Goodbye Jesus

Seekers & Those Who Study Gnosticism. Apotheosis Is Real.

Greatest I am

Seekers & those who study Gnosticism. Apotheosis is real.

I have gone from a non believer to believer by way of my apotheosis.

The God I found has nothing to do with the God portrayed in the Bible.

That God may have initially been the Godhead I found but man has added all known attributes to it and made it the wish list God that it now is and to believe in it, you must believe in fantastic miracles and in an immoral God who would kill humans.

The Godhead is a cosmic consciousness and does not resemble that Bible God at all.

It is the epitome of knowledge and wisdom and give truth to the one part of the myth of Adam and Eve, who became as Gods, knowing good and evil. When you find access to the Godhead within yourself, you will know this to be true as you evolve yourself to a higher state of awareness and Godlikeness.

Gnostic thinking is the only way to achieve this wondrous goal and apotheosis or rapprochement to the Godhead is the only way to evolve your God within.

Keep an open mind and you are bound to find the key to open the communication with the Godhead. When you do so, know that your journey is not ending, it is beginning. Expect both pain and pleasure from the encounter. Follow the instruction that is given and you will know that it is what you need at that point in time.

I did not quite understand the message that I received on that day but having had many years to contemplate it and practice it has shown me the wisdom of it. I share it now with you and you will know that this is the instruction from the only Godhead of this world.

Think demographically.

Good luck and know that Gnosticism is the only worthy way of looking at religions or at any philosophy. Question everything.

The worth of Gnosticism is exemplified in this saying. Take heed of it.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white”

William Blake

Regards

DL

I have no doubt people get the bright idea to exalt themselves above others, that happens all the time, its a delusional state. However, a cosmic consciousness? I have a hard time believing there is some cosmic mind in the shadows when conscious minds can be destroyed and manipulated through natural means.

Another thing, I have no idea why you're posting this in the lions den when there is a section especially for spirituality.

• Super Moderator
Gnostic thinking is the only way to achieve this wondrous goal and apotheosis or rapprochement to the Godhead is the only way to evolve your God within.

Is there any evidence of this "godhead" or "god within?" Is there any evidence that Gnostic thinking is the only way to achieve the "wondrous goal?"

Hmmm. The Only Way. That phrase sets off the bullshit detectors around here.

Question everything.

The only sentence that makes any sense.

That God may have initially been the Godhead I found but man has added all known attributes to it and made it the wish list God that it now is and to believe in it, you must believe in fantastic miracles and in an immoral God who would kill humans.

The Godhead is a cosmic consciousness and does not resemble that Bible God at all.

It is the epitome of knowledge and wisdom and give truth to the one part of the myth of Adam and Eve, who became as Gods, knowing good and evil. When you find access to the Godhead within yourself, you will know this to be true as you evolve yourself to a higher state of awareness and Godlikeness.

Keep an open mind and you are bound to find the key to open the communication with the Godhead. When you do so, know that your journey is not ending, it is beginning. Expect both pain and pleasure from the encounter. Follow the instruction that is given and you will know that it is what you need at that point in time.

I did not quite understand the message that I received on that day but having had many years to contemplate it and practice it has shown me the wisdom of it. I share it now with you and you will know that this is the instruction from the only Godhead of this world.

Think demographically.

Good luck and know that Gnosticism is the only worthy way of looking at religions or at any philosophy. Question everything.

William Blake

Regards

DL

I've studied gnosticism enough to know it is just one more brand of the shit called 'Real Christianity™'. It isn't worth the time to study.

Damn. And I had a comic book character named "Cosmic Consciousness" but didn't copyright him yet. Now I find out there's another one already. Brings up infringement issues and shit. Please don't tell me there's a "Big Kahuna" too.

Guest Babylonian Dream

I still have my baloney detection kit on.

How do you know a deity exists?

What makes you think we have a God within?

While I'd love to communicate with God, my mind is open, I just don't see that as happening.

Damn. And I had a comic book character named "Cosmic Consciousness" but didn't copyright him yet. Now I find out there's another one already. Brings up infringement issues and shit. Please don't tell me there's a "Big Kahuna" too.

There's a Big Kahuna too... :HaHa:

And a Big Guy in the Sky, with the Big Pie in the Sky, but it's busy there with all those who have their heads in the clouds.

I've spent time skimming many beliefs, ways of interpreting, etc and Gnosticism sounds good on paper and is a step in the correct direction away from the pitfalls of modern mainstream xtianity as we know it. However, this statement.

Gnosticism is the only worthy way of looking at religions or at any philosophy

is pompous and untrue and makes you no different than a rabid fundie christian.

Is there a God? Depends, what is God?

Is there a God as you describe it? No.

You can't say in one breath you have an open mind then turn around and pretty much contradict it by stating that yours is the only right way. It's not being open minded if you only open your mind so far.

