Goodbye Jesus

The World Needs Atheism...

Fweethawt

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, ironhorse said:

Concerning the scriptures on Binding And Loosing:

Only the apostles were given this special authority. No other scripture indicates that it was passed on to anyone else in the New Testament.

It was part of the authority and power of the apostles to confirm the preaching of a new message to Jews and then to Gentiles as well. In that sense, it worked as one of the sign gifts of the apostolic age.

For example, through this authority, given by Jesus, Peter raised Tabitha from the dead (Acts 9:36-42). I have not seen any person claiming this authority today raise a person for the dead.

Passing RedneckProfessor a frosty bottle of Cheerwine. Sorry, I must ignore your “binding”, no offense intended.

dj-cheerwine-articleInline-v2.jpg

This confirms that you are a false teacher, Ironhorse.  jesus said:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  John 14:12

He never indicated that such power to perform such tremendous acts was limited only to the apostles during the apostolic era.  He said, and I quote, "He that believeth on me", meaning anybody.  You're trying to read all this apostolic nonsense in simply because you can't raise people from the dead; but that only demonstrates lack of faith on your part.  You have to read the entire bible, not just cherry pick the verses you want.

Thanks for the Cheerwine; I'm still waiting on the pack of Lucky Strikes you promised to send.

23 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This confirms that you are a false teacher, Ironhorse.  jesus said:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  John 14:12

He never indicated that such power to perform such tremendous acts was limited only to the apostles during the apostolic era.  He said, and I quote, "He that believeth on me", meaning anybody.  You're trying to read all this apostolic nonsense in simply because you can't raise people from the dead; but that only demonstrates lack of faith on your part.  You have to read the entire bible, not just cherry pick the verses you want.

Thanks for the Cheerwine; I'm still waiting on the pack of Lucky Strikes you promised to send.

Thanks for your reply. In reference to John 14:12, instead of going more off topic on this thread, I might start another thread soon on this verse and other verses related the gifts received by the apostles.

I apologize for forgetting about the Lucky Strikes. Here they are; Remember to not inhale, smoke like a fine cigar and only in moderation.

Have a good day. 

img-thing.jpg

• Super Moderator

I look forward to your next thread, good sir.

10 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I look forward to your next thread, good sir.

However, Ironhorse still has business to attend to in this one.

Specifically, to answer the question I put to him yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't thank me, Ironhorse.

The meaning of my post is quite plain.

It has nothing to do with you knowing and/or understanding every verse of the Bible.  Instead, it's simply this.  Those are clearly outside of the Christian faith cannot be the false teachers or prophets that the apostle Paul warned about.  Only those within the faith or pretending to be within the faith, can be.  Since you declare yourself to be within the Christian faith you are therefore under suspicion of being such a false teacher/prophet.   You could be feeding us falsehoods and lies.

But, there is a way we can tell the true Christian from the false.

A way that doesn't depend on their stated beliefs being IN OR OUT OF LINE with the scriptures.  

Do you know what this way is?

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, bornagainathiest said:

However, Ironhorse still has business to attend to in this one.

Specifically, to answer the question I put to him yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has nothing to do with you knowing and/or understanding every verse of the Bible.  Instead, it's simply this.  Those are clearly outside of the Christian faith cannot be the false teachers or prophets that the apostle Paul warned about.  Only those within the faith or pretending to be within the faith, can be.  Since you declare yourself to be within the Christian faith you are therefore under suspicion of being such a false teacher/prophet.   You could be feeding us falsehoods and lies.

But, there is a way we can tell the true Christian from the false.

A way that doesn't depend on their stated beliefs being IN OR OUT OF LINE with the scriptures.  

In which case, should @ironhorse start a new thread, I will refrain from engaging in it until such time as you are satisfied that the discourse you and he have here has been sufficiently completed.

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

In which case, should @ironhorse start a new thread, I will refrain from engaging in it until such time as you are satisfied that the discourse you and he have here has been sufficiently completed.

Please don't hold your breath while waiting .  We love you too much around here and don't want anything to happen to you while IH takes his good ol' sweet time in answering BAA (if ever!).

:wub:  :P   :) :49:  

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Many thanks for your cooperation, Prof.

:)

3 hours ago, buffettphan said:

Please don't hold your breath while waiting .  We love you too much around here and don't want anything to happen to you while IH takes his good ol' sweet time in answering BAA (if ever!).

:wub:  :P   :) :49:  

Hey!  No sweat, bp. :)

What you describe seems to be the status quo between IH and me.

Which is not a problem for you, me, the other Lions or the lurkers... but IS a problem for IH's credibility in Ex-C.  (Even if he'll never admit it!)  

On 30/07/2017 at 11:50 PM, bornagainathiest said:
  On 7/29/2017 at 8:34 PM, bornagainathiest said:

I posted this passage of scripture from my position OUTSIDE of the Christian faith, Ironhorse.

But you condemn the people in the video from a position WITHIN the Christian faith.

Therefore, I CANNOT be one of the false teachers and prophets Paul warns about.

But, you COULD BE.

So, perhaps we should ignore you and what you say?

BAA, I realize you are "OUTSIDE" the Christian faith. When I saw the scripture passage you posted I thought it 

was  a very appropriate scripture warning about this hysteria and disorder being done in the name of the Christian faith. Thank you.

