Sign in to follow this  
REBOOT

Here comes Donnie: I love it

REBOOT    129

Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally 'incapacitated' (but they'd need Mike Pence to agree)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html

A Democratic congressman has proposed convening a special committee of psychiatrists and other doctors whose job would be to determine if President Donald Trump is fit to serve in the Oval Office.

The U.S. Constitution's 25th Amendment does allow for a majority of the president's cabinet, or 'such other body as Congress may by law provide,' to decide if an Oval Office occupant is unable to carry out his duties – and then to put it to a full congressional vote.

41E2F08200000578-4655964-image-m-162_149

According to the 25th Amendment, whether it's the cabinet or a congressional commission that might decide Trump is unfit to serve, Vice President Mike Pence must agree or the process stops dead in its tracks

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

ContraBardus    1,989

Yeah. Good luck with that one.

The law was made in case something happened to the President, such as brain damage, if they were put into a coma or became a vegetable for some reason or another, if they started going senile, or in case their sanity became a clear and present danger.

We're talking along the lines of ordering a military strike on Canada because bagels are French and he hates cream cheese spread.

Trump might not be a good fit for the job, but he's not really a danger to the country on the level this was meant to guard against.

Pretty sure none of the Republicans are going to go along with this.

This is a bad idea for the Democrats as it makes them look desperate and as if they are grasping at straws. Which they are if they are pulling this at this point.

• Like 4

Garry    1,578

I don't think trump is a well man. Look at videos of him, say from the early 90's and compare him to now. I don't like the guy at all, but that said, I really do think there is something mentally wrong with him now.

Back then his  speech patterns were normal and focused. Now he seems a rambling mess. I've seen interviews with him and have literally no idea what he is talking about and judging by the reactions of others, nether do they.

I doubt he will be removed thou.

ContraBardus    1,989

I don't think trump is a well man. Look at videos of him, say from the early 90's and compare him to now. I don't like the guy at all, but that said, I really do think there is something mentally wrong with him now.

Back then his  speech patterns were normal and focused. Now he seems a rambling mess. I've seen interviews with him and have literally no idea what he is talking about and judging by the reactions of others, nether do they.

I doubt he will be removed thou.

There's a difference between being in over your head and being insane though.

I'm still not convinced Trump ever really wanted the job, but now he has it and has no idea what to do. As a result, he's generally trying to do nothing while seeming like he's doing a lot, and only seems to do anything once the GOP twists his arm a bit.

That, or he thought being President was a very different job than it is. I think he was expecting to be the CEO of America or something, and that he'd basically be doing very little and shoving off things to underlings, that's not what being President entails.

I think his ramblings and difficulty speaking is stress related. He's jumped into the deep end of a world he's not familiar with, has to deal with constant criticism [which he has never handled well], and is having to deal with a lot he wasn't expecting to have to deal with.

I'm not defending him, just pointing out that this strategy isn't likely to work, and only makes the Democrats look desperate. Especially right on the heels of the Russia thing having hit a major road block. [I'm still not convinced that it's over and that there's nothing to it, just that it's a lot less likely to impact him directly at this point.] Especially considering his cabinet would have to be on board, and I don't see that happening.

Still, at the end of the day that doesn't disqualify him via the 25th Amendment. Not being competent is not the same thing as being dangerous due to mental instability.

• Like 2

Garry    1,578

I never thought he wanted the job, and why would he. His campaign looked like a marketing ploy for money and air time.

As I say, don't like him at all, but he had a cushy life, compared with what must be a lot of stress now. And no matter how tough he might be, the presidency is a very tough gig even for a fit 50 year old battled hardened politician, or former military man. 

• Like 2

Burnedout    3,594

Before you get too wound up,  the state of Tennessee had a Lieutenant Governor who served in that office from 1973 until 2006, the longest tenure in a single office in the recorded history of the western democratic government history.  He actually was caught speaking to the statues and rambling on.   His job was also the Senate Majority leader.  His name was John Wilder.   His sanity was questioned with regularity,  but he held the office for 33 years, through many different governors.  Wilder may have been odd,  but certainly not crazy.   Like John Wilder,  Donald Trump is different than other presidents before him,  and like Wilder,  Trump is going NOWHERE  until he is term limited out.  So whiners can whine away,  the Democrats in Congress can carp and bitch away,  Trump is here to stay.  Reboot and other whinybots can piss and moan and jizz all over their keyboards, but the Donald is here to stay.   LOL!!! 

florduh    4,182

I'll stay with my original prediction. It will be Republicans who will finally have to shut him down. The guy is demeaning the office of president, the party and humanity itself with his outrageous and infantile distraction plays. Republicans can't get shit done with him muddying the waters with every goddamn psychotic tweet.

