Goodbye Jesus

Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve?

Greatest I am

Scripture are clear. Sin and death entered this world through Adam, and he was thus to blame for original sin.

Yet God rewarded Adam with dominion over Eve even though Eve was not responsible for sin and death entering the world. Gen3:16 and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This shows God continuing the policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty that is shown in scriptures. 1Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

God seems to be rewarding Adam for sin while punishing Eve for the events in Eden even though she was innocent of sin as she did not have any evil intent and was deceived by Satan, a force that she could not possibly resist thanks to God giving Satan the power to deceive the whole world after God put Satan in Eden with Eve.

If making man ruler over women that was an error, it would help explain the 5,000 years of war we have had to endure with undeserving men as rulers.

Gnostic Christianity, a Universalist belief system, believes in full equality for all souls. Christianity obviously does not believe in equality if it preaches that men are to perpetually enjoy ruling over women. Not to mention the inequality of gays.

Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve and thus punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards

DL

You realise you are talking to what is mostly a bunch of atheists? Certainly none of us believe in the Judeo-Christian God? Ex-Christian?

So to us the question is pointless. We don't believe god exists. Period.

Possibly some of the other local Christians might answer.

In saying that, some here might like to follow this up from a theological point of view.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

By definition, God does not err.

1 hour ago, Greatest I am said:

Christianity obviously does not believe in equality if it preaches that men are to perpetually enjoy ruling over women. Not to mention the inequality of gays.

Since you believe this, why do you call yourself a christian?

21 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You realise you are talking to what is mostly a bunch of atheists? Certainly none of us believe in the Judeo-Christian God? Ex-Christian?

So to us the question is pointless. We don't believe god exists. Period.

Possibly some of the other local Christians might answer.

In saying that, some here might like to follow this up from a theological point of view.

Thanks for this.

I like to talk of Eden because if Christians can get it right, they might back off a bit on their unjust misogyny.

We will see who pops up.

Regards

DL

21 minutes ago, florduh said:

By definition, God does not err.

The bible bids us to test all concepts.

I would say that definition errs.

Regards

DL

14 minutes ago, Free said:

Since you believe this, why do you call yourself a christian?

I do not call myself a Christian. I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

There is a huge difference and that is why the intelligent who can discern good morals say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards

DL

• Super Moderator

Clarification for Free and others: Gnostic Christians are the Good Christians. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Satan is never mentioned as being in the Garden of Eden.

Sin isn't actually mentioned until god speaks to Cain prior to killing Abel.

After Adam and Eve were removed from the garden, and Adam made to rule over her, we hear very little about them ever again.  They kicked out a few kids.  So it must not have been too bad.  We don't hear about her having inappropriate fruit tree rendezvous with snakes anymore.  I guess that's thanks to Adam?  So, thanks Adam.

Guess the only error here is while Adam was busy watching Eve their kids were busy killing one another and having incest.  Not to mention making up and worshiping gods just out of the blue for some reason.  All this leading to their own destruction in a flood.  So, thanks Adam.

But did god err?  No.  He's fine with it either way.

mwc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Greatest I am said:

I do not call myself a Christian. I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

There is a huge difference and that is why the intelligent who can discern good morals say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards

DL

But you still call yourself a christian so..........????..........????

You know what, I am just going to answer the OP as best as I can. God did not err in making adam rule over eve; sexually dominant males wrote that into the bible to justify having their way with the opposite sex however and whenever they wanted. They just said god said it, just in case they (the females) wanted to argue against it. After all, if god said it...case closed. 

42 minutes ago, mwc said:

Satan is never mentioned as being in the Garden of Eden.

Check Michelangelo's Eden painting and have a look at those nice breasts on the serpent. She is Satan. 

Do not imagine Eves head turning. It is too erotic of a picture if you do. 

He also did a painting of the Pope getting the finger from an angel in another. Quite the card that painter.

46 minutes ago, mwc said:

Sin isn't actually mentioned until god speaks to Cain prior to killing Abel.

Red Gen 3 again and tell us what God says before reaming off his list of punishments. Those are the so called sins.

48 minutes ago, mwc said:

After Adam and Eve were removed from the garden, and Adam made to rule over her, we hear very little about them ever again.  They kicked out a few kids.  So it must not have been too bad.  We don't hear about her having inappropriate fruit tree rendezvous with snakes anymore.  I guess that's thanks to Adam?  So, thanks Adam.

The sequence in your first sentence is off but no point in my splitting hairs.

