Goodbye Jesus

Must Overcome

mick

I think I am going to be alright. Courage helps me to realize what is happening when I fear hell. The truth is what sets us free. Fact is, if Fundy's were right, I'd be in deep trouble. However, I think it is as clear as the sun that they are not even close to the truth. All they have is the Bible and vapor. Common sense, goodness, rightness, clear thinking, true morality, loving kindness, all are on the side of the non-fundamentalist, whatever their form.

Yes, I am depressed. Will I let it win? I hope not. No! I won't. I believe that death will bring perfect peace. Eternal Sleep? Probably. Sweet sleep. There is no hell. Unfortunately the flip side must be true that there is no heaven per se either.

This life is a good thing. Life is good. New born babies are not born into a wretched curse. How sad and depraved a belief!

The entire Christian presuppostition is that OUR wretched, depraved, horrific, attrociousness is why we need to be eternally tormented and tortured without mercy forever. That it is our fault. What in the world did we do to deserve such a thing? Why the heck does a baby born into this world deserve such a thing? It is clear it is a lie. BUT those of us who have been programmed with these beliefs suffer in THIS life! I have come to realize that I can't believe! Not believing is the only sin that keeps you from heave, according to them! How can I have peacve in this life, when some deep part of my brain thinks I'm going to tormented for all eternity for not believing?

There is no Hell, except the one in my brain right now. I think I can overcome it.

I think I am going to be alright. Courage helps me to realize what is happening when I fear hell. The truth is what sets us free. Fact is, if Fundy's were right, I'd be in deep trouble. However, I think it is as clear as the sun that they are not even close to the truth. All they have is the Bible and vapor. Common sense, goodness, rightness, clear thinking, true morality, loving kindness, all are on the side of the non-fundamentalist, whatever their form.

Amen, brother Mick

Yes, I am depressed. Will I let it win? I hope not. No! I won't. I believe that death will bring perfect peace. Eternal Sleep? Probably. Sweet sleep. There is no hell. Unfortunately the flip side must be true that there is no heaven per se either.

There is nothing unfortunate about it. You will be no more upset about non-existence than you were before your mother was born. The lie is that not having eternal existence, makes momentary existence crap. That is boogers and hooey. Your feelings on this account are an artifact of your culturization.

This life is a good thing. Life is good. New born babies are not born into a wretched curse. How sad and depraved a belief!

Amen again. Life is.

... How can I have peacve in this life, when some deep part of my brain thinks I'm going to tormented for all eternity for not believing?

You were trained to this path. It will take time to train your mind to other paths.

Think of your mind like a surfer and your thoughts as waves. You don't have to ride every wave, let the bad ones pass.

There is no Hell, except the one in my brain right now. I think I can overcome it.

You can. Many have.

You CAN overcome it.

It helped me to allow myself to get good and pissed off about the whole thing.

In time you form new neural pathways. It gets better.

You can, and you will.

It helped me to allow myself to get good and pissed off about the whole thing.

It does help. Most (probably not everyone, but many) go through a period of depression and anger. That's the same feeling anyone would feel after being cheated and fooled by a huge hoax that encapsulated every aspect of their life for a longer time. It's a natural reaction.

The entire Christian presuppostition is that OUR wretched, depraved, horrific, attrociousness is why we need to be eternally tormented and tortured without mercy forever.

Exactly, which is why this sick and twisted religion should never be pandered to. Give them the right to worship, but make them keep it to themselves and not force it on us through their politics and other efforts. Likewise, they should teach kids in school the alternatives. It's child abuse to teach a kid that he is born evil and in constant danger of hell fire. At least give these kids the tools to weigh out these matters.

At the risk of going back to my Christian roots...AMEN Vigile... :)

Christianity has ruined so many lives. I think about the many generations previous to ours where they, literally, had no choice but live their lives entrenched in this faith.

I don't mind if individuals want to worship in silence and rejoice in their faith. However, don't use your religion as a platform for hatred, bigotry, and oppression while forcing the rest of us to conform.

I am sick and tired of Christianity and all the baggage that comes with it.

Good for you Mick. I agreed with this entire post.

Hell is one of the biggest hoops for deconverts to jump through, I think its at the time between belief and non belief when christians realize the true purpose of hell: Its a brainwashing mechanism to keep you in the fold, and a very effective one at that.

Think of it this way: If islam is true, your screwed as well. No matter what you believe or dont believe there will always be some arrogant pious douchbag who has the nerve to think you deserve some kind of eternal damnation for not being able to guess which invisible sky master is the right one to believe in.

CHeck out this old thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t737341-ans...-debunked-.html