Goodbye Jesus

Proselytizing At Work...

Former Follier

A co-worker just forwarded this to me along with a few select others... the others being professing Christians. Am I being overly sensitive or is that illegal in the workplace? Anyway, it was very presumptuous of her to assume that I would welcome it in my inbox. My response to her? "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't forward religious material to me. Thanks." Much less than I felt like saying.

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?

Virginia Tech

Amish Country, PA

Columbine High School

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96

Bethel, Alaska 2/19/97!

Pearl, Mississippi 10/1/97

West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97

Stam P, Arkansas 12/15/97

Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98

Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98

Fayetteville, Tennessee 5/19/98

Springfield, Oregon 5/21/98

Richmond, Virginia 6/15/98

Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99

Taber, Alberta, Canada 5/28/99

Conyers, Georgia

5/20/99

Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99

Fort Gibson, Oklahoma 12/6/99

Santee, California 3/ 5/01 and

El Cajon, California 3/22/01?

Sincerely,

Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see,

I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained

She didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK...

------------------

Then,

Someone said you better not read the Bible in school,

The Bible that says

"Thou shalt! Not kill,

Thou shalt not steal,

And love your neighbors as yourself,"

And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said

We shouldn't spank our children

when they misbehaved

because their little personalities

would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem.

And we said,

An expert should know what he's talking about.

So we won't spank them anymore...

------------------

Then someone said

Teachers and principals better not

Discipline our children when they misbehave.

And the school administrators said

No faculty member in this school

Better touch a student when they misbehave

Because we don't want any bad publicity,

And we surely don't want to be sued.

And we accepted their

Reasoning...

------------------

And the entertainment industry said,

let's make TV shows and movies that promote

Profanity, violence and illicit sex...

And let's record music that encourages

Rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes...

And we said,

it's just entertainment

And it has no adverse effect

And nobody takes it seriously anyway,

So go right ahead.

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves

Why our children have no conscience,

Why they don't know right from wrong,

And why it doesn't bother them to

Kill strangers, classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly,

If we thought about it long and hard enough,

We could figure it out.

I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...

"WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,"

Pass it on

If you think it has merit! But if you discard this thought process,

Then don't sit back and complain about

what bad shape this country is in!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• Gary Thompson

• Christine

I would say definitely tell someone about it who would be likely to actually do something. Misusing company e-mail services to send spam wastes valuable resources. Shouldn't matter if it's Christian spam or regular spam.

I would say definitely tell someone about it who would be likely to actually do something. Misusing company e-mail services to send spam wastes valuable resources. Shouldn't matter if it's Christian spam or regular spam.

Depends on the IT policy... that is at least theft of bandwidth unless it came from the CEO, Managing Director, the Head of Finance, the Head of HR, or someone related to, or sleeping with the afroementioned... then you smile and nod...

God lets nutjobs buy Guns.... I thought God wrote the second amendment.... if he was that damned clever he'd come up with a work around.... Hell, I just did... If he can't work in schools, how about Gun shops? Being omnipresent he's in them all, being omniscient, he can spot the nut jobs, being omnipotent he can stop the nut job (and the criminal) getting armed... Why wasn't God in the Gun shop?

He was, Harley. He was looking for a nice piece to replace some of his more outdated arsenal such as locusts, boils and brimstone.

He was, Harley. He was looking for a nice piece to replace some of his more outdated arsenal such as locusts, boils and brimstone.

So maybe the VT guy WAS Jesus... shit!

Wait a moment... Amish schools don't allow god?

Dumbasses.

I don't think Virginia Tech where those recent shootings took place is an Amish school. The Amish school was in New York, or Pennsylvania, wasn't it? Somewhere just on the other side of the Lakes from where I live.

Pass it on

If you think it has merit! But if you discard this thought process,

Then don't sit back and complain about

what bad shape this country is in!

SO! If the fundy xians rip up the country it's the atheists' fault???

Re the original purpose of the thread.....I don't know too much about it but I think you've been given good advice.

Which came first? The e-mail or the video?

I'm dealing with proselytizers at my workplace also. I say stand up to anyone who is making your work invironment uncomfortable. I have now taken on the adage that if I hear people say irrational things I'll call them on it.

I'm dealing with proselytizers at my workplace also. I say stand up to anyone who is making your work invironment uncomfortable. I have now taken on the adage that if I hear people say irrational things I'll call them on it.

Congratulations Christine! I've been wondering how things are working out for you. I'm so glad you're finding a way to deal with it.

Which came first? The e-mail or the video?

Gary, I watched this youtube and it doesn't talk about videos or emails coming first. Anyway, how would I know which one came first? I was a horse and buggy Mennonite back in the days when these things were invented. How does that question relate to the topic of this thread?

That's the most bullshit I've ever seen and goes beyond ignorance into the sub-levels of stupidity. I guess that is why no one is ever killed where God is allowed and their kids were beaten black and blue? Sheesh...

I would definitely tell someone about it if they don't respect your wish to not receive any more religious emails. I kept getting Christian emails from someone until I reported them.

I was just pointing out that there was a video, since I never knew that an e-mail existed. The question was more rhetorical really.

Sorry, Gary, I think I am beginning to see the connections. I did not understand the quote in the opening post here, nor did I quite catch what the person on youtube said about all those places.

So I think what you are saying is that this video is just one more fundy tactic to christianize the nation. The email was probably made up for the video to push home some fundy idea of being a good citizen. So is proselytizing at work. I think I'm getting it. Or am I still missing something?

That's the most bullshit I've ever seen and goes beyond ignorance into the sub-levels of stupidity. I guess that is why no one is ever killed where God is allowed? Sheesh...

They should have told Thomas Beckett that... ;)

Sorry, Gary, I think I am beginning to see the connections. I did not understand the quote in the opening post here, nor did I quite catch what the person on youtube said about all those places.

So I think what you are saying is that this video is just one more fundy tactic to christianize the nation. The email was probably made up for the video to push home some fundy idea of being a good citizen. So is proselytizing at work. I think I'm getting it. Or am I still missing something?

From my memory, the video and the e-mail say the same things in the same words. If not the entire thing then at least most of it. Hence my conclusion that one of the two is the original whilst the other is a copy, thereby reaching the rhetorical question about the e-mail (that FormerFollier posted) and the video (seen by following the link). But basically, it boils down to that, that they're the same thing.

It/they truly is a tactic to christianize the nation through fear, although they do fail to mention the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and the holocaust where there "was god" but many people still died.

That's the long and short of it really.

That's the most bullshit I've ever seen and goes beyond ignorance into the sub-levels of stupidity. I guess that is why no one is ever killed where God is allowed? Sheesh...

They should have told Thomas Beckett that... ;)

You know, you sure make me google a lot! :3:

I'm irritating like that... ;)

I'm irritating like that... ;)

Why, yes you are! But, I can't say it's a bad irritation when I come away better informed. ;)

I'm a wonderful human being ;)

I'm a wonderful human being ;)

And no where near the ego of the man portrayed in your avatar either... (one of my favorite shows) :HaHa:

From my memory, the video and the e-mail say the same things in the same words. If not the entire thing then at least most of it. Hence my conclusion that one of the two is the original whilst the other is a copy, thereby reaching the rhetorical question about the e-mail (that FormerFollier posted) and the video (seen by following the link). But basically, it boils down to that, that they're the same thing.

It/they truly is a tactic to christianize the nation through fear, although they do fail to mention the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and the holocaust where there "was god" but many people still died.

That's the long and short of it really.

Thanks!

Go you.

And when that fails, you can always feed them to the bumble. ;)

Thanks!

Any time.

zoolander.jpg