Goodbye Jesus

Yale Pro of Religion Defined What The Bible Actually Is

Geezer

I've been watching a lot of Yale School of Religion YouTube videos lately & I highly recommend these. These are actual classes being taught by Yale Professors.

Christine is this Professors first name but I don't know her last name. I assume many of her students are planning on a career in religion at some level.

The Professor noted in one of her lectures that she didn't want to harm anyone's faith or beliefs but this was a university & they teach from the historical critical perspective, not from the perspective of faith.

She also noted that in this course you will come to see that the Bible is literature not history & it's important for you to understand the difference. That is a key difference that everyone should be aware of because that would solve a lot of problems some people have with the Bible.

• Thanks 1

Geezer, can you link some of the lectures? Please forgive me if you've done that already and I missed it.

2 hours ago, ficino said:

Geezer, can you link some of the lectures? Please forgive me if you've done that already and I missed it.

Just go to YouTube & search "Yale courses religion"