Goodbye Jesus

Question about Islam

Lydie

I'm not on any ex-Muslim forums so thought I would maybe ask here as there are many who are very well read about religion in general. I was watching the UK drama series 'the State' about Islamic state and Isis and all that.One thing that came up is obviously the 72 virgins thing. What I did not know was that they think the souls of martyrs become/live INSIDE green birds, which flap around Allahs throne and have nests in his chandeliers.

WTF

I tried to google it but it kept coming up with extremist websites and I don't want that on my search history.

Can someone explain? What are you meant to do with the virgins if you're a bird/inside a bird. Is it that you're a bird until Jesus comes back (they have that too) then you get the virgins.

I've been indoctrinated since babyhood with stories of walking on water, the psychotic breaks that are Daniel and Revalations so that stuff sounds not so strange but is probably on the same level. Seriously, being inside a green bird for eternity as some kind of reward is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick? Can someone explain?

That's especially frustrating, isn't it? Trying to analyse religion seriously using logic and common sense so often comes up short, because at the time they didn't think of getting it to make sense.

And instead of providing explanations for their teachings, our friends the Abrahamic religions back up their arguments with threats of violence: "Believe in love and forgiveness, or God will burn you."

Perhaps we could for the sake of discussion assume that the virgins will also be birds, and see where we find the next contradiction.

"Yes, lads... Just blow yerselves up, and you'll get 72 birds."

So it was all just a mistranslation;

'I just meant young woman, not virgin.'

' Yes, 72 birds, as in budgies not gals.'

B) God, doing it for the lulz.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 5:33 PM, Lydie said:

I'm not on any ex-Muslim forums so thought I would maybe ask here as there are many who are very well read about religion in general. I was watching the UK drama series 'the State' about Islamic state and Isis and all that.One thing that came up is obviously the 72 virgins thing. What I did not know was that they think the souls of martyrs become/live INSIDE green birds, which flap around Allahs throne and have nests in his chandeliers.

WTF

I tried to google it but it kept coming up with extremist websites and I don't want that on my search history.

Can someone explain? What are you meant to do with the virgins if you're a bird/inside a bird. Is it that you're a bird until Jesus comes back (they have that too) then you get the virgins.

I've been indoctrinated since babyhood with stories of walking on water, the psychotic breaks that are Daniel and Revalations so that stuff sounds not so strange but is probably on the same level. Seriously, being inside a green bird for eternity as some kind of reward is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick? Can someone explain?

I'd have to look but that's likely an ISIS prophecy they promote on their web site and manazine, The Dabique.  ISIS has some strange beliefs about the end.  Even believing Jesus will help them destroy the dajjal.  As far as the 72 virgins, that's in one of the hadiths, but the degredation of women are a constant in the koran.

https://clarionproject.org/islamic-state-isis-isil-propaganda-magazine-dabiq-50/