Goodbye Jesus

Flat Earth Stupidity

Wertbag

I was browsing the comments section of YouTube, always amazed at how anyone can believe in a flat earth when I came across the greatest piece of denial I've ever seen.  The size of the conspiracy theory is staggering.

Warning the following rant may cause brain cells to commit suicide:

What about the "planets" leads you to be deceived that they are spinning spheres?  Oh, I get it, you are a follower of the frauds at NASA and their complicit counterparts at the "outer space" observatories, and of course puppet propagandists such as Neil DeCrass Lieson...You believe there are space probes in fake outer space magically traveling to these luminaries and taking actual photos, am I right?  The truth is that 100% of what has been provided by these fraudsters are CGI, CG cartoon animations, and film set trickeries.  There are no orbits, light years is a lie, the van allen radiation belts is a lie, space probes are a lie, space telescopes are a lie, the ISS is a lie, astronots are treasonous frauds, galaxies do not exist, nebulae do not exist, gravity is a lie, space shuttles were lies, rockets in space are a lie, black holes do not exist, Einstein is a fraud, the big bang is a lie, dinosaurs are a lie, cavemen is a lie, evolution is a lie, atomic theory is a lie, the list goes on and on and on...Is the earth a CGI sphere or is it an oblate spheroid, or spinning pear?  LOL!  Whatever these frauds tell you your sheeple self you will gobble up as fact...Wake up and smell the deceptions you oblivious, mindless cockroach...

The stupid, it hurts.

• Like 2

:lmao:

"the ISS is a lie"

Then my eyes are a lie because I watch the ISS pass over head regularly....

Wertbag I am suing you for damage to my brain cells :P

I have debated these irrational crazies before. The level of stupid physically hurts. A lot of these nutters think all space stuff is fake.... but believes in God.

• Like 1

Wertbag I am suing you for damage to my brain cells :P

Hey, fair warning was given! :P

What hurts my brain the most is the size of the conspiracy theory. Not only do you have to believe the moon landing was fake but that they went back 6 times and faked them all.  

They also resort to abuse almost instantly with personal attacks on anyone who disagrees. Childish name calling that is sometimes quite funny. I'd never heard the term Jagaloon before, kind of rates right up there with scallywag and ninkumpoop.

A lot of these nutters think all space stuff is fake.... but believes in God.

They think all the sphere earth liars are trying to hide evidence of god. It's all a massive unholy cover-up thought up by Satan. Scientists are fools that chose to study the Creation instead of the Creator. They are being deceived by Satan into making fake evidence that disproves the bible to spread Satan's lies.

"The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

I've seen pictures of the earth.  It's flat.

I've seen pictures of people.  They're flat.  I believe that people are all flat unless they're in my presence.  There's something about me that gives people depth.  The same for objects and really just everything actually.  Flat when I'm not around but depth when I am.  Must be something about my personality.  I add depth to the world around me.   Hey-oh!

mwc

• Like 3

I've seen pictures of the earth.  It's flat.

I've seen pictures of people.  They're flat.  I believe that people are all flat unless they're in my presence.  There's something about me that gives people depth.  The same for objects and really just everything actually.  Flat when I'm not around but depth when I am.  Must be something about my personality.  I add depth to the world around me.   Hey-oh!

mwc

Hey now, check yourself. You're taking glory away from our holy lord, he giveth people depth and he taketh away.

Hey now, check yourself. You're taking glory away from our holy lord, he giveth people depth and he taketh away.

The lord?  Oh, you mean those guys who are just flat paintings and flat sculptures?  Their words don't even have depth until I read them.

mwc

The lord?  Oh, you mean those guys who are just flat paintings and flat sculptures?  Their words don't even have depth until I read them.

mwc

Careful, you're gonna piss him off. He might smite you, if decides to get off his holy ass.

It is hard to believe nowadays that anyone of average intelligence could believe the Earth is flat in light of the countless evidence to the contrary.

