Goodbye Jesus

No, Watch This Video

jjacksonRIAB

Okay, so we all agree that the theology was created by using a heavy dose of myth in order to encrypt a "message" about astrological facts. So, my question is this...

How in the hell did we (mankind) find out so damn much about the planetary/solar orbits within our galaxy and how they (planets) appear to flow through the different parts of the Universe outside of our galaxy?

Like the planet Saturn for instance. How did we even know that it had rings? Was Mama Church so thorough in her job to erase all factually stated knowledge that there is no way of knowing just how much of the ancients were total bad-ass geniuses? :ugh:

The Great Library of Alexandria. Say it and weep.

Then suppress the urge to firebomb the Vatican.

Hell, yeah!

The only useful documents the Vatican holds are likely related to incidences of illegal and unethical sexual misconduct. Burn that place to the ground and score one for the Age of (Intellectual) Enlightenment.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjacksonRIAB

• Ouroboros

• MQTA

• Fweethawt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

This video helped me gain closure while having wavering feeling after leaving christianity.

I would like to request that this page become stickied or placed on another page in order to help out others.

Does anyone want to second this request before asking a mod?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

The toady balding four-eyed pedant bored the shit outta me like anyone doing a selective reading of scriptures will do. I've heard people make a great case for the parallels between astrology and xtianity and this guy did nothing for me. Surely there's someone with a personality who knows something about this stuff.

I think it would have been cool if they let that British dude to all the talkin'.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Oh, and the parallels they drew between horus and krishna and jesus, etc would have held way more weight if they were actually quoting from scriptures or historical documents instead of some unspecified book which may or may not represent the truth.

Oh, and the parallels they drew between horus and krishna and jesus, etc would have held way more weight if they were actually quoting from scriptures or historical documents instead of some unspecified book which may or may not represent the truth.
I'm feelin' ya. I actually skipped through much of that part of the video. It took about ten seconds for me to realize that it was just a boring as reading through a lineage list in the bible.

Well, some of the comparisons are a bit of a stretch, but still interesting.

I'm feelin' ya. I actually skipped through much of that part of the video. It took about ten seconds for me to realize that it was just a boring as reading through a lineage list in the bible.

Yeah I didn't care for that part either. If there were any section that could have been redone it would be that one.

I skipped most of the listing, as many of it has already been discussed on Ex-C but they do bring up an interesting argument. Most religions in the world seem to have something in common. Astrology would be right, it's as old as civilisation and it wouldn't be surprising that it changed form throughout the ages so that today we barely recognize it for what it is.

Guest ShannonXero

W O W... I am blown the fuck away!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome, and yes it makes total sense. Even when I was little I always viewed the bible as a book of stories, and this proves IT! I wish xians would understand that they are just following a religion thats been handed down from "satan". ha ha.

Again, W O W! Great video, jjacksonRIAB, thanx for posting it! :twitch:

Be careful though, because the publishers of this video are a bit "new age"-y. And also be cautious about some of the claims. Some of them are a bit of a stretch. But on the other hand there is quite a bit that is very good in there.

Here's the producer, just to give a little insight into what they do:

http://www.lightworksav.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I learned that like 2 years ago, and it makes perfect sense, considering just about every religion that ever existed did the same, albeit more openly. I wouldn't be surprised if the founders thought they were being slick by hiding that fact in the metaphors of christianity.

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, that's what the mystery schools were for...so they could decipher the metaphors and numerical meanings.

And also be cautious about some of the claims. Some of them are a bit of a stretch.

I think that's an understatement. I haven't seen the complete picture yet, because I honestly have a hard time staying awake while watching it. The more I see of it, the more I consider it trash. Utterly and utterly bad. They are abusing the very same tactics that we complain about when being used by Xtians like seeing relations where there are none (e.g. the name Amen-Ra (actually Amun-Ra) being the source of the word Amen used in prayers), pinpointing to alternative meanings of words that are used in a specific translation of the Bible (like the current "age" and the "age to come" having a correlation with the "age of Pisces" and the "age of Aquarius" in Astrology), scientific bullshit (like the "precession of the equiniox" that they claim is caused by the suns movement within the Galaxy, while it is only caused by the "wiggling" of the Earths axis once every 26000 years, etc.