50 minutes ago, mwc said:

Guess the only error here is while Adam was busy watching Eve their kids were busy killing one another and having incest.  Not to mention making up and worshiping gods just out of the blue for some reason.  All this leading to their own destruction in a flood.  So, thanks Adam.

But did god err?  No.  He's fine with it either way.

Just because he does not think he erred mdoes not mean he did not.

Regards

DL 

49 minutes ago, Free said:

But you still call yourself a christian so..........????..........????

Gnostic Christian. Can you read?

Or at least find something worthy of reading to say..........????..........?????

Regards

DL

49 minutes ago, Free said:

You know what, I am just going to answer the OP as best as I can. God did not err in making adam rule over eve; sexually dominant males wrote that into the bible to justify having their way with the opposite sex however and whenever they wanted. They just said god said it, just in case they (the females) wanted to argue against it. After all, if god said it...case closed. 

And you do not see punishing the innocent instead of the guilty as an error. Ok.

You must be a Christian with those morals.

Regards

DL

13 minutes ago, Greatest I am said:

Check Michelangelo's Eden painting and have a look at those nice breasts on the serpent. She is Satan. 

Do not imagine Eves head turning. It is too erotic of a picture if you do. 

He also did a painting of the Pope getting the finger from an angel in another. Quite the card that painter.

So?

Red Gen 3 again and tell us what God says before reaming off his list of punishments. Those are the so called sins.

I can read it all day long.  I'm not seeing sin anywhere.  Must be your hangup.

The sequence in your first sentence is off but no point in my splitting hairs.

I don't see Satan there in Genesis.  Do you see Satan in Genesis?  Or are we talking about other authors placing Satan in the Garden? 

Just because he does not think he erred mdoes not mean he did not.

I say he erred in taking all snakes, all species, legs off for what was the mistake of one single snake.  Weird.  And why put pain into childbirth?  What an odd thing to do?  Especially since it's pretty clear pretty much all animals experience this so either humans had a free pass and had it revoked or all animals got cursed.  Weird.

But, okay, it was a huge mistake that the wife is subservient to the husband.  That's the curse.  And we know that all wives are that way.  Cursed to be subservient.  In the same way snakes have no legs or there's pain in childbirth or even the land requires work to give food.  It's ingrained in women.  Or rather it's not.  So since the curse is a cultural tradition I would say that's the error and it can't be god that did it.

mwc

The Genesis creation myth was written during the Babylonian captivity. Elements of it was stolen from the Babylonian creation myth. Much of Genesis was copied from other ancient cultures myths. The God Christians worship today is the mythical son of a mythical Canaanite War God named El. 

If present day Christians actually studied the origins & evolution of their Bible & the Christian Faith there would be a lot of vacant Church buildings. But then again if they actually read their Bibles......:wacko:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We don't even need bible believers to studying its origins. They can just read its content:

If nothing else this portion should give great pause to anyone with half a conscience:

Numbers 31:

14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.

15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Demonstrate that god did in fact make Adam and Eve, then we will talk about God's mistakes.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Demonstrate that god did in fact make Adam and Eve, then we will talk about God's mistakes.

Its in the bible yo!

And God said let us make man in our image....

Take that atheist scum! :D 

• Haha 1

When God said "US" I assume God was referring to the other Aliens that beamed down with Him from the mother ship, right? 

:ph34r::ph34r:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Geezer said:

When God said "US" I assume God was referring to the other Aliens that beamed down with Him from the mother ship, right? 

:ph34r::ph34r:

Oh no no, he is referring to the Elohim - the council of gods from the Canaanite pantheon.

I shouldn't have to tell an old Geezer such as yourself that! :P:D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes. Who stood outside this 'garden'  and wrote the whole account out?? It was only supposed to be god, adam, eve and the talking serpent?? Who was the stenographer?

I'm so happy that I think Genesis is the silliest book in the whole bible. What a stupid story. Once one recognizes that it's a complete fable, the whole entire bible falls apart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Greatest I am said:

News flash. Eve has just tweeted,"Adam does not now, nor has he ever ruled over me. And that male chauvinistic God dude can stuff it because He ain't the boss of me either! I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR! And if Adam ever wants to get laid again, he'd better wise up too."  God reportedly has No Comment. Stay tuned for further details as they develop. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing. 

:17::ouch:

• Haha 3

Midnite Rider religion is the best. The ignorant will remain blind and scoff, but the intelligent people will be enlightened. In the book of Rider it is written: Fuck all other religions.  /s

On 10/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, Greatest I am said:

Gnostic Christian. Can you read?

Or at least find something worthy of reading to say..........????..........?????

Regards

DL

A Gnostic Christian is still a Christian. They are just another version of Christians, but are still Christians.