Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe in nothing(as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

How much courage does it take to stand for nothing? None.

How much courage does it take to defend nothing? None.

How much intellect does it take to defend nothing? None.

Definitely for the weak.

Also, their attacks mainly consist of mocking the other side and asking stupid questions

Athiest logic.

I mock God, therefore there is no God.

Note: Mocking will follow this post, because its all they've got.

Also, they ask stupid questions like "Can you prove there is a God?"

Of course this is a stupid question along the line of "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Why is it a stupid quesiton? A little geometry to illustrate. In geometry you have theorems and postulates. Postulates are accepted as fact, theorems are proven. If you reject the postulates, there is nothing to prove. You can't prove postulates, they must be accepted or rejected.

God's existence must be accepted or rejected.

Feel free to mock this post, since it's all you've got.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, InspectoGeneral.

Welcome to ExC.

It's nice to have you here.

Welcome! Im getting my snacks out now. Good luck Bro. :eek::HaHa:

Welcome to the site. :clap:

I see you've posted twice already but I haven't read your other posting yet.

See ya around.

mwc

I dare you to make that claim again when surrounded by violent opponents of "Belief into nothing". You'll either change your opinion real fast or... well... you won't do anything anymore for a loooooong time.

Claiming the moral high ground by default, eh?

Your very list of empty and meaningless claims is an insult to us in and of itself. If we mock and insult you in turn, do you know how it's called? "Turnabout is fair play".

You know, I'd love to criticize your arguments, but as you have no argument whatsoever (like all the braindead fundie morons who think they can impress us with the PRATTs), what else are we supposed to do except getting personal, eh?

And we do reject the supposed existence of your gawd, based on your reiligion's own scripture and doctrine. Where's your problem?

Oh right. Your problem is that you are desperately trying to make a point without any real arguments on your side.

And just for the record, I am no atheist myself. However, I prefer following a religious path that is merely unprovable instead of totally mindfuckingly absurd like yours.

Reply if you dare. Chances are, of course, that you'll just run away screaming, only to then point your fellow brainwashed to this thread and claim "See all the persecution, just like da wholly babble prophecied?!111!!111!!!!".

Prove me wrong.

Well, as this was a lazy intro, I might as well give a lazy reply.

Mock mockity mock mock. :grin:

So IG you are strong, then please interpret this:

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. (NAS)

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe in nothing(as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

Of course I do. I'm a Randian Objectivist. I defend that.

How much intellect does it take to believe in God? Not much, apparently.

I've just presented my entire position. I'm willing to defend it.

I'd respond, but I'm off to eat xtian babies and sell heroin to schoolkids... :rolleyes:

I'd respond, but I'm off to eat xtian babies and sell heroin to schoolkids... :rolleyes:
:nono: Not until after you put your wang in my butt. Then you can go do that stuff.

THEISM IS FOR THE WEAK

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe everything (as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

How much courage does it take to stand for theism? None.

How much courage does it take to defend theism? None.

How much intellect does it take to defend theism? None.

Definitely for the weak.

Also, their attacks mainly consist of mocking the other side and asking stupid questions

thiest logic.

I believe there is a God, therefore there is a God.

Also, they ask stupid questions like "Can you prove there isnt God?"

Of course this is a stupid question along the line of "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Why is it a stupid quesiton? A little geometry to illustrate. In geometry you have theorems and postulates. Postulates are accepted as fact, theorems are proven. If you reject the postulates, there is nothing to prove. You can't prove postulates, they must be accepted or rejected.

So IG you are strong, then please interpret this:

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. (NAS)

when i read the first post, i have to admit, i agree with thier post in that i get the feeling when reading some posts like the more i make fun of God (or mock him) the less real it will be to me. other than that, i really didn't get the weakness/strongness point they were making. for all practicle purposes, it is probably harder to come to the descision that there is no God. because if you are wrong, it comes with serous consequences.

as far as the quote, i don't think it is stating we should be weak, but yet realize that we are weak without Jesus, who is the source of our spiritual strength.

...for all practicle purposes, it is probably harder to come to the descision that there is no God. because if you are wrong, it comes with serous consequences.

Hello Freeday:

I'm just curious about this statement. What serious consequences ensue if one comes to the decisioin there is no God and one is "wrong"? :shrug:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Definitely for the weak.

Athiest logic.

I mock God, therefore there is no God.

