Goodbye Jesus

12 Hours...

LosingMyReligion

Today is Easter and I am already sick and tired of listening to Christians whine and give thanks to Jesus for being bludgeoned to death...

Bleah! :shrug:

Oh and he was raised from the dead on the 3rd day(you have to say it exactly like that to get to heaven).

Heh, I'm stuck in a hotel in windsor so it's a first year with a good break from the easter crap. :)

What's the matter with the Christians in your part of the world, LMR? Today is Easter! No more whining about Jesus having been killed. They should be rejoicing that he overcame death! This is, after all, Easter--the Day of the Resurrection! The Christian focus should be glory halleluja he's risen from the dead. What a wonderful lord and saviour. Of course, that presupposes a Good Friday. But here in the northern hemisphere (I realize this does not apply to our friends in Australia) winter is over for crying out loud. The few blizzards that rage and roar through our country won't last long because we're well past the spring equinox.

Christians and pagans and exCs alike (in the northern hemisphere) should all be celebrating new life, not whining about the cruel dark winter and christ's suffering and death. Maybe you can witness to your Christian friends and family about how they've got it all mixed up. I am definitely drawing from what my Christian friends and family understand about Easter--it's the celebration of Christ's resurrection, NOT his death.

Well in that case you might want to avoid the more liturgical and traditional Christians for a while...they've still got 6 weeks of 'Eastertide' to celebrate the Resurrection. :HaHa:

One christian question that always bothered me about easter: If he was crucified on good Friday, and had to be buried before sundown (the beginning of shabbat), and had to stay in the ground three days, how does that take you to Sunday? Shouldn't the resurrection day be Monday?

One christian question that always bothered me about easter: If he was crucified on good Friday, and had to be buried before sundown (the beginning of shabbat), and had to stay in the ground three days, how does that take you to Sunday? Shouldn't the resurrection day be Monday?

Been a lifelong question of mine, too. I thought it might warrant a thread of its own because it's not exactly about how to deal with Christians around their religious holidays. I posted it here.

What's the matter with the Christians in your part of the world, LMR? Today is Easter! No more whining about Jesus having been killed. They should be rejoicing that he overcame death! This is, after all, Easter--the Day of the Resurrection! The Christian focus should be glory halleluja he's risen from the dead. What a wonderful lord and saviour. Of course, that presupposes a Good Friday. But here in the northern hemisphere (I realize this does not apply to our friends in Australia) winter is over for crying out loud. The few blizzards that rage and roar through our country won't last long because we're well past the spring equinox.

Christians and pagans and exCs alike (in the northern hemisphere) should all be celebrating new life, not whining about the cruel dark winter and christ's suffering and death. Maybe you can witness to your Christian friends and family about how they've got it all mixed up. I am definitely drawing from what my Christian friends and family understand about Easter--it's the celebration of Christ's resurrection, NOT his death.

Spoken like someone not in Indiana.

It's still snowing here.

We got a break from the snow here in central Michigan today. But it's still been damned cold. And it was so nice a couple of weeks ago!

Christians and pagans and exCs alike (in the northern hemisphere) should all be celebrating new life, not whining about the cruel dark winter

Guess what I'm planning for Beltane? :HaHa:

Shhhh! Didn't you know?! Maths is from da debil!!!!!111!!!!!

:lmao:

Heh... they always stressed the crucifixion and the resurrection on Easter when I was growing up.