I can't control whether I am ignored or not. I would only ask if I state a belief that is OUT OF LINE with the scriptures, call me out on it. 

I don't claim to be able to fully know or understand every verse, but I do think my core beliefs and in line with the scriptures.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has nothing to do with you knowing and/or understanding every verse of the Bible.  Instead, it's simply this.  Those are clearly outside of the Christian faith cannot be the false teachers or prophets that the apostle Paul warned about.  Only those within the faith or pretending to be within the faith, can be.  Since you declare yourself to be within the Christian faith you are therefore under suspicion of being such a false teacher/prophet.   You could be feeding us falsehoods and lies.

But, there is a way we can tell the true Christian from the false.

Ironhorse,

Before I repeat the above question a dozen or more times in this thread and then a dozen or more times to you via private messaging, please consider the following.

The dialog between us concerns truth and falsehood.  

The longer you resist answering the question, the more everyone will suspect that you are hiding something.  You may not be hiding anything, but until you do answer the question or, at least admit that you don't know the answer to it, then the suspicion that you are being false with us will only grow.   No suspicion falls on me in this scenario.  I'm simply asking you a question.  The ball is in court and the longer you leave it sitting there, the worse it is for your reputation and your credibility.

If you care nothing about yourself, then please consider this.

Like it or not, your behavior is being closely watched, not just by the members of Ex-C but by many lurkers.  A good many of those will be Christians who are covertly observing the goings-on here.  These Christians are lurking because they have become disenchanted with Christianity and Christ and are trying to make their minds up about giving Jesus yet another chance to show them that he is who the Bible says he is.  They are using what you do or don't do in this thread to help them make that decision.  While that decision is ultimately theirs, your behavior here is a pivotal influence on them.  Even if you'd like to distance yourself from any responsibility for influencing them, on the Last Day you will be held accountable for your actions here.  

If you also seek to further escape responsibility for your actions by saying that you will be forgiven all by your judge, Jesus Christ, then please consider this.

It is not just your actions in this life that will be under scrutiny when the books are opened.  Your attitude to the forgiveness given to you by Jesus will also be taken into account.  If you have treated his unearned gift with respect and gratitude, that will be noted and count in your favor.  But if you use it it as a catch-all excuse to evade responsibility for your deeds (i.e., Whatever I do in this life will be forgiven) then you are treating what Jesus has given with contempt and ingratitude.  That will weigh against you on the Last Day.  And if you are prepared to lose some of your treasure in heaven, so that you can evade responsibility for your actions on earth, that will be known and weighed against you as well.  

If you care nothing about yourself and the lurkers, then please consider this.

Such behavior from you directly reflects upon the reputation and credibility of Jesus Christ in this forum.  Whom you are on record as 'representing' in this forum.  As his representative, whatever you do or don't do here reflects upon directly him, for good or for ill.  Even if you believe that you cannot lose your salvation, whatever you do here and now on earth still affects what happens to you in heaven.  That is the reciprocity the Prof was referring to.  The honor that you do Jesus now by how you behave now directly affects how you will be honored in heaven.   In case there's still some doubt in your mind - I'll put this in blunt terms to you , so as to get the point across.

IF YOU DON'T STEP UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS IN THE HERE AND NOW, THEN YOU'RE FUCKING YOURSELF OVER FOR ALL ETERNITY!

Ironhorse, there is a way we can tell the true Christian from the false.

On 7/16/2017 at 11:56 PM, Fweethawt said:

These people vote... As atheists, we mostly control our own minds. Not a single strong minded person would ever fall for this shit.

But religious people will do it all day, every day.

https://streamable.com/4occw

Holy shit! That's some weird, wild stuff, fer sure. Quite entertaining, as well!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bornagainathiest said:

I do not know how you or other members make that judgement. 

13 hours ago, bornagainathiest said:

I do not know how you or other members make that judgement. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your honesty, Ironhorse.

The way to tell true Christians from false ones is by their spiritual fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20New King James Version (NKJV)

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 

16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 

17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 

20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Comparison of their stated beliefs with scripture isn't necessary.

Just look closely at how they behave and the quality of their spiritual fruit (good or bad) will be plainly seen.

True Christians display good spiritual fruit and false ones display bad spiritual fruit.

Thanks,

BAA.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:48 AM, ironhorse said:

Concerning the scriptures on Binding And Loosing:

Only the apostles were given this special authority. No other scripture indicates that it was passed on to anyone else in the New Testament.

It was part of the authority and power of the apostles to confirm the preaching of a new message to Jews and then to Gentiles as well. In that sense, it worked as one of the sign gifts of the apostolic age.

For example, through this authority, given by Jesus, Peter raised Tabitha from the dead (Acts 9:36-42). I have not seen any person claiming this authority today raise a person for the dead.

Passing RedneckProfessor a frosty bottle of Cheerwine. Sorry, I must ignore your “binding”, no offense intended.

dj-cheerwine-articleInline-v2.jpg

Pentecostals are always 'binding Satan'. Quite a preoccupation with being 'prayer warriors.'

That is why Christianity is flawed.  You all interpret the text to suit your own purposes.  This shows that there is no holy spirit involved.

• Like 4