My son is well educated and was also raised by me as an atheist, Somehow he gets pleasure out of debating these people. Of course most of these people are sincere in their beliefs concerning a flat Earth and religion. My son is very clear in his arguments and when he gets done with his clear discussions, some of these people drop out of the flat-Earth movement, which also includes countless related conspiracies. My son's attitude is that of compassion for very ignorant people. As for me I am polite but simply amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of flat-Earthers as well as young-Earth creationists concerning science.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

It is hard to believe nowadays that anyone of average intelligence could believe the Earth is flat in light of the countless evidence to the contrary.

My son who is well educated and was also raised by me as an atheist, Somehow he gets pleasure out of debating these people. Of course most of these people are sincere in their beliefs concerning a flat Earth and religion. My son is very clear in his arguments and when he gets done with his clear discussions, some of these people drop out of the flat-Earth movement, which also includes countless related conspiracies. My son's attitude is that of compassion for very ignorant people. As for me I am polite but simply amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of flat-Earthers as well as young-Earth creationists concerning science.

Good for your son!  And good for you for raising such an incredible person!    I'm afraid I lack the compassion gene when it comes to dealing with people on this subject.  It takes everything in me just to keep from rolling my eyes, shaking my head, and muttering "You effin moron" under my breath.   LOL...I'm not actually THAT bad, but the older I get, the less I feel like holding back.  

• Like 3

when you get to the edge and look out/over/down, what do you see?

does it bother them that there are no photos of this huge gulf to gaze into?

My son is well educated and was also raised by me as an atheist, Somehow he gets pleasure out of debating these people. Of course most of these people are sincere in their beliefs concerning a flat Earth and religion. My son is very clear in his arguments and when he gets done with his clear discussions, some of these people drop out of the flat-Earth movement, which also includes countless related conspiracies. My son's attitude is that of compassion for very ignorant people. As for me I am polite but simply amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of flat-Earthers as well as young-Earth creationists concerning science.

If you take the time to understand what they think and debate them rationally you can usually get them to change their minds. Unfortunately people don't bother to do this. I've noticed most people just call them stupid and then try to debunk with something that shows they haven't even looked at the flat earthers' claims. "If the world was flat, you wouldn't be able to fly from North America to Asia. You'd have to go through Europe!" Flat earthers don't believe the world is shaped like the standard flat map sold in the USA. People calling them stupid or just debunking it badly is adding more fuel to the flath earth fire. It's good your son is taking the time to discuss it properly. He might enjoy making a video of the common claims debunked.

I actually find their creativity interesting. It gets really crazy when they start trying to explain why there is a conspiracy to hide the shape of the world.

-Satan wants us to believe that we are not the sole purpose of god's creation.

-We are a science experiment growing in the petri dish of a superior being. This realization could cause mass hysteria.

-We've been taught the sphere earth so long that if they told us the truth now, we would lose faith in science and the education system.

-NASA wants to steal more money. All other governments with space programs know the truth but are working together to steal the tax money.
-There are demons/gods on the flip side of the earth that our governments are afraid of.
-There are other hidden continents beyond the southern polar ice wall that the British are colonizing. Once the Brits have colonized it all they will come back to conquer the known world.

-Same as above but with Nazis. Also Hitler is still alive as a cyborg.

I find reading into FET fascinating because it really shows how people can use the method of "pushing all facts into unverifiability" to delude themselves into believing anything.

When people are willing to accept the non-disprovable as serious data, any madness can ensue.

Reasonable person "If the earth is flat how is it we can measure the height of buildings and boats as they increase over the horizon?"

FET "It's an illusion caused by fish eye lens effects!"

Reasonable person "And how exactly would a fish eye lens effect cause that specific illusion? Have you reproduced this in a lab?"

FET "That's your job! You have to disprove this illusion by doing an infinite number of experiments to show that all the infinite possible setups of lens refraction and atmospheric effects do not match up to my claim. Muh lenses! MUHHHHH LENZEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS HURRRRRrrrRRR!!!!!"