Guest Spinoza

I like their idea that maybe the Serpent (or Nachash) was more than a snake, and something other than Satan.

Especially when you understand the importance of Pi and Pythogoreas ...... Genesis 3:14 and John 3:14

I have no doubt people get the bright idea to exalt themselves above others, that happens all the time, its a delusional state.

So a teacher is delusional when he thinks himself brighter than the student. O k.

However, a cosmic consciousness? I have a hard time believing there is some cosmic mind in the shadows when conscious minds can be destroyed and manipulated through natural means.

Yes I know that it is quite hard to believe.

Another thing, I have no idea why you're posting this in the lions den when there is a section especially for spirituality.

I guess I am here out of habit. I will check that spirituality section.

Regards

DL

Is there any evidence of this "godhead" or "god within?" Is there any evidence that Gnostic thinking is the only way to achieve the "wondrous goal?"

Hmmm. The Only Way. That phrase sets off the bullshit detectors around here.

Those should always be on and I will keep my opinion until someone shows some other way to gain apotheosis.

Question everything.

The only sentence that makes any sense.

I do not agree.

Regards

DL

I still have my baloney detection kit on.

How do you know a deity exists?

Apotheosis is the only way for anyone to know that there is anything other than man here and thinking.

I do not call what I found a Deity in the true sense. it makes no demands for obeying or adoration. In fact, I think it is insulted by such. It cannot help being what it is and does not deserve or want our foolish wasted emotion.

What makes you think we have a God within?

Personal contact. Going into the spirit as the ancients used to call it. I just call it telepathic contact.

No proof of course as is all the cases of such a statements.

While I'd love to communicate with God, my mind is open, I just don't see that as happening.

It is not as rewarding as you might think. There is both pleasure and pain in the contact.

You also have to have a strong enough ego to bear the abuse that such a disclosure brings.

If the numbers of people making such a claim is an indicator, it is something that few have.

Regards

DL

I've spent time skimming many beliefs, ways of interpreting, etc and Gnosticism sounds good on paper and is a step in the correct direction away from the pitfalls of modern mainstream xtianity as we know it. However, this statement.

Gnosticism is the only worthy way of looking at religions or at any philosophy

is pompous and untrue and makes you no different than a rabid fundie christian.

I define the word God as rules. These should always be open to a questioning mind and we should always be ready to change them as conditions change.

Is there a God as you describe it? No.

As a good skeptic, you know that that statement is un-provable and now you sound like a fundy.

You can't say in one breath you have an open mind then turn around and pretty much contradict it by stating that yours is the only right way. It's not being open minded if you only open your mind so far.

There is a possibility that my way is not the only way but I cannot see how.

How else can one say one has a personal God based on contact if not contact is ever realized?

Regards

DL

I like their idea that maybe the Serpent (or Nachash) was more than a snake, and something other than Satan.

Especially when you understand the importance of Pi and Pythogoreas ...... Genesis 3:14 and John 3:14

I read Genesis as man's right of passage from child to man.

From that POV, the snake can only represent one thing. Society with all of it's goods and evils.

After all, did A & E not go from dumb animals to brighter ones with a moral sense?

That is a right of passage.

Regards

DL

As a good skeptic, you know that that statement is un-provable and now you sound like a fundy.

Unless you prove there is, it is safe to say the answer is "no"

Unless you prove there is, it is safe to say the answer is "no"

Ok. Sound like a Fundy if you like.

Do not strive to sound more intelligent and continue to make un-provable statements.

You might wonder why the atheist movement uses better language though.

Regards

DL

post-6652-0-71772400-1291823065_thumb.jpg

Nothing I've said sounds "fundi-ish". Prove how what I said is.

Do not strive to sound more intelligent and continue to make un-provable statements.

Unless YOU prove YOUR statements, my statements are, you know, correct.

Nothing I've said sounds "fundi-ish". Prove how what I said is.

Unless YOU prove YOUR statements, my statements are, you know, correct.

Except that you have no more proof of it than the Fundy's do for what they say when they say that God is real.

If you did not understand the logic and lesson of the link I gave you then carry on but do not expect belief or respect.

Not from your betters in any case.

Regards

DL

Ok, so you're a goob?

Thank you for establishing this fact well!

Think demographically.

William Blake

Regards

DL

Ummm...

If you would have just simply stated that you are going back to belief, I know for myself, my post would be severely different. Simply because, I think people are the same...trying to figure out the world they live in and we do the best that we can while we are alive...but now it is deist missionary style. Like the heretical Christian that has to go and prove they are not like the mold that they left and that they have the answer themselves(played it myself since my last stint with belief was the liberal side of Christianity)...so ok...

The conscious mind. Define this because that to me is nothing more than an 'entity' you state exists, but to me that is the lack of knowledge that we have because we don't know everything or because existence is actually bigger than the Pale Blue Dot so we come to these 'mystical' views of existence to satisfy our existential shortcomings.

