Goodbye Jesus

Third Inheritence?

Kris

What is this Third Inheritence of the Jews?   Is this just something that came about after 70ad? I dont think it is biblical as the article I linked doesn't have really any scripture to support it.  I had read that isiah 11:11 might be supportive because it talks about a "second " return. Thoughts on this?  

Could DNA even provide enough detail to divide Israel by tribes?  And wouldn't Jordan and the Palestinians have to give up major land?  

http://blog.godreports.com/2017/06/israel-entering-third-inheritance-must-divide-land-between-12-tribes-rabbi-says/

There are Christians who are in the prophecy BUSINESS. It's an income stream. Trying to debunk each new claim as it gains publicity is a form of whack-a-mole. They are ALWAYS going to claim some astounding fulfillment of this or that.

Kris, you've gotta work out more general principles for what you are going to consider plausible about religions in general. These claims will never stop coming. 

Both my parents suffered from psychological stresses/illnesses that manifested themselves in involvement with prophecies, alleged miracles, etc. I saw the harm done in both their lives and in our family. You have the advantages of having seen through to the falsity of what my parents never stopped believing. But you're terrified/obsessed over "but what if..."s. The "what ifs" will literally never stop if you try to unravel each one separately as it comes. They'll never stop because prophecy is a business, and someone will be selling it.

That'll probably be more and more true as our world becomes more and more stressed. Under stress, I think we hear more about prophecy. When the Peloponnesian War was starting, between Athens and Sparta and all their allies, under that stress, "There were all kinds of prophecies and all kinds of oracular utterances being made both in the cities that were about to go to war and in other places as well. Then, too, there was an earthquake in Delos just before this time - a thing that had never happened before in the memory of the Hellenes. This was said and thought to be a sign of impending events; and if anything else of the same kind happened to occur, its meaning was always carefully examined." Thucydides, book 2.8

I know there are differences between the ancient Greek oracle business and the modern prophecies of the end times business. But I think you get the idea. The prophecy sellers always have some excuse for why what was prophesied didn't pan out but why it's totally going to happen in future in the way they say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is just another non-event in a line of non-events by this impotent "Sanhedrin" in the hopes that something, just anything, happens so they can get some clout.  So now they declare a Jubilee because nothing has happened?  They want to be on the forefront of these non-events so when the stars align and they finally find themselves smack-dab in the middle of coincidence they can proclaim they knew it all along and, with any luck, the sheep will give them the power they desire and blindly follow them.

mwc

Kris, please listen to this and think. I believe it is best to step away from the details and look at religious/prophetic systems as a whole. What are they trying to accomplish among their audiences?

• Thanks 1

A modern prophecy interpreter. Wrong about Jesus' return 52 times. But still publishing interpretations of prophecy.

http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/09/07/charismatic-prophet-predicts-jesus-will-return-september-9/

I've been slowly reading the book mentioned in the video above ("When Prophecy Fails") about the alien cult (it's taking me many months...whenever I get a little time and remember to pick it up).  I'm to the point just past where they removed all the metal from themselves so the aliens would pick them up (this is one of the key points mentioned in the video).

It's an interesting book.  Not really what I expected when I picked it up (I'm not sure what I expected to be honest).

mwc

• 4 months later...
  • Super Moderator
On 9/13/2017 at 11:21 AM, mwc said:

I've been slowly reading the book mentioned in the video above ("When Prophecy Fails") about the alien cult (it's taking me many months...whenever I get a little time and remember to pick it up).  I'm to the point just past where they removed all the metal from themselves so the aliens would pick them up (this is one of the key points mentioned in the video).

It's an interesting book.  Not really what I expected when I picked it up (I'm not sure what I expected to be honest).

mwc

I read that book just a few weeks ago. Really insightful to what the human mind can conjure up.