It's difficult to determine which slimy portion of your rectum you used to post this. I'm no Columbo, so fuck it.

How much intellect does it take to make a single shit-and-run post?

How much courage does it take to merely attack one side without offering reasons for your own?

In either case, not much :HaHa:

...for all practicle purposes, it is probably harder to come to the descision that there is no God. because if you are wrong, it comes with serous consequences.

Hello Freeday:

I'm just curious about this statement. What serious consequences ensue if one comes to the decisioin there is no God and one is "wrong"? :shrug:

i really can't answer this one clear cut. this is where i differ from most baptist christians. i am not a 100% sure what will get you there or where there is, but i can tell you how to be 100% certain how not to get there and that Heaven is better.

Hello Freeday:

i really can't answer this one clear cut. this is where i differ from most baptist christians. i am not a 100% sure what will get you there or where there is, but i can tell you how to be 100% certain how not to get there and that Heaven is better.

Freeday .... I am not being sarcastic or ridiculing here at all... I'm just asking questions. And if you feel the need to move this conversation to the Colisium where it's more "protected" I'll certainly understand.

But.... Can you tell me how you know the following with 100% certainity:

1. That there is a hell to "escape from"?
  2. That there is a "heaven" to go to?

Freeday, I'm a Christian. I believe there is a God. I believe there is life beyond this life. But, something in your statement tells me you are hanging onto Christianity to protect yourself from hell. If this is so, then is your "faith" really "faith" at all? :shrug:

Again - I'm not asking these questions in anger, or to ridicule, or anything like that. I'm asking these questions out of sincerity.

Who cares.

Jesus blessed the meek, the poor, and powerless (ie. weak) So if athiests are weak, then Jesus is on their side.

(snip)

as far as the quote, i don't think it is stating we should be weak, but yet realize that we are weak without Jesus, who is the source of our spiritual strength.

Soo... atheists then are spiritual strong? :scratch:

Where are atheists weak? Physical, mental, moral, emotional...?

If it's physical, ask Asimov what he bench press.

If it's moral, then I wonder what immoral I've done? Speeding is probably the worse offense I've done.

If it's emotional, nope, don't think so. I don't lay down on the floor and cry when someone call me names on this board. :shrug:

When it comes to peer pressure in our society - considering that 9 out of 10 on our street believe in a god of some kind - being an atheist takes more guts. Honestly, I don't know any atheists besides the ones on this board. I know a bunch of agnostics, deists at best, and then plenty catholics, evangelicals, jews. But no atheists. Do I feel singled out and alone? Sure. Does it bother me? Definitely not, rather the opposite.

Which takes more courage, to believe there's a big sky daddy running the machine or to stand alone in the face of the universe?

Which takes more courage, to follow the pre-packaged moral injunctions of another without question or to constantly have to re-evaluate your position in the harsh light of reality?

Which takes more courage, coming to this site day after day, putting your beliefs and motives to the test for all to see or doing another hit-and-run posting filled with arrogant presumption?

Thanks for the heads-up Khan...I doubt we'll see this incarnation again anyways...

Hit and run??? Some of us have lives and can't spend all their time on message boards. My post was pretty self contained, nothing really to defend.

Atheism as a debate position is no position at all, you have nothing to defend. It is evident by this site that Christianity has much to defend.

Question - "So what do you believe concerning God?"

Athesist - "Nothing."

Question - "So you believe in nothing?"

Atheist - "That's right."

Question - "Is that a hard position to defend?"

Atheist - "Not at all. It's not hard to defend nothing. We just mock people who believe something. Since we have no position they can never attack us."

Not hard to defend nothing. I was just pointing out that you have no position. A debate with somone that has no position isn't a debate.

It's very clear that this troll is not interested in having serious discussion with us, as he is clearly putting his own assumptions about atheism on the table. Clearly, he is trying to enter into a pissing match, thinking that we give a damn about who has a position to defend. So maybe until he decides to start a serious discussion, he should cancel his AOL account and we should just go on our own ways.

:wave:InspectoGeneral, welcome!

I'm anxious to see if you're strong enough to stand up to these facts and ideas put before you here. I think the analogy here for proving there is a God is like proving there is an invisibel unicorn. :phew:

BTW... some say the Truth needs no defense... as it defends itself.

I hope you stick around with an open mind.

Good luck! :)