• Like 4

★ Vigile ★    7,059

I'll stay with my original prediction. It will be Republicans who will finally have to shut him down. The guy is demeaning the office of president, the party and humanity itself with his outrageous and infantile distraction plays. Republicans can't get shit done with him muddying the waters with every goddamn psychotic tweet.

He's playing along with the deep state now. He acted like he was going to buck the system, but instead of buck, he just buckled under the weakest of pressures. Now he's being praised by Condi Rice. I suspect they don't give a shit about being presidential. They just want pliable. 

Do Republicans ever really get much done? 

REBOOT    129

The-Donald-Trump-cover-of-Der-Spiegel-76

He's different alright but not quite the type that talks to statues.

REBOOT    129

He's playing along with the deep state now. He acted like he was going to buck the system, but instead of buck, he just buckled under the weakest of pressures. Now he's being praised by Condi Rice. I suspect they don't give a shit about being presidential. They just want pliable. 

After his latest tweets, now would be a great time to do an interview with Condi Rice lol.

If any praise above 'batshit crazy' comes up then she also has issues. Or she's pushing a book that paints GW as even crazier.

★ Vigile ★    7,059

I don't follow his tweets. But her comments in public about him were made yesterday I believe. 

The thing to pay attention to here is the PR strategy. Condi doesn't just go on tour for the hell of it. She's doing it at the behest of a PR effort and it's pretty clear that she represents the neocon branch of the deep state. 

florduh    4,182

"Do Republicans ever really get much done? "

There are a couple of major legislative actions they all ran on, so this time they need to do something if they want to be reelected by the constituents counting on them. I refer only to the voting game and political jockeying, not reality.

REBOOT    129

You must be kidding... full speed on deregulation and dismantling anything with an Obama tag on it. With a priority on items that profit billionaires. A sophisticated heist of unheard proportions under the banner 'America first'

• Like 1

★ Vigile ★    7,059

"Do Republicans ever really get much done? "

There are a couple of major legislative actions they all ran on, so this time they need to do something if they want to be reelected by the constituents counting on them. I refer only to the voting game and political jockeying, not reality.

Well, platforms are one thing, but the GOP seems to always get backlash when they are in office. They have a vocal group of supporters, but the country as a whole seems to push back when they are in office. We probably need to read some studies on this to see just how effective each party is, but it's the impression I get that the dems are more effective at passing legislation (good cop/bad cop game). The GOP does seem pretty effective at influencing the judicial branch though. Maybe it's easier to quietly push through an agenda this way. 

• Like 1

★ Vigile ★    7,059

You must be kidding... full speed on deregulation and dismantling anything with an Obama tag on it. With a priority on items that profit billionaires. A sophisticated heist of unheard proportions under the banner 'America first'

Nope. Not kidding. What have they passed since O left office? 

Remember all that terrible stuff Reagan is blamed for? Bank and media dereg, et al? Most of that was done under Bill Clinton as Reagan and then GHW couldn't get it through congress. It took slick Willy to get the country behind it. And Obama, well, that's a whole conversation right there. 

• Like 1

Garry    1,578

I still like IKE

• Like 2

REBOOT    129

Mike Pence is waiting in the rafters but once this insane saga plays out he'll have the perfect entry point with the support of Dems invoking the 25th amendment. His evangelical faction can't wait to kick in the White House doors and save the nation from this heathen. LMAO

Meet your new theocratic president. It's just a question of time before the orange guy gets eaten up live by the system (and his tweets).  ... LOL I'm joking but this seriously could happen :blink:

41E2F08200000578-4655964-image-m-162_149

Reprobate    83

He is going nowhere till the GOP turns on him.   I am sure there are a lot of interesting conversations going on behind the scenes.   Do they keep him around awhile to "use" him to get some stuff done that may not be real popular?  When will it be enough for them?    It may be tough to get rid of him when a good share of their base is still in love with the guy.  Are they going to have to do something before the midterms?     I am not fully up on the rules of impeachment, but if the Dems win congress could they impeach both Trump and Pence and we end up with president Pelosi?

