Goodbye Jesus

Woah

Glycerine75

Hmmm.  I'm not really sure what to say.  I'm finally embracing this terrible feeling I've had for the longest time and trying to handle it head on.  I've been (was) a christian my entire life, (am 35 now) and the more questions I ask the more confused I get.  I finally just decided that I just can't.   I don't know what I think, but I know what I don't think.  

I recently lost my Dad and while my Brother has the comfort of Heaven, I have the opposite.  I don't know that I've ever been in such a scary, dark, lonely confusing place before. 

Well, damn that was depressing. 

Mostly just want to talk to other people who understand and see if I can find some sort of peace.  

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Welcome, I don't have much time to respond - but you have come to the right place. Your feelings are similiar to how the vast majority of us were; you're in very good company. 

Stay a while and listen, read, and have your mind open. Welcome once again. 

Welcome Glycerine

I echo what Travi said.

Perhaps asking your questions here might help - see what others say?

What stage are you at? Just beginning to question Christianity, just left Christianity, still in but struggling with something?

The more you can tell us, the better we are able to help you.

And remember what you are going through many have been through before - it does get better with time and finding answers.

All the best

LF

Welcome. Lots of folks here have been where you are now. Education is definitely the key to finding the answers that you are seeking. Lots of good info & resource material can be found here. Check out the various forums & ask questions. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  

You have likely been indoctrinated in the Sunday School version of Christianity. This is a great place to find out what  religious historians have uncovered about the bible & the Christian Faith. You will discover that history paints a very different picture.