Goodbye Jesus

Original Sin

LogicalFallacy

I have answered your questions.  God is righteous in all that He does.

Stranger

Stranger,

My exploratory questions are not about anything the Bible says god has done.

They are exploratory because they are about things that he might do in his righteousness.

If he inflicted the plagues mentioned in Revelation on Adam and Eve and had them writhe in agony for weeks/months/years, before healing them, cursing them and casting them out of Eden...

...would this have been entirely righteous punishment for them?

You'll note that I've reduced the burden on you by 50%, so that you now have just one to answer, please.

Please do so.

Thanks,

BAA.

Don't be scared.   Does New Zealand allow you to have guns?   Do you have any?

Stranger

Yes in NZ you can own firearms, but subject to sitting exams, and checks on the house. Also to buy firearms you must have a licence.

Not sure about Realist, but I have a number of firearms.

Not sure how Realist having or not having any firearms in anyway impacts on the argument that armed religious fanatics are dangerous. Once again, instead of dealing with the topic, Stranger instead deflects. I don't think stranger knows how to actually answer a question. God knows BAA trying getting an answer out of Stranger is like extracting water from a rock, or blood from a stone.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

... and of course deep down he has concerns about his god and his ability to protect him .... that's why his 2nd god is guns!! :D

From the perspective of a good ol' redneck, if there is a Trinity, it is made up of Guitars, Guns, and Girls.

Stranger,

My exploratory questions are not about anything the Bible says god has done.

They are exploratory because they are about things that he might do in his righteousness.

If he inflicted the plagues mentioned in Revelation on Adam and Eve and had them writhe in agony for weeks/months/years, before healing them, cursing them and casting them out of Eden...

You'll note that I've reduced the burden on you by 50%, so that you now have just one to answer, please.

Please do so.

Thanks,

BAA.

In the things God has done, He is righteous.

Int the things God will do, He is righteous.   

Stanger

Yes in NZ you can own firearms, but subject to sitting exams, and checks on the house. Also to buy firearms you must have a licence.

Not sure about Realist, but I have a number of firearms.

Not sure how Realist having or not having any firearms in anyway impacts on the argument that armed religious fanatics are dangerous. Once again, instead of dealing with the topic, Stranger instead deflects. I don't think stranger knows how to actually answer a question. God knows BAA trying getting an answer out of Stranger is like extracting water from a rock, or blood from a stone.

Firearms were not brought up in this argument by me.  So, don't blame me for any deflection.    Glad to hear you can and do own firearms.   Sorry to hear you must have a license to do so.  That is what makes America great.

Stranger

• Super Moderator

As a Southern Gentleman and an owner of guns myself, I feel I should interject here to say that while I am deeply grateful for the right to keep and bear arms, I also support a more responsible approach to gun ownership like the our Aussie and Kiwi counterparts have.  The example I generally use is high capacity magazines.  If someone breaks into my home and I fire off all ten rounds in my standard clip without hitting the bastard, what I need is more target practice, not more ammo.

• Like 3

Firearms were not brought up in this argument by me.  So, don't blame me for any deflection.    Glad to hear you can and do own firearms.   Sorry to hear you must have a license to do so.  That is what makes America great.

Stranger

Tell that to the people gunned down by that doctor who walked into a frickin hospital with a rifle in his lab coat!

You keep your great America.

Regarding the argument: Realist said he fears the dangerous mix of guns and religious fanatics. Instead of addressing that very real concern, you deflected the conversation to ask Realist if he owned guns, as if gun ownership somehow has any impact on the subject of mixing weapons with fanatics.

But why am I explaining this to you? You don't care, you don't understand what circular reasoning is or what deflection is, and you don't want to know.

Seems like you and others have asked that before.  I am giving my side of what a Christian believes.   I'm not trying to convert you.    What would I have to prove?  

Stranger

It's just...we know your side. Been there, done that. If you're not trying to convert us and you're not open to changing your mind, what's the point?

Stranger,

My exploratory questions are not about anything the Bible says god has done.

They are exploratory because they are about things that he might do in his righteousness.

Please do so.

Thanks,

BAA.

Stanger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you re-read my response Stranger, you'll see that I'm exploring what god might do in his righteousness.

