Goodbye Jesus

Christians - Can you identify the problems with this statement?

LogicalFallacy

About Reasonable Faith

Our Mission

Reasonable Faith aims to provide in the public arena an intelligent, articulate, and uncompromising yet gracious Christian perspective on the most important issues concerning the truth of the Christian faith today, such as:

• the existence of God
  • the meaning of life
  • the objectivity of truth
  • the foundation of moral values
  • the creation of the universe
  • intelligent design
  • the reliability of the Gospels
  • the uniqueness of Jesus
  • the historicity of the resurrection
  • the challenge of religious pluralism

Reasonable Faith features the work of philosopher and theologian Dr. William Lane Craig in order to carry out its three-fold mission:

• to provide an articulate, intelligent voice for biblical Christianity in the public arena.
  • to challenge unbelievers with the truth of biblical Christianity.
  • to train Christians to state and defend Christian truth claims with greater effectiveness.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/about-reasonable-faith#ixzz4jwIO9iLl

Is Craig behind this?

Is Craig behind this?

Yep - that's the mission statement from WLC site reasonable faith.

They talk about "truth" but there's an issue with their mission statement. I want to see if Christians can spot it.

They talk about "truth" but there's an issue with their mission statement. I want to see if Christians can spot it.

At first glance, I would say the mixing of 'reason' and 'faith' is an issue.    

Stranger

At first glance, I would say the mixing of 'reason' and 'faith' is an issue.    

Stranger

That is an issue, but only one that concerns Christians. Nowadays many believe that God should be sought with reason and evidence despite the obvious anti reason and evidence position of the bible.

However that's not what issue I was talking about. Imagine you are on an honest search for truth. Read the mission statement. What is wrong with it in reference to truth?

• Like 1

That is an issue, but only one that concerns Christians. Nowadays many believe that God should be sought with reason and evidence despite the obvious anti reason and evidence position of the bible.

However that's not what issue I was talking about. Imagine you are on an honest search for truth. Read the mission statement. What is wrong with it in reference to truth?

I gave you an answer.  So, if I am wrong, fine.  Tell me what the problem is.

Stranger

Craig is an intellectual whore who in oblivious to his emotional and psychological addiction to a particular religion.

I gave you an answer.  So, if I am wrong, fine.  Tell me what the problem is.

Stranger

You may have a reading comprehension problem. I did not say your answer was wrong, in fact my opening response "That is an issue" tells you that I agree with you. I then proceed to tell you (By following with a "However") that I was not specifically looking at that issue as I was interested in the relationship between the mission statement and finding truth.

If I wanted to just tell you what the problem was I would have done so from the beginning - I am however attempting to get Christians to engage in critical thinking. If you are not up to the task, please let me know and I will state what the issue is.

Craig is an intellectual whore who in oblivious to his emotional and psychological addiction to a particular religion.

Agreed, however we can ignore Craig for now as what is the underlying assumption in the mission statement is found on Christian sites from theological ones to archaeological ones, not specific to Craig. (PS TBH, if I was Craig I don't know if I'd publically renounce faith at his stage. I'd like to think I'm strong and honest enough to do so if I thought it was false, but would I? Hmm.)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hahahahaha *snort* moral values!? From xtians?! Hahahahaha * snort snort snort*