could be asked regarding abiogenesis as well. Why does life not continue to "restart" so to speak? I understand that there may not be the same "stressors" or other factors now that existed then, but it certainly would be interesting if an event happened again to be observed. I have to think these questions have been asked before, but I was curious about what our local residents have to say about it.

Storm,

May I recommend that you take a look at this thread...

...and join LogicalFallacy, Josh Pantera and I when it resumes?

Thanks,

BAA.

Regarding abiogenesis, this is the creation of single cell life, so with that in mind imagine it was happening right now in the oceans of the world...  how would we know?  When the life form is only visible under a microscope and the area of consideration is the majority of our planets surface it is the smallest ever needle in a planet size haystack.

Approximately 18,000 new species were catalogued last year and researchers guess there are millions more not yet recorded.  If a new species arose in the mean time we have such a huge mountain of species to recognise as it is, that the one more wouldn't stand out.

So, I have been reading some of the recent threads about Cosmological Arguments and also the banter between OC and BAA. Interesting stuff for certain. But I have some nagging questions:

It certainly seems plausible that the events that led to the formation of our universe could happen again at some point. Is there a real possibility that this could happen again? If so, what might be expected? Can two "universes" exist simultaneously in the same "area"? I guess the same questions could be asked regarding abiogenesis as well. Why does life not continue to "restart" so to speak? I understand that there may not be the same "stressors" or other factors now that existed then, but it certainly would be interesting if an event happened again to be observed. I have to think these questions have been asked before, but I was curious about what our local residents have to say about it.

According to some versions of the Big Bang model the beginning event, however unlikely, could happen again, hence the belief by a number of theorists in multiverses (more than one universe). The Big Bang model itself breaks down theoretically in a beginning singularity when our present theory of gravity is used, which is General Relativity.

Most realize that all of this is based upon theory and that even the Big Bang model could be wrong. I small minority of theorists have various other explanations to explain another beginning for the universe, or propose that the universe has always existed.

Abiogenesis is still speculation as to a favored model of it, but generally all theorists in this field agree that abiogenisis is the only likely explanation as to the basis for the beginnings of life here on Earth and probably elsewhere. Most believe that the Earth's first life started by abiogenisis here on the Earth. Others have proposed that life could have first started in the clouds and comets of our beginning solar system, on one of the other planets or moons, or even on a broader scale in our part of  our galaxy, delivered here by errant asteroids and/or comets.

So, as far as anyone knows, there is no known set of specific circumstances that were unique to the universe roughly 14 billion years ago, that would not necessarily still exist today? So it is plausible that another big bang type event could happen. Maybe not be likely, but could happen. 

So, as far as anyone knows, there is no known set of specific circumstances that were unique to the universe roughly 14 billion years ago, that would not necessarily still exist today? So it is plausible that another big bang type event could happen. Maybe not be likely, but could happen. 

Most multiverse theorists believe your statement is true, that this creation event could, and probably does happen over and over again. Probably most multiverse theorists also propose that these new universes generally do not interact with our own. It is another question whether such an event could happen again within the dimensions of our own universe. Usually this speculation involves theories other than multiverse theory.

Here is another speculative idea concerning a Big Bang beginning.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23431290-500-the-higgs-bang-the-particle-that-blew-up-the-universe/?cmpid=NLC|NSNS|2017-0806-GLOBAL&utm_medium=NLC&utm_source=NSNS