Goodbye Jesus

"I Remind Myself Of All That You've Done"

L.B.

The title of this thread is a song lyric from some Christard band or another.

I'm just free-associating here, but I notice that EVERYTHING in the Christard life is rehearsing the story, telling yourself what the Buy-bull says.

There are never any answers from on high; there's always just pray, then have things go one way or another, then go justify your understanding of reality

by aligning with one or another of the "lessons" from the book.

Did it go right? That's "God" leading you and blessing you.

Did it go wrong? Check yourself, watch out for demons and other boogeymen.

Notice that every single response to any given situation is a HUMAN response - YOU, "believer", have to change or work harder or pray more or whatever.

There's nothing passive about all this - if you doubt, YOU have to give yourself the pep-talks, immerse yourself in more propaganda.

Sigh... just weary under the weight of living so closely with such powerful delusions.

1 hour ago, L.B. said:

The title of this thread is a song lyric from some Christard band or another.

I'm just free-associating here, but I notice that EVERYTHING in the Christard life is rehearsing the story, telling yourself what the Buy-bull says.

There are never any answers from on high; there's always just pray, then have things go one way or another, then go justify your understanding of reality

by aligning with one or another of the "lessons" from the book.

Did it go right? That's "God" leading you and blessing you.

Did it go wrong? Check yourself, watch out for demons and other boogeymen.

Notice that every single response to any given situation is a HUMAN response - YOU, "believer", have to change or work harder or pray more or whatever.

There's nothing passive about all this - if you doubt, YOU have to give yourself the pep-talks, immerse yourself in more propaganda.

Sigh... just weary under the weight of living so closely with such powerful delusions.

This is so true. I remember being a youngster for Christ and telling my aunt that I was going to study all the religions and learn how to fight them. She told me that I shouldn't go outside of the bible for anything. Of course we know why she said that now.

Like I said in my introduction story that this highly regarded Baptist pastor simply told me not to read things if they conflict with Gods word or makes me confused.

So frustrating.

I almost teared up at the title of your post, remembering how fervently I used to worship even though I didn't understand. I was so convinced of my own sin, so convinced I deserved hell for no reason whatsoever. It's absolutely AMAZING how different a tone that song title takes now that I don't believe. Makes me want to revamp a worship song or something....hmmm.

Some other song titles that popped into my head that mean something completely different to me now, "That's What Faith Can Do,' "I Can Only Imagine," 10,000 Reasons," "What Do I Know

of Holy." The song that used to give me chills was "In Christ Alone" and now it makes me angry to hear it. Such a beautiful melody, but so manipulative lyrically.

I used to listen to Lecrae, a Christian rap artist. He had one called "Don't waste your life" that is pretty applicable now. :)

Ya... It is never God's fault. I have heard Christians say- God doesn't owe you anything

AND

God doesn't owe you an explanation.

That is the definition of a control freak and bully.

Listen to Dan Barker in Youtube- he is an ex-christian who was a preacher and worked with a faith healer. He is an atheist now. 

42 minutes ago, Anushka said:

Ya... It is never God's fault. I have heard Christians say- God doesn't owe you anything

AND

God doesn't owe you an explanation.

That is the definition of a control freak and bully.

Listen to Dan Barker in Youtube- he is an ex-christian who was a preacher and worked with a faith healer. He is an atheist now. 

What Christians "say" about this or that is usually not relevant to the truth or accuracy of this or that.