Not what he had done or will do in his righteousness.  MIGHT DO.

So please answer the question that was put to you and not one you've substituted.

Here it is again.

Thank you,

BAA.

Stranger

Holy shit. As an American myself, that is a frightening state of mind to hear someone actually voice.

• Like 1

Holy shit. As an American myself, that is a frightening state of mind to hear someone actually voice.

... as for myself I have probably had way more to do with firearms than most on this forum! I have been heavily tied up with legislation regarding firearm ownership. If this guy lived here I would surely want him checked to see if he was a fit and proper person to possess firearms. At this point I would doubt it!

Stranger

... who has them in their profile as their 2nd god?... Not me ... do I take the blame for what you have in your profile? Can you get anything right?

As a Southern Gentleman and an owner of guns myself, I feel I should interject here to say that while I am deeply grateful for the right to keep and bear arms, I also support a more responsible approach to gun ownership like the our Aussie and Kiwi counterparts have.  The example I generally use is high capacity magazines.  If someone breaks into my home and I fire off all ten rounds in my standard clip without hitting the bastard, what I need is more target practice, not more ammo.

Proff ... my beef is NOT about gun ownership. It is about the suitability of a person to own a firearm. I would question this guy's motives in owning firearms given fundamentalist religions track record with them!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Proff ... my beef is NOT about gun ownership. It is about the suitability of a person to own a firearm. I would question this guy's motives in owning firearms given fundamentalist religions track record with them!

Couldn't agree more, my friend.

• Like 1

You realize our 2nd amendment is there to protect the civilian population from the government.   It was not for just home intruders.  All of the first 10 amendments, the Bill or rights, was there to protect us from our government.  

So, the government would now like to allow you a single shot 4/10., so you can hunt rabbits.    While they have assault rifles and high capacity magazines, to control you.

To be honest, if someone breaks into your home, and you have access to your gun,  What you want is a 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun.   The gauge of the shot should be no lower than 4.   I myself like 00buck.   Yours will be the only story told.

Stranger

Stranger,

My exploratory questions are not about anything the Bible says god has done.

They are exploratory because they are about things that he might do in his righteousness.

Please do so.

Thanks,

BAA.

Stanger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you re-read my response Stranger, you'll see that I'm exploring what god might do in his righteousness.

Not what he had done or will do in his righteousness.  MIGHT DO.

So please answer the question that was put to you and not one you've substituted.

Here it is again.

Thank you,

BAA.

I can tell you that whatever God does, He is righteous.

Stranger

You realize our 2nd amendment is there to protect the civilian population from the government.   It was not for just home intruders.  All of the first 10 amendments, the Bill or rights, was there to protect us from our government.  

So, the government would now like to allow you a single shot 4/10., so you can hunt rabbits.    While they have assault rifles and high capacity magazines, to control you.

To be honest, if someone breaks into your home, and you have access to your gun,  What you want is a 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun.   The gauge of the shot should be no lower than 4.   I myself like 00buck.   Yours will be the only story told.

Stranger

... so you do not have enough faith that your god can protect you??

You must therefore have doubts that he does not exist.

• Like 1

Please, don't be a gurlyman.

Stranger

... as for myself I have probably had way more to do with firearms than most on this forum! I have been heavily tied up with legislation regarding firearm ownership. If this guy lived here I would surely want him checked to see if he was a fit and proper person to possess firearms. At this point I would doubt it!

So, do you own a gun?

Stranger

Please, don't be a gurlyman.

Stranger

Oh, so you're reducing this to childish insults now. Lovely.

... who has them in their profile as their 2nd god?... Not me ... do I take the blame for what you have in your profile? Can you get anything right?

I didn't bring them up in the argument.  You did.   Cause you're apparently scared of guns.

Stranger

So, do you own a gun?

Stranger

... this is what kids do when they are cornered! Lose any ability to reason!

Maybe my motive for owning firearms is because of people like you.

Stranger

Maybe my motive for owning firearms is because of people like you.

Stranger

that is EXACTLY why you should not own firearms!

• Like 1

... so you do not have enough faith that your god can protect you??

I have faith that God can protect me.  But I do all I can.  In the end it is always God.  But that doesn't mean I just stand there.

Stranger