Goodbye Jesus

Forum shutdown concerns

DarkBishop

Can we get some details on the status of this glitch? This forum is a huge help in a lot of people's lives here. How long do we have before a final decision is made? If this was a glitch is it not their fault? Shouldn't they eat the cost? A little warning would have been nice. I'm new so maybe this was discussed before? I dunno. Was just surprised when it shutdown yesterday. I really wish I could donate honestly but my wife would probably shit bricks, as she is a believer. 

Any info would be great ?

Thanks,

Dark Bishop

Everything is resolved now. Dave ran a fundraiser and basically had enough money to get everything back up and running quickly. 

In my opinion, with it being on their end - yes, they should have had to eat the cost. But corporate 'Murca being what it is...

• Like 2

Awesome! I asked because I saw the announcement when I logged on and saw the forum was back up. Thought it was still an issue.

Nah, I'd say he is just trying to get everything organized now and make sure everything is situated. He made a new announcement. 

OK I see the new announcement now. Thanks travi

I was really bummed when the forum went offline yesterday.  I would hate to lose contact with so many people here.  I thought maybe there should be a way that we could all share alternate contact details, like emails.  Not sure how that would work, and there might be security/privacy concerns, but it would be good to have.  

• Like 2

I was really bummed when the forum went offline yesterday.  I would hate to lose contact with so many people here.  I thought maybe there should be a way that we could all share alternate contact details, like emails.  Not sure how that would work, and there might be security/privacy concerns, but it would be good to have.  

Maybe PM those whose contact info you'd like?

Maybe PM those whose contact info you'd like?

Well that's certainly one option...

You can share contact info on your profile.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I like coming here.  Allows for conversation without being persecuted.   

End3, I think if we could only have one Christian member and it was put to a vote, you'd probably win.  And you'd make a really good ex-Christian too, so I look forward to welcoming you whenever you finally deconvert! ?

Seriously, this is one place you can really be yourself, whether you're a believer or an apostate...

• Super Moderator

Facebook always works.

What happened? I don't see any announcement. Can someone post a link? 

Facebook always works.

Thats why I was happy to find out about and join the Ex-C Secret FB group today, as a backup connection to my fellow apostates.  I'd like to see as many of our members as possible join that group.

• Super Moderator

Thats why I was happy to find out about and join the Ex-C Secret FB group today, as a backup connection to my fellow apostates.  I'd like to see as many of our members as possible join that group.

Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of Facebook phobics. Not sure why. But if you can overcome the fear of Facebook life can get easier for Exes!

Facebooking ExC people - bring your friends to the Dark Side on Facebook!!!

• Like 2

Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of Facebook phobics. Not sure why. But if you can overcome the fear of Facebook life can get easier for Exes!

I left because I was comparing myself to other people all the time instead of just living my life. It's such a time suck, I'm so happy without it! Just saying. It would totally be easier though.

• Like 1

As further backup and communication there is also our new chat channel which received a massive flurry of activity after the forum went down. A bunch of us were in contact and knew what was happening which made things much better. Even if you don't regularly chat, having it as a standby comm medium could be useful. Please consider.

See details here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My family thinks big corporate is mining all your data and using it to achieve a one world order... plus grabbing your detail to sell to advertising agencies. I think that undercurrent of thinking is quite prevalent.

I too am super happy so many answered the rally cry. I posted the pay pal link and issue everywhere I could think of. I hit up a couple podcasting networks too. I hope they become regular sponsors.

• Like 3

I honestly don't spend a lot of time on facebook or Ex-c friends. (more in the winter months for sure) It comes 'in bits and spells' depending on my time. With working and doing errands and all the other 'stuff' it takes to make a day go smooth, I need to be here at Ex-c in my spare time more than anywhere. But it was so wonderful to go to Ex-c Friends on facebook and find out this morning why I couldn't log on last night.  I'm so happy to see that Ex-c is up and running. Thank you to everyone! And luv's to ya all! :kiss:

• Like 3

I have a facebook account for business reasons and otherwise don't spend time on it,  but I'd make an exception for the group. Who do i get in contact with so they could send me an email invite to the group?

I left because I was comparing myself to other people all the time instead of just living my life. It's such a time suck, I'm so happy without it! Just saying. It would totally be easier though.

I've heard lots of people say that. My Facebook seems to be just an endless scroll of funny cat pics with the occasional Jesus meme.

• Like 1

I've heard lots of people say that. My Facebook seems to be just an endless scroll of funny cat pics with the occasional Jesus meme.

Ha! I have no shortage of friends with babies, traveling in Paris, or just having legitimately the best bathing suit bodies I have ever seen. I have fluff, no babies, and no traveling any time soon. So I figured I'd just leave and do me. :)

• Like 1

FB is what you make it to be. I'm interested in foreign policy, so my feed is endless articles and news about that, with an occasional funny cat mixed in.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

What's wrong with cats? The world needs more cats, and Facebook provides!

• Like 4