ContraBardus    1,989

He is going nowhere till the GOP turns on him.   I am sure there are a lot of interesting conversations going on behind the scenes.   Do they keep him around awhile to "use" him to get some stuff done that may not be real popular?  When will it be enough for them?    It may be tough to get rid of him when a good share of their base is still in love with the guy.  Are they going to have to do something before the midterms?     I am not fully up on the rules of impeachment, but if the Dems win congress could they impeach both Trump and Pence and we end up with president Pelosi?

They can't impeach Trump and Pence together the way you're suggesting. It's not a package deal.

Unless they have evidence showing the two of them colluded for the same impeachable offenses, they would need individual cause for each of them, and I've yet to see any such thing regarding Pence.

Pence is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. He's done a fine job of keeping his head down and staying out of this.

Pence is one of the big reasons I say the people who are so hot on getting Trump impeached should be careful what they wish for. As bad as Trump is, Pence would be worse for the people who hate him, and worse yet, he's actually competent and is basically the president the GOP wished it had right now.

• Like 1

REBOOT    129

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/07/06/trump_impeachment_chances_mueller_team_edition.html

In the tradition of the Clintonometer and the Trump Apocalypse Watch, the Impeach-O-Meter is a wildly subjective and speculative daily estimate of the likelihood that Donald Trump leaves office before his term ends, whether by being impeached (and convicted) or by resigning under threat of same.

170518_Chart_ChanceImpeach-55.jpg.CROP.p

I can already feel the ants in my Pence LMAO

• Like 1

★ Vigile ★    7,059

He won't be impeached because no one in congress is willing to actually call him on his bullshit. There is a slam dunk case for impeachment in his involvement with Syria alone. He didn't get congressional approval, UN approval and he broke both international and US law when he bombed them, used phosphorus bombs on civilian populations (war crime) and put boots on the ground. 

Instead, they rattle on about something that is dubious, not to mention unproveable: RussiaGate, or his tweeting habits -- tweeting habits for christ sake. This means they clearly aren't serious and are only putting on a show. 

When are people going to learn their politicians are just playing them?

REBOOT    129

He won't be impeached because no one in congress is willing to actually call him on his bullshit. There is a slam dunk case for impeachment in his involvement with Syria alone. He didn't get congressional approval, UN approval and he broke both international and US law when he bombed them, used phosphorus bombs on civilian populations (war crime) and put boots on the ground. 

Instead, they rattle on about something that is dubious, not to mention unprovable: Russia Gate, or his tweeting habits -- tweeting habits for christ sake. This means they clearly aren't serious and are only putting on a show. 

It's all about passing the Mueller test ;) ..... it's really really that simple.... regardless of bullshit and tweets.

Anything else is the real bullshit... and a HUGE waste of time in conspiracy land.

★ Vigile ★    7,059

Unless they get him on perjury like they did Bill, there is nothing there. 

mwc    1,994

Go ahead and impeach him.  The sooner the better.  The Senate will never convict him.

mwc

ContraBardus    1,989

Unless they get him on perjury like they did Bill, there is nothing there. 

This.

They might have a case for obstruction. He could go down the same way Nixon did.

Though, as I've said before, that's not going to happen while the GOP still controls Congress unless it becomes so blatant that they can't ignore it.

Not holding my breath on that. Still, they've got a better case for that than they do for perjury.

Also, at MWC and Reboot, be careful what you wish for. Don't forget who will be filling in if that happens...

Planned_Parenthood_Pence_810_500_55_s_c1

If Trump is gone, we have a man in the Oval Office who has spent his entire career trying to legislate his faith. You do not want that to happen while the GOP still controls all of Congress.

I like Trump where he is because I'm aware of what the alternative is. We're a lot better off dealing with his bullshit for now and trying to replace him when his term ends than we are impeaching him now.

If you're absolutely set on impeachment, you'll be needing to do something about that Congressional majority first, otherwise you're just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Like 1