I've said it before on this site many times and I will say it again: The strongest of all bullshit detection methods is that the believers of *insert woo here* back their claims up with unverifiable claims. Every time you see this it's an almost 100% guarantee that they are completely and irredeemably full of shit. FET is a perfect example of this kind of thinking. Seriously FET should be included in a "introduction to reason" textbook and used as an example when teaching logic classes in universities. It's a great way to expose this particular flaw in human reasoning to the average person.

• Like 2

"Seriously FET should be included in a "introduction to reason" textbook and used as an example when teaching logic classes in universities. It's a great way to expose this particular flaw in human reasoning to the average person."

Yes, great point concerning flaws in human reasoning. Although much more controversial, I would also include in such a logic course young-Earth creationists as also being ostrich type reasoning, "head-in-a-hole type reasoning. Such people do not wish to "see" what obviously exists around them because, in most cases, it conflicts with their religious beliefs

I haven't managed to find an example of a flat earth map that they agree on.  I can't figure out where the edge in an east/west direction would be?  Must be in the ocean, but which ocean can't we cross?

I haven't managed to find an example of a flat earth map that they agree on.  I can't figure out where the edge in an east/west direction would be?  Must be in the ocean, but which ocean can't we cross?

There is no east/west edge. The edge is the southern ice wall. North is center. South is outward.

There is water above and below us. Gen 1:7 " So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so."

Also the Milky Way is evidence of the damage to the firmament from when god opened it to flood the world.

This is the model most use:

a27bcdb316db1161313cc583042b513f.jpg

Flat_earth.png

Same as UN logo:

600px-Logo_of_the_United_Nations_(B&W).s

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

There are so many conspiracy nuts these days it's hard to keep up. They even have conflicting conspiracy theories.

Is the moon hollow or do aliens maintain bases on the surface? Is the moon just a hologram under the dome? Is the Earth flat or is it a hollow sphere and populated inside by aliens? And don't even get me started on "Planet X" aka Nibiru!

I can't fight such willful ignorance but I'm still somewhat amused.

Good for your son!  And good for you for raising such an incredible person!    I'm afraid I lack the compassion gene when it comes to dealing with people on this subject.  It takes everything in me just to keep from rolling my eyes, shaking my head, and muttering "You effin moron" under my breath.   LOL...I'm not actually THAT bad, but the older I get, the less I feel like holding back.  

Yeah, this is me, as well. Lack the patience to deal with such folk. 

The Flat-Earther's Sun is the same size as the Moon - 27 miles in diameter.

Day/night cycle on a Flat Earth

• Like 1

The Flat-Earther's Sun is the same size as the Moon - 27 miles in diameter.

Surely that model fails to explain the summer and winter at the poles? 

I've tried to confirm which map they use and it is true many refer to the UN flag but I've also seen arguments between FEs where they can't agree.  The azmuthi projection (had to look it up, looks like one of a hundred different ways to show a globe in 2D) doesn't work as soon as you start measuring between any point other than the centre. The map was never designed to be a FE model so even FEs are catching on that it can't be right.

Surely that model fails to explain the summer and winter at the poles? 

I've tried to confirm which map they use and it is true many refer to the UN flag but I've also seen arguments between FEs where they can't agree.  The azmuthi projection (had to look it up, looks like one of a hundred different ways to show a globe in 2D) doesn't work as soon as you start measuring between any point other than the centre. The map was never designed to be a FE model so even FEs are catching on that it can't be right.

You're looking for a Flat Earth model that makes sense, Wertbag?

• Like 2

Flat_earth.png

I love the flat earth map distortion of landmass and distance. To explain why travel time and distance doesn't match up with their comically distorted width of Australia and the United States, FETs are forced to make absolutely batshit insane allegations. Such as, the government beams mind control rays into people on flights from Sydney to Perth in order to make them and everyone involved believe that the flight took less time than it actually took. Or that every single person on earth that works in any kind of navigation industry is actually a hyperdimensional demon who is "in" on "the conspiracy".

There's stupid and then there is comic stupid.

And then there is batshit crazy insane which is the category flat earthers are in.