LogicalFallacy

Ex-Christian Chat Room on Discord

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have created a chat channel for us using Discord. It is a free app and very functional. Being the creator (God) I am owner of the channel and sole admin at the moment, and my first time admin'ing a chat room so your patience is appreciated. If you have any queries, stuff needs fixing please give me a PM. As we pick up on use and figure things out we will get some mods appointed from different time zones around the world. This will give us around the clock moderation which hopefully we won’t need to use.

Below is some brief instructions for those not familiar with Discord. Below that are some guidelines for use and basic rules to make chat pleasant for all involved.

Note: Please use your Ex-C name if possible so we can verify users. If you don’t use your Ex-C name please post below what your Discord name is. Eg

Ex-C: John Jones,

Discord: Red Rover

Instructions to Join

1) Click on the link below. If you are already have a discord account you will be taken to our channel. If not you’ll be taken to the following screens:

https://discord.gg/H9Uf6Hc 

2) Click Continue to discord

11.jpg.5dd9da9700ad265d907e23b9e98892ad.jpg

3) Sign in using your account or click Register at the bottom to create a new one.

22.jpg.0798f6bb3dad8f1a236e54d2818fa52f.jpg

4) Discord will take you to your account. You may have to verify your account by clicking a link in your registered email. Once signed in using the link provided our channel, called Ex-Christian should load in the menu to the left. I used our familiar Ex icon (Hope that’s ok with Webdave)

33.jpg.1234a1fc5b406d800ea86861e4533eb1.jpg

5) If the channel doesn’t load you can find it manually by clicking find or start a conversation at the top left.

44.jpg.60cbaf04f435fb19b7f7391ac9ec4507.jpg

6) Start typing and it should bring up the following:

55.jpg.27782b34d2df4d9a2e13c13a6186b0fc.jpg

7) Remove the @ and type in Ex-Christian > Click on our name and it will take you to our Lounge chat room. Congrats on joining Ex-Christian chat!

66.jpg.6f35ca448ef495bccc94ef636ba8f8d7.jpg

Guidelines:

Currently we have 2 rooms:

The Lounge which is for our general chit chat.

Serious discussion which is for those wanting to undertake a conversation without the general chit chat around disturbing it.

Rules (Subject to change and updating as the channel evolves)

1)      Be polite and respectful at all times. Pretty much all conversation is permitted, however if a member asks you to stop talking about a subject you will cease and desist immediately.

2)      Ex-C Christian True Believer (TM) members are welcome however no proselytizing. If you wish to carry out a serious discussion as we would in the lion’s den and members are willing that is fine, but preaching about Jesus coming to die for our sins will cop you an instant ban…. Well a ban as soon as I can act on a complaint.

3)      EVERYTHING is recorded. Anyone can see whatever you type. Be wise.

4)      Pretending to be someone you are not will cop an instant ban

Thank you and let’s make Ex-Christian a great place to chill out with fellow Ex-C’s!

LF

3 people like this

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Pinned for easy access for the members of Ex-c! Have fun everyone!

2 people like this

Thanks Margee :D

1 person likes this

hey guys, my discord name is a little different so!

ex-c: knightcore

discord: popcorn pete

My username here on this site was already taken, but I joined discord.

ex-C: crazyguy123

discord: crazyguy1234

Not much of a change, but it works lol.

I cant believe I actually got my name there

I cant believe I actually got my name there

That is actually remarkable.

Hi all

An update: Webmdave has kindly put a link to Chat under the Social tab on the forum menu so its easy to find.

Thanks Webmdave, much appreciated!

We have having some good chats folks so come join us - True Freedom doesn't bite... much :D