So maybe the movie has a few aspects that have a ring of truth, but I consider it (at least the first 3 quarters of it that I have seen until now) utter crap and I hope that people on this forum that are laudable abaut the movie will adjust their "bullshit-radar" when it considers anti-Xtian material. I think the movie is bad for atheism as well as all other non-Xtian movements out there. If you want to see a good atheistic documentary, look for Richard Dawkin's "The Root Of All Evil?", a 2-part documentary which was first aired on Bittain's Channel 4 and is now available via Google Video's: http://video.google.nl/videosearch?q=%22th...+of+all+evil%22.

Regards,

Rob

Guest Donaldbain

The Naked Truth and The Root of All Evil? Were both excellent. The Naked Truth points out some fantastic facts about ancient religions and The Root of All Evil shows how dangerous religion is today. Whilst watching The Naked Truth I could feel my previous brainwashed drilled in beliefs washing away, fantastic. :)

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

The Naked Truth and The Root of All Evil? Were both excellent. The Naked Truth points out some fantastic facts about ancient religions and The Root of All Evil shows how dangerous religion is today. Whilst watching The Naked Truth I could feel my previous brainwashed drilled in beliefs washing away, fantastic. :)

That it did.

I just finished watching the first part. I will watch the second part shortly.

I couldnt help but see some sort of symbolism going on here during this

part of the filming where Mr. Dawkins was walking out of that temple and

into the light.

:HaHa:

I have to admit, that show was indeed much better and much more thought provoking than the first video that this thread was started for.

I never read Dawkins material. I was introduced to, and captivated by Carl Sagan in such a way as to lead me to think that he was all I needed to hear from a scientific standpoint in matters such as this. That will soon change.

I think I'll make a trip to the library sometime soon.

Also, if anyone knows of a way to download the Root of All Evil? videos so that I can burn them onto a CD, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how.

Also, if anyone knows of a way to download the Root of All Evil? videos so that I can burn them onto a CD, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how.

Most videos on video.google.com show me a "Download" button on the upper right hand corner. I use Firefox, but I doubt that causes anything...

But to ease things a bit, I placed them at http://www.hamal.nl/movies/TheRootOfAllEvilPt1.avi and http://www.hamal.nl/movies/TheRootOfAllEvilPt2.avi.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks for posting the link, I'm downloading it now.

Always on the lookout for something better.

I'm still watching the first section, but wanted to make a quick comment. The pastor from Colorado Springs is quite powerful. I can see how those who are not intimately aware of the facts can be persuaded by this man. He is very good at browbeating disenters into submission; an alpha male trait that can be quite attractive to those looking for leadership in their lives. Those who are ignorant of the facts likely find a great deal of assurance in this man's confident rhetoric.

Most videos on video.google.com show me a "Download" button on the upper right hand corner. I use Firefox, but I doubt that causes anything...

But to ease things a bit, I placed them at http://www.hamal.nl/movies/TheRootOfAllEvilPt1.avi and http://www.hamal.nl/movies/TheRootOfAllEvilPt2.avi.

Cheers,

Rob

those 2 links give me errors and close my windows media player down

I am watching the first part on video.google.nl though... Lethal Polarization.. for sure

I'm still watching the first section, but wanted to make a quick comment. The pastor from Colorado Springs is quite powerful. I can see how those who are not intimately aware of the facts can be persuaded by this man. He is very good at browbeating disenters into submission; an alpha male trait that can be quite attractive to those looking for leadership in their lives. Those who are ignorant of the facts likely find a great deal of assurance in this man's confident rhetoric.

Yep, that's the problem.. believers seem to not care about facts and twist/turn everything/anything anyone says around. They shoot you and then call you the murderer

I can't seem to get Part 2 and the above link closes my windows media player

Crap, I seem to be having the same problem with the second half.