Burnedout

New Game: You Might be an Ex-Christian if.....

You might be an ex-Christian if you want to facepalm when someone says "science cannot explain god!" as if that's somehow supportive of belief in one.

• Like 4

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

....If you like to yank the chain of evangelists by pretending to get saved, to lead the evangelist/preacher on and then do something to piss them off as they rail at you....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

Oh oh, got another one! You might be an ex-christian if you "praise god" more often out of sarcasm then you ever did as an actual christian! xD

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Burnedout said:

....If you like to yank the chain of evangelists by pretending to get saved, to lead the evangelist/preacher on and then do something to piss them off as they rail at you....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

You did that? That's like exposing a clairvoyant, serves them right!

you might be an ex-Christian if.............you have a standing 8 AM tee time on Sunday mornings at your country club. And you can afford to be a member of a country club now that you don't have to give 10% of your income to the church. And you can have a beer with your buddies after a round of golf now without worrying about somebody telling the preacher they saw you drinking a beer. 

:beer:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Burnedout said:

Sounds like a challenge...

• Like 1

if you catch yourself praying... due to a bad habit you thought you'd kicked years ago... and immediately re-address your prayer to:

-yourself

-science

-medicine

-other entity you judge to be REAL

you might be an ex-c

• Like 4

....If you like to tell profane jokes....and not feel guilty.....YOU MIGHT BE AN EXCHRISTIAN!

• Like 1

....If you like to use the words 'Fuck', 'Damn', or 'God Damn' with impunity just to piss off fundies for entertainment.....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

You might be an Ex-Christian if . . . you vote for Sunday hunting in your state even if you don't hunt, because hey - it competes with church!

• Like 4

You might be an ex-christian if you pounce on someone having doubts with the fangs of truth and reason like a lion on its prey....

(and also if you laughed at the lion pun....)

• Like 3

If you intentionally say "good god" as an ironic exclamation you might be ex christian.

Good god my dear man!

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 9:34 AM, ThereAndBackAgain said:

You might be an Ex-Christian if . . . you vote for Sunday hunting in your state even if you don't hunt, because hey - it competes with church!

Wait... you aren't allowed to hunt on a Sunday?????

The more I hear about the US the more I think it's not the land of the free.... more like the land of over religiously law. 

• Like 2

When you deliberately reply with "OMg" when engaged in discussion/chat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You might be an ex-christian if, instead of quoting John 3:16 and other hole-y scriptures, you quote logical fallacies...... #strawman #appealtoauthority #notruescotsman

xD

• Like 6

When dinning out with christian family members and they all bow their heads to pray before the meal, and you feel embarrassed (or angry etc)...you might be an ex-christian.

• Like 3

^^To expand a little bit on the praying in a restaurant...

As your fundy family is praying in a restaurant, you look around rolling your eyes to let everyone else know you are not like the rest of your nutty family, you might be an ex-christian.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you feel something trying to manipulate emotions and think, "Wait a minute, this feels like an alter call." You might be an ex-christian.

Some charities asking for money comes to mind.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, buffettphan said:

^^To expand a little bit on the praying in a restaurant...

As your fundy family is praying in a restaurant, you look around rolling your eyes to let everyone else know you are not like the rest of your nutty family, you might be an ex-christian.

Oh my word, this is so true. Or silently apologize to the staff or smile goodnaturedly lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Oh my word, this is so true. Or silently apologize to the staff or smile goodnaturedly lol

We just ate at a Cracker Barrel and my brother prayed over the meal.  I had the opposite problem.  In a place like that, people would stare at me if I DIDN'T bow my head!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Daffodil said:

We just ate at a Cracker Barrel and my brother prayed over the meal.  I had the opposite problem.  In a place like that, people would stare at me if I DIDN'T bow my head!

I live in the south, I'm sure they're judging me at some places lol

If your friends and family think that contraception is a dirty evil thing, but they use it too, but you quietly laugh at the hypocricy....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2