Comparing apotheosis to the bible is irrelevant. Something is not true because its not like the bible. So either you are committing 'bad faith' because its not like the bible, or you are trying to bait us into this 'new view' of yours.

Thirdly, deism to me is nothing more than the god that YOU want to believe in. You create the god you want. It is reactionary belief in the gods based on the failings and short comings of religion. Again, reactionary views never last too far with sustainability. "Oh the bible didn't work for me", "Oh non-belief didn't work for me" so let's now try this deistic business. Good for you and all but you haven't shown us anything so reconsider preaching to us that you have found 'the way'.

Now on a personal note, I find it very egotistical of you yet egoism doesn't mean something is right or wrong. Its just I consider missionary anyone to be egotistical pricks that deserve no respect when they to sell me their bullshit. I probably would buy them a drink afterwards and be their friend but when they get their John the Baptist wannabe mindsets, they have to be brought back down to earth...same here. The Gnostic mystic has to be brought down back to earth.

So if your life is better and you have a good life, productive for society that you live in, good for you man...just don't try to sell me what you believe in that cannot be logically and ratioanly sustainable by placating my views against the bible(because what you don't realize is there are things I like about the bible and what it has to say because it was written by humans so I can pick and choose what I like...my signature is from a book that was written from supposed terrorists in France so if I can find good things in a book like that, I can find good in a book that talks about eternal damnation without just cause, sexual perversion in the name of 'pious' living, and mystical sage things that can't be proven).

• 3 weeks later...

Think demographically.

William Blake

Regards

DL

Ummm...

If you would have just simply stated that you are going back to belief, I know for myself, my post would be severely different. Simply because, I think people are the same...trying to figure out the world they live in and we do the best that we can while we are alive...but now it is deist missionary style. Like the heretical Christian that has to go and prove they are not like the mold that they left and that they have the answer themselves(played it myself since my last stint with belief was the liberal side of Christianity)...so ok...

The conscious mind. Define this because that to me is nothing more than an 'entity' you state exists, but to me that is the lack of knowledge that we have because we don't know everything or because existence is actually bigger than the Pale Blue Dot so we come to these 'mystical' views of existence to satisfy our existential shortcomings.

Comparing apotheosis to the bible is irrelevant. Something is not true because its not like the bible. So either you are committing 'bad faith' because its not like the bible, or you are trying to bait us into this 'new view' of yours.

Thirdly, deism to me is nothing more than the god that YOU want to believe in. You create the god you want. It is reactionary belief in the gods based on the failings and short comings of religion. Again, reactionary views never last too far with sustainability. "Oh the bible didn't work for me", "Oh non-belief didn't work for me" so let's now try this deistic business. Good for you and all but you haven't shown us anything so reconsider preaching to us that you have found 'the way'.

Now on a personal note, I find it very egotistical of you yet egoism doesn't mean something is right or wrong. Its just I consider missionary anyone to be egotistical pricks that deserve no respect when they to sell me their bullshit. I probably would buy them a drink afterwards and be their friend but when they get their John the Baptist wannabe mindsets, they have to be brought back down to earth...same here. The Gnostic mystic has to be brought down back to earth.

So if your life is better and you have a good life, productive for society that you live in, good for you man...just don't try to sell me what you believe in that cannot be logically and ratioanly sustainable by placating my views against the bible(because what you don't realize is there are things I like about the bible and what it has to say because it was written by humans so I can pick and choose what I like...my signature is from a book that was written from supposed terrorists in France so if I can find good things in a book like that, I can find good in a book that talks about eternal damnation without just cause, sexual perversion in the name of 'pious' living, and mystical sage things that can't be proven).

Two things come to mind.

First, I did not invent God or anything else. I found it.

Second. It is hard to preach when you have no dogma so I do not preach.

Just because you have no God does not mean that I cannot encourage those who seek one.

BTW. I too see some wisdom in the Bible but in no way do I read it literally or too seriously.

Regards

DL

Except that you have no more proof of it than the Fundy's do for what they say when they say that God is real.

Since when did people that don't believe in god need to prove themselves? I quite believe that it is the person making the claim that is supposed to provide the proof sir.

Since when did people that don't believe in god need to prove themselves? I quite believe that it is the person making the claim that is supposed to provide the proof sir.

I agree. I was speaking to one who made a definitive statement that there was no God.

One can say that they believe there is no God and I would have no problem with that because it speaks to his lack of belief which is real.

To say that there is no God is like saying that he has looked everywhere in this wondrous universe and did not find him. This cannot be done at present.

Regards

DL

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. I was speaking to one who made a definitive statement that there was no God.

Is there a God as you describe it? No

Oh yes, sounds like a definitive statement that there "Was no God" p-fucking-eriod.

Next time at least try to do better.