Goodbye Jesus

Christians Infiltrating This Forum

Eccles

I just read this letter to the Webmaster:

"I was shocked ... that such a website exists". One of the reasons that Atheists join groups like this is to get away from bigots like this Andrew D. He begins:

"I am sorry that the curch as we know it has failed so many people.

Chritianity is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, not a personal relationship with man although that is part of it. If there is no love, all other things are meaningless.

I would like to encourage those who have been hurt, neglected or condemned by fellow man, there is a thing called unconditional love but you won't experience it from man. Man will fail each other time and time again. We have to look past the ills of man and hope for better things."

The first reply by an L. McLean was just as bad:

"I pray that God may soften your heart"

What right have these people to come onto this Group peddling their Christian bullshit and claiming they are the only ones right and Atheists are wrong and will burn in 'hell'. Well my advice is this. If you don't like us, just leave us alone and stew in your own religious bullshit based on a book of crap that claims there is a "god". THERE IS NO GOD.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

They can't leave us alone. Their Loving Gawd™ will torture them for all eternity if they don't act like arseholes, all to convince thinking people of its looooove for them.

:Hmm:

What right have these people to come onto this Group peddling their Christian bullshit and claiming they are the only ones right and Atheists are wrong and will burn in 'hell'. Well my advice is this. If you don't like us, just leave us alone and stew in your own religious bullshit based on a book of crap that claims there is a "god". THERE IS NO GOD.

About as much right as you and I have to go into a church and disturb the sermon shouting THERE IS NO GOD, the only difference being that we would probably get arrested and he gets away with it.

Don't worry too much, Eccles. Webmaster is up to handling them. Read his extestimony. The link is pinned at the top of the section in Testimonies of Former Christians. Also read the other comments to that article. People here don't take this kind of thing lying down. There's quite a rebuttal for Andrew D. and L. McLean. Not that they are likely to come back and see what people have to say but it allows us to fight back and get it out of our system.

Did you know that you can post a comment to the article, too? Just click on the link at the bottom of the last comment--the link that says "Post a Comment." Then follow the instructions. That way you get to "take it out" on the xians directly. Of course, if you feel safer doing it in here, that's okay. It gets pretty rowdy at times out there on the Main Blog.

Thurisaz, you nailed it!

I make a point of staying up-to-date on the asinine comments that our unwelcome visitors leave on the main blog.

Then I shudder and/or get flaming mad.

Then I quietly sit back, pour myself a stiff drink, and gleefully rip 'em a new one.

He does, unfortunately, have free speech. So do we. I'm thankful that free speech still exists and that people like Dubya haven't banned us from venting here.

It must be very confusing to them when they see people who are Post-Christian. How can anyone move beyond Christianity? It rattles their very being.

I am sad that a site like this HAS to exist, as a place for those who have moved on from the grasp of the Bible to collect and give each other support.

Although I tend to lable myself a Deist/Theist/Agnostic/Apatheist, I have far more in common with Atheists, and would be very content in an all Atheism environment then to have to deal with even one zealous Religionist.

I don't even read out there in the blog. I'd probably come in here all pissed off too.

Personally, I'm glad to have Christians visiting and posting here. Their posts serve to remind me of the absurdity and insanity of Christian beliefs, and frequently their attitudes remind me of at least one reason I am glad to be free of the cult. I also enjoy debating fundies, though that can be frustrating at times and basically an exercise in futility given their tendency to dodge or ignore questions they don't like or can't answer and their frequent insistence on proudly remaining ignorant.

I say we ought to welcome them. They may leave as ignorant and arrogant as they were when they arrived, but they serve to remind us of what many of us once were and how far we have come since we left the cult behind. And let's not forget that a lucky few have managed to escape the cult because they visited here...Glory!

TBH, I don't think my 'Christian' friends find anything much shocking here... there again, the ones who do find this place shocking wouldn't regard my Christian friends as Christians... infact a lot here wouldn't regard my Christian friends as Chrsitians, simply becuase of their views that Chrisitianity, despite what it says in the bible, won't work for everyone, and if it don't work for you, well, hell, who cares... fresh beers all round... :beer::68::beer:

I've noticed that people who do not feel their lives are worthwhile are proportionately more concerned and involved in policing the lives of other people.

To the christians here to "save" us: The only quality of life you have any business being concerned with is your own. The people you want to "fix" so they are just as scared an insecure as you? We aren't interested, you are only expressing your envy of our freedom by trying to curtail it.

Still don't get it? Expect something coarser from a heathen unbeliever? Here you go:

Either get your own fuckin' life, or start payin' us you freakin' voyeur!

Something for them to look at...

100587608-S.jpg

Something for them to look at...

100587608-S.jpg

Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man butt!!!! MASNFLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ew ew ew

"I am sorry that the curch as we know it has failed so many people.

Chritianity is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, not a personal relationship with man although that is part of it. If there is no love, all other things are meaningless.

I would like to encourage those who have been hurt, neglected or condemned by fellow man, there is a thing called unconditional love but you won't experience it from man. Man will fail each other time and time again. We have to look past the ills of man and hope for better things."

Btw, this Andrew got it all wrong. I don't have any disappointments against any man or any Christian. Except for a few that were a bit corrupt in regards to business and money. But I never left Christianity because of what any person said or did, unless you count the Gospels as a reference to someones words. What failed for me was faith and belief in the story, not humans. So if Jesus fails you, why should you still believe in him?

Least it's not HAIRY man butt... and mine is FAR nicer :)

I, too, find it reassuring when the True Belivin' Zealots plop down another "reason why the Curtdude ain't a christian no more."

Their passive-aggressive "you've been hurt / remember the unconditional love of the Almighty" heart-felt pleas to us here display a complete inability to think through the dogma of christianity. Unconditional Love: my ass. What a crock. Yeah, sure. God loves us unconditionally. But if we do not meet those conditions (acceptance, repentance, etc.) well, we're gonna fry, baby.

Recently I spent an hour in church with my family, completely reminded of how their back-handed threats of eternal torture and never being "complete without God" simply do not work on me anymore. Been there. Done that. I could not wait to get the hell outta their whole Group-Think CultMeeting and get some fresh air.

The fact that my otherwise pleasant and loving family are still buying into this stuff just boggles my mind. Was I switched out at birth?

The fact that my otherwise pleasant and loving family are still buying into this stuff just boggles my mind. Was I switched out at birth?

I've asked this question more than a few times myself. Perhaps we were born with a genetic deformation.

I've asked this question more than a few times myself. Perhaps we were born with a genetic deformation.

Does that make us X-christians? :wicked:

No, in my case anyway, an XY-xian.

OK...

xmen.jpg

I still want to be Cyclops...

No, in my case anyway, an XY-xian.

Very clever, guys. ;)

Btw, this Andrew got it all wrong. I don't have any disappointments against any man or any Christian. Except for a few that were a bit corrupt in regards to business and money. But I never left Christianity because of what any person said or did, unless you count the Gospels as a reference to someones words. What failed for me was faith and belief in the story, not humans. So if Jesus fails you, why should you still believe in him?

Well, Jesus was just a human after all, as were the writers of the Gospel. And they all let us down by making up some hogwash instead of telling the truth.

Testify!

\\\SNIKT!///

Whadda you know about the X bub?

\\\SNIKT!/// Whadda you know about the X bub?

Hah! He said, "\\\SNIKT!///". :HaHa:

Least it's not HAIRY man butt... and mine is FAR nicer :)

if I recall correctly you're a man... again I say MASNFLA!!