Goodbye Jesus

A wry smile

Ellinas

The church where Mrs E drags me each week has a problem, recently uncovered.

Woodworm.  Lots and lots of woodworm.  So much woodworm that it's a matter of when, rather than if, the floor collapses.

It's also in the panelling on the walls, the pulpit, probably the windows and apparently the ceiling (though not so bad in the latter - that can be treated, the rest needs replacing).

So, we're restricted to the concrete floored small room attached to the hall and the request has been that there should be prayer for wisdom as to what to do (the answer is bloody obvious - rip out the wood and replace it at considerable expense).

No-one has asked, however, why god allowed his little church building to fall into such disrepair, rather than striking the insects hip and thigh and driving them out before his awesome majesty.

Or maybe it's all bollocks...

:lol:

• Like 3

Expect to be hit up for donations any day now.  God maybe all powerful but He still needs your cash.

• Like 6

Maybe they'll claim that the reason why the infestation occurred was people weren't providing enough financially to the church. Give til it hurts, folks!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

No-one has asked, however, why god allowed his little church building to fall into such disrepair, rather than striking the insects hip and thigh and driving them out before his awesome majesty.

:lol:

A wry smile?  How did you not bust out laughing!   :lmao:

Poor xtians  ---  worms, just like iron chariots of the past, are more powerful than their god.  

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

If only the pastor had faith. It moves mountains, so I hear, and a new floor should be a piece of cake.

• Like 2

Maybe they should see it as a sign god wants the church to disband? Or is it a test of faith to see if the congregation can withstand the great woodworm disaster?

There is a little stone monument on top of a hill in the woods near here where a church used to stand in the early 1900s. The church wasn't there very long before it was struck by lightning and burned down. It was rebuilt and stuck by lightning again and burned down. So they put a monument up explaining all this instead of rebuilding a third time. Hallelujah!

• Like 4

A wry smile?  How did you not bust out laughing!   :lmao:

Poor xtians  ---  worms, just like iron chariots of the past, are more powerful than their god.  

Well...

I did suggest that we should all stand in the middle of the floor and jump as that would at least save money on demolition.

Also, when told that the way the building is constructed means that a concrete floor would risk pushing the walls out of position and destroy the hall completely, I exclaimed rather loudly that concrete is to be highly recommended.

And my expression probably did not indicate the concern that would be considered appropriate...

If only the pastor had faith. It moves mountains, so I hear, and a new floor should be a piece of cake.

A piece of cake is precisely what the floor is turning into.  At least, that's what the worms think, and the texture of the damaged would suggests they are not far wrong.

• Like 3

I suggest it's time to pray to worm jesus.  He's obviously more powerful.

mwc

• Like 3

I suggest it's time to pray to worm jesus.  He's obviously more powerful.

mwc

Is that the one that the Christians tell us is referenced in Psalm 22.6?

"But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people."

Maybe despised because of his lack of carpentry skills...

• Like 1