Goodbye Jesus

Muslim convert to Christianity dies

Castiel233

I do not want to mock this man's death, he was a father and husband and little doubt he was well loved.......

He converted from Islam to Christianity and became a minister and author and debater.

He got cancer in his early 30's and it killed him......

My point is this....his facebook page was filled with prayers for his healing..those prayers went unanswered as they so often do......why do people still pray and totally expect the prayers to come true.

The standard answers are usually of course:

Gods way are not ours

He was called home 

Again, I don't mean to be unkind but you might as well claim that Allah gave him cancer as punishment for leaving Islam.

The face book post is here:

https://www.facebook.com/NabeelQureshi.org/

For those that do not want to wade through all the comments, here is sample:

"We are shocked to hear this but we are believing for a miracle. Jesus will heal you and Satan will be defeated."

"Brother Nabeel, this is unexpected news, but not surprising knowing all the wonderful blessings God has worked through you. It is just another step He will stand beside you in."

"Commanding the power of cancer broken.
every cancer cell cease existing in the name of Jesus.
we declare a testimony through the Victory of the cross! It is God will for you to be healed."

"I will seek Christ and pray for your healing. You have encouraged me so much with your life, ministry and friendship. Even though Christ has allowed suffering and cancer at this present time, we will persistently knock and ask our Father to supernaturally bring restoration to your body."

Over and over again, "We are praying for you, we are fasting for you, you will be healed...."

And he still died

Thoughts?

• Sad 1

I listened to one of his audiobooks at the behest of my father about a year ago. He certainly seemed sincere, if misguided. It's a shame he died so young.

• Sad 1

I have a feeling Muslims are going to start sharing this story in their own holy woo social media threads.

• Sad 1

I have prayed God would bring back a happy marriage.  That one didn't get answered and won't until I divorce her and find someone else.  

I have prayed I would die before.  That one didn't get answered either. (yet) 

Hey @God if you choose not to deliver when we need it, what good are you?  

Maybe if I piss him off he will smite me...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, padgemi said:

I have prayed God would bring back a happy marriage.  That one didn't get answered and won't until I divorce her and find someone else.  

I have prayed I would die before.  That one didn't get answered either. (yet) 

Hey @God if you choose not to deliver when we need it, what good are you?  

Maybe if I piss him off he will smite me...

Because I exemplify narcissism and made you to glorify myself. I do not care if your prayers get answered and it's not my fault if a bunch of you got together and wrote down shit you claim I said. Do you care about the prayers of ants?

....yeah didn't think so. :lmao:

• Like 3

As I say, I'm not mocking the guy, he seemed very sincere in his faith.........

however......

in one of his last vlogs on you tube he talked about his faith that God would heal him, that he loved a living God who performed  miracles and that God would not let him die and leave his daughter without her father. He got a bit choked up, understandably. Over and over he talked and prayed about his faith that God would heal him. At one point he said that some might say that a God would heal him in the next life, but he added he thought that was a cop out and he expected to be healed in this one.

It was all a bit sad. Again I'm not laughing at him at all, he really caught my sympathy but all those prayers came to naught. 

He he did not want to die, calling it " if it came to the worse", but still he did and God did not heed his prayers.  

Naturally, after he passed away, the comments where filled with stuff about him going home, meeting Jesus and that they would meet again.....

• Sad 1

To add......

In one video he said that if he died all his work would become anti work as Muslims would use his conversion as proof of his punishment for heresy, effectively use his death as proof of Islam. 

• Sad 1

Other things that struck me......

He obviously did not want to die and I can't blame him, but isn't death supposed to be a great thing for a Christian, they are going to paradise. He also clearly loved his family very much, yet doesn't the NT warn that you are meant to hate and leave your family  and only love Jesus, cant recall the exact passage.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, Lucy said:

I have a feeling Muslims are going to start sharing this story in their own holy woo social media threads.

Yeah, i'm sure that you're right about this!

• Like 1

A Christian explains why god did not heal a stricken Christian.......http://www.christianpost.com/news/why-didnt-god-heal-nabeel-qureshi-199618/

naturally there is a link to donate money.........

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garry said:

A Christian explains why god did not heal a stricken Christian.......http://www.christianpost.com/news/why-didnt-god-heal-nabeel-qureshi-199618/

I'm so tired of people explaining shit on my behalf, like I would offer a comment if I had one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Garry said:

Assertions that evil proves the existence of god and that there is considerably more evidence for the christian god than for Allah?  All morphed into a longwinded failure to explain anything, summed up in the line "So we don't know why God didn't heal Nabeel, but we know why we don't know why"?

An explanation that amounts to bollocks pickled in bullshit.

• Like 1

The book that I read was basically a comparison of Islam and Christianity. He gave a lot of decent reasons why he left Islam, but didn't really give any solid reasons for embracing Christianity. It was almost like he didn't even consider that both might be false.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no causal link between god and anything. Full stop. If there was a good number of us would not be atheists.... we might still be ex Christian, but if you could demonstrate an actual causal link between god and anything we'd accept that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He prayed to be cured of cancer

He wasn't cured

He prayed for God to stop the flooding in Houston and save the housing and the people.

God didn't

He prayed (on his death bed) that believers would pray for his family.....

The first two prayers were totally ignored, totally. Why would the third be any different

Einstein once remarked that insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result 

• Sad 1