Goodbye Jesus

Another reason to disbelieve

SerenelyBlue

I was reading ancient art history and I came across the Code of Hammurabi a stone tablet of laws by the king.  According to experts at the top of this law tablet is a picture of Hammurabi receiving these laws from one of the Mesopotamian gods.  This was before Moses.  1754 BC.  It shows that the legend and myth of a god giving moses the law tablets is not unique.  
Another reason not to believe the miracles of Exodus happened.

download (2).jpg

• Like 6

I believe I read that the 10 commandments, or something similar, were found in Egyptian writings long before anyone ever heard of a guy named Moses. I guess, if that is true, God is a copy Cat & is trying to pass off the commands of Egyptian deities as his own idea. ^_^

• Like 3

There isn't really anything outstanding about them either. Believers here tout them as the foundation of our laws, which is bullshit. Nearly every civilization had laws against murder, adultery, stealing, etc. You can't really have a civilization without laws. And there are only 4 of the 10 that are related to our laws:

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

The rest are all religious, outside of the recommendation to honor one's parents.

• Like 4

You don't need to read a book goto the British museum go to the ancient Egypt room or mesopotamia room they clearly show that Gods were about long before the Jews believed in Yahweh.

Just think Christianity looks so real because there are many churches and statues but in Egypt these pyramids and temples existed for their Gods.

Indeed they had complex understanding of their gods e.g temple needed to be built a certain way with certain people leading the worship.

Just think if a group of people can come up with God 1000s of years before the Jews then either *some god* is real or that it shows the amount of effort people goto to construct bullshit religion.

I found it mist interesting that these Gods had a flower wrist.  I keep thinking Gods were aliens!

• Like 1

Yep the Code of Hammurabi - read the code and compare with the Deuteronomic law and you'll see that they match up quite nicely. Seems some cultures where taking ideas from each other eh?

Here's another thing I found out today - written in the ancient Hindu sanskrit are pieces talking about the existence  of humanity and the gods who made the world... compare them to the writings of Job which is one of the oldest books in the bible and you find that humans around that time were thinking up similar ideas. Not particularly surprising. There are pyramids all over the world as well.

Do we need gods to explain this? No. It's just human evolution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1