Goodbye Jesus

Tired of people praising God for every. single. good. thing.

skysoar15

I love my mother to death but hearing her 'praise God' for any little good thing that happens is just so stupidly annoying.

I hate how 'God' gets off scot-free for every little thing. Please dont bother reminding me that God isnt actually real. Just assume I mean the idea of him.

Im currently living at home with my mom, so I keep my opinions to myself. But man...part of what fuels me in the gym is just my hatred for the idea of God. 

If he exists, then why the hell does all of this shit and confusion exist?

It's maddening.

If I were to earn a great opportunity, God would get the majoriity of credit. How the hell does that work? 

Blows my mind.

• Sad 1

I hear you, Sky.  What gets me is how God is never to blame and always gets credit.  If it's good, he did it.  If it's bad, it was either human free will or Satan did it, or God is allowing it for some reason.

Heads I win, tails I don't lose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The daftest relatively recent example was my wife's uncle, on what was effectively his death bed (or would become so within a month or so), in decrepit old age, thanking god for his blessings and the hospital food that had been placed in front of him (which I very much doubt he ate given his skeletal condition).

Apparently his illness could simply be forgotten.

He went into a prayer of thankgiving which quickly went from the (for him) superabundance of his meal to the "blessings of salvation".

Fortunately, visiting hours then drew to a close.

I never saw him again.

When Mom complains about something say, "Praise Jesus!"

Another homicide in the news? Praise Jesus!

Hemorhoids acting up? Praise Jesus! :)

It's the cult conditioning that doesn't allow them to behave differently. The chant of "God is good all the time, and all the time God is good" over and over. My brother and sister in law have a dinner devotional to keep cramming this into their kids heads. God is faithful and keeps his promises!!!!! Why would you have to keep reminding them if it were obvious? Because it isn't true and therefore isn't obvious. No one made the promises, no one is there to keep the promises, but if you are taught relentlessly to interpret everything this way and to say out loud the falsehood, it becomes a felt reality even when it is a complete fabrication. (Just saw the felt fabric thing... ha!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuego said:

It's the cult conditioning that doesn't allow them to behave differently. The chant of "God is good all the time, and all the time God is good" over and over. My brother and sister in law have a dinner devotional to keep cramming this into their kids heads. God is faithful and keeps his promises!!!!! Why would you have to keep reminding them if it were obvious? Because it isn't true and therefore isn't obvious. No one made the promises, no one is there to keep the promises, but if you are taught relentlessly to interpret everything this way and to say out loud the falsehood, it becomes a felt reality even when it is a complete fabrication. (Just saw the felt fabric thing... ha!)

I might mention that to church-goers. "Why do you have to keep telling yourself God is good?" It must not be self-evident.

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

I might mention that to church-goers. "Why do you have to keep telling yourself God is good?" It must not be self-evident.

They'd probably tell you something in the vein of "We, in our feeble human minds, cannot fathom the ways of god. We have the tendency to forget when we get caught up in the minute details of our lives." Anything to avoid considering that they may actually be morally averse to something their god did. And even merely disagree with him.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:48 PM, skysoar15 said:

I love my mother to death but hearing her 'praise God' for any little good thing that happens is just so stupidly annoying.

I hate how 'God' gets off scot-free for every little thing. Please dont bother reminding me that God isnt actually real. Just assume I mean the idea of him.

Im currently living at home with my mom, so I keep my opinions to myself. But man...part of what fuels me in the gym is just my hatred for the idea of God. 

If he exists, then why the hell does all of this shit and confusion exist?

It's maddening.

If I were to earn a great opportunity, God would get the majoriity of credit. How the hell does that work? 

Blows my mind.

I get this a lot from Mrs. MOHO and her shadow.

They will say "praise god" or "We are so blessed" etc. Then stare at me expecting me to agree. I give them no response whatsoever - not even a nonverbal one. I think, more than anything, they are wanting everyone else to agree and help prop up their delusion because they know, deep down inside, that they are hoping against hope that there is a god.

Of course there's the canned response "You are not walking with the lord because you are sinning!"

"I'm ABOUT to sin!" Said MOHO...on the inside! ;)

• Like 2