Goodbye Jesus

The World Needs Atheism...

Fweethawt

These people vote... As atheists, we mostly control our own minds. Not a single strong minded person would ever fall for this shit.

But religious people will do it all day, every day.

https://streamable.com/4occw

• Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 11:56 PM, Fweethawt said:

These people vote... As atheists, we mostly control our own minds. Not a single strong minded person would ever fall for this shit.

But religious people will do it all day, every day.

https://streamable.com/4occw

//////////////

I don't need to read anything to further inform me that religious hysteria is a mental illness along with it sometimes being just an act of people trying to make it appear that they're experiencing something "supernatural".

The power of group dynamics, eh?

I could see a few previously selected "accomplices" acting out but it looked like almost the entire audience was nutters.

That reverend must be thinking "these wack jobs are so entertaining and lucrative at the same time! I LOVE my job!"

• Like 2

1 Corinthians 14 : 26 - 33.

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.

28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 

30 And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 

31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 

32 The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 

33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.

• Like 2

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.

28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 

30 And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 

31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 

33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.

so, 2k years ago, or 500 years ago or whenever this part of the Bible was written, they understood the impact that groups could have on individuals. Did they know it was group dynamics or did they think it was something spiritual. My guess is that those at the heads of churches know EXACTLY what was going on.

• Like 2

so, 2k years ago, or 500 years ago or whenever this part of the Bible was written, they understood the impact that groups could have on individuals. Did they know it was group dynamics or did they think it was something spiritual. My guess is that those at the heads of churches know EXACTLY what was going on.

Richard Carrier has some interesting thoughts on the psychological processes going on in the early church that produced these 'gifts'.

Another source I have yet to read claims that early Christians were essentially high on 'shrooms.

However it's likely that the people in the clip above are not high on shrooms so there must be a neurological and psychological explanation.

At least part of it will be you are in this group, this is the 'accepted' behaviour, therefore when quack a duck touches or laughs at you, essentially you let lose with your gift... which generally seems to be laugh your head off and flop all over the place.

• Like 2

To be honest, this reminds me of group hypnosis. I've seen it more than once  in person and its fascinating what people are capable of doing while under a "spell."

I've been in a situation like that.  Couldn't stop laughing.  Felt so relaxed and believed that the holy spirit was doing it.

• Like 1

Now of course I know it is crowd euphoria and hypnotic suggestion, as was suggested earlier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, bornagainathiest said:

This scripture is a warning against this hysterical behavior. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.”

The New Testament gives warnings to be aware of false teachers and prophets. The video posted is a perfect example of  false teaching.

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, ironhorse said:

This scripture is a warning against this hysterical behavior. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.”

The New Testament gives warnings to be aware of false teachers and prophets. The video posted is a perfect example of  false teaching.

The holy spirit warned me that you are a false teacher, Ironhorse.  I, therefore, rebuke you in the name of jesus and bind you from ever coming on this website again.  For whatsoever I bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.  Howl-lay-Fucking-lujah!

• Like 3

On 28/07/2017 at 4:00 PM, ironhorse said:

I posted this passage of scripture from my position OUTSIDE of the Christian faith, Ironhorse.

But you condemn the people in the video from a position WITHIN the Christian faith.

Therefore, I CANNOT be one of the false teachers and prophets Paul warns about.

But, you COULD BE.

So, perhaps we should ignore you and what you say?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bornagainathiest said:

I posted this passage of scripture from my position OUTSIDE of the Christian faith, Ironhorse.

But you condemn the people in the video from a position WITHIN the Christian faith.

But, you COULD BE.

BAA, I realize you are "OUTSIDE" the Christian faith. When I saw the scripture passage you posted I thought it 

was  a very appropriate scripture warning about this hysteria and disorder being done in the name of the Christian faith. Thank you.

I can't control whether I am ignored or not. I would only ask if I state a belief that is OUT OF LINE with the scriptures, call me out on it. 

I don't claim to be able to fully know or understand every verse, but I do think my core beliefs and in line with the scriptures.  

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, ironhorse said:

I would only ask if I state a belief that is OUT OF LINE with the scriptures, call me out on it. 

Fair enough.  I am calling you out.  I rebuked you in the name of jesus and bound you from coming back to this website.  Scripture says that at the name of jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that jesus is lord.  Because you have blatantly disobeyed an order given in the name of jesus, by returning to this website, you are out of line with the scriptures and you are in rebellion against the name of jesus our lord.  The holy spirit was right when he warned me that you are a false teacher sent to deceive; and now you've proven it.  Good day, sir!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Fair enough.  I am calling you out.  I rebuked you in the name of jesus and bound you from coming back to this website.  Scripture says that at the name of jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that jesus is lord.  Because you have blatantly disobeyed an order given in the name of jesus, by returning to this website, you are out of line with the scriptures and you are in rebellion against the name of jesus our lord.  The holy spirit was right when he warned me that you are a false teacher sent to deceive; and now you've proven it.  Good day, sir!

12 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I posted a Nevada brothel's discussion board for over two years. It had an open topic section and the administrator allowed me to be a member.

I would still be there but site was suddenly closed for reasons not given. Jesus said to go into the world to tell the good news. 

In reference to the scripture passage you mention. That will happen the scriptures say on the Day of Judgement. 

for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

~ Romans 14:11-12  (KJV)

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, ironhorse said:

I posted a Nevada brothel's discussion board for over two years. It had an open topic section and the administrator allowed me to be a member.

I would still be there but site was suddenly closed for reasons not given. Jesus said to go into the world to tell the good news. ***

***Yes we  know that you are one of those annoying people.  The bible  also says to shake the dust from your feet and leave when you are not welcome somewhere.  But hey.....that's for somebody else at some other time.   :blink:

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
26 minutes ago, ironhorse said:

I would still be there but site was suddenly closed for reasons not given. Jesus said to go into the world to tell the good news. 

In reference to the scripture passage you mention. That will happen the scriptures say on the Day of Judgement. 

for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

~ Romans 14:11-12  (KJV)

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Matthew 18:18

Do you disagree with this scripture, Ironhorse?  I bound you in the name of jesus, which means you have been bound on earth and in heaven.  Your continued presence here means one of three things:  1.)  Prayer is ineffective because god doesn't answer it.  2.)  The name of jesus isn't actually very powerful.  Or 3.)  You are not a true servant of jesus otherwise you'd obey a commandment given in his name.  It could, of course, be a combination of all three; but it is certainly the result on one.  Which is it?  You tell me.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:34 PM, bornagainathiest said:

But, you COULD BE.

BAA, I realize you are "OUTSIDE" the Christian faith. When I saw the scripture passage you posted I thought it 

was  a very appropriate scripture warning about this hysteria and disorder being done in the name of the Christian faith. Thank you.

I can't control whether I am ignored or not. I would only ask if I state a belief that is OUT OF LINE with the scriptures, call me out on it. 

I don't claim to be able to fully know or understand every verse, but I do think my core beliefs and in line with the scriptures.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't thank me, Ironhorse.

The meaning of my post is quite plain.

It has nothing to do with you knowing and/or understanding every verse of the Bible.  Instead, it's simply this.  Those are clearly outside of the Christian faith cannot be the false teachers or prophets that the apostle Paul warned about.  Only those within the faith or pretending to be within the faith, can be.  Since you declare yourself to be within the Christian faith you are therefore under suspicion of being such a false teacher/prophet.   You could be feeding us falsehoods and lies.

But, there is a way we can tell the true Christian from the false.

A way that doesn't depend on their stated beliefs being IN OR OUT OF LINE with the scriptures.  

Do you know what this way is?

21 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Scripture says that at the name of jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that jesus is lord.  

So, will this be done by free will... or will everyone be forced to confess that Jesus is Lord?

Might be a dent in the free will argument.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So, will this be done by free will... or will everyone be forced to confess that Jesus is Lord?

Might be a dent in the free will argument.

It's a dent in free will whether it be through force or just through the foresight of god's "plan".  Free will is a lie; but predestination makes god a liar.  If christians are ever going to rise above the free will/predestination can of worms, they need to come up with a third option.  A completely independent option that doesn't boil down to being predestined to have free will or having the free will to choose god's predetermined plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's a dent in free will whether it be through force or just through the foresight of god's "plan".  Free will is a lie; but predestination makes god a liar.  If christians are ever going to rise above the free will/predestination can of worms, they need to come up with a third option.  A completely independent option that doesn't boil down to being predestined to have free will or having the free will to choose god's predetermined plan.

Good post.  I've never considered the conflict between free will and predestination as a false dichotomy.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Matthew 18:18

Do you disagree with this scripture, Ironhorse?  I bound you in the name of jesus, which means you have been bound on earth and in heaven.  Your continued presence here means one of three things:  1.)  Prayer is ineffective because god doesn't answer it.  2.)  The name of jesus isn't actually very powerful.  Or 3.)  You are not a true servant of jesus otherwise you'd obey a commandment given in his name.  It could, of course, be a combination of all three; but it is certainly the result on one.  Which is it?  You tell me.

Concerning the scriptures on Binding And Loosing:

Only the apostles were given this special authority. No other scripture indicates that it was passed on to anyone else in the New Testament.

It was part of the authority and power of the apostles to confirm the preaching of a new message to Jews and then to Gentiles as well. In that sense, it worked as one of the sign gifts of the apostolic age.

For example, through this authority, given by Jesus, Peter raised Tabitha from the dead (Acts 9:36-42). I have not seen any person claiming this authority today raise a person for the dead.

Passing RedneckProfessor a frosty bottle of Cheerwine. Sorry, I must ignore your “binding”, no offense intended.

dj-cheerwine-articleInline-v2.jpg