Goodbye Jesus

Recovering Atheist

Guest kkj

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief. You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad. The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• R. S. Martin

• Grandpa Harley

• Robbobrob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief. You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad. The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

kkj, you are a Christian, I presume. If not, please correct me. Why are you posting in this forum? Have you read the guidelines? And if you think poor church leadership or Pat Robertson are the only reasons people on this site are atheists, you have not read many of the posts.

Considering how christians and the church has treated women down through the centuries, as a woman I find your comment about the Bible treating women "goodly" (who uses words like this?) very offensive.

Your comment on homosexuality is equally offensive. Your point of view is what sounds poisonous to me.

What the heck research told you that atheism was a belief? And what gives you the idea that homosexuality will make the world population dive? Last time I checked, the global population is 6 billion and climbing. Do you really think that upward trend needs to continue anyway? We got kids in orphanages. Want kids? Go adopt. On second thought, I cringe at the thought of you cramming your propaganda down their throats.

I think you need to go learn about homosexuality from an unbiased source if you think it will cause the world population to collapse. Why don't you go after childless heterosexual couples? My uncle and aunt are married and are childless by choice. You want to go and force them go conceive?

I am not an atheist because I read about it somewhere, I am an atheist because I reject belief without proof. It is religion, yours included, that is propaganda.

You want to live with your narrow-minded worldview, go ahead. That's your prerogative. Don't expect me or anyone else here to follow you.

kkj, you are a Christian, I presume. If not, please correct me. Why are you posting in this forum? Have you read the guidelines? And if you think poor church leadership or Pat Robertson are the only reasons people on this site are atheists, you have not read many of the posts.

Considering how christians and the church has treated women down through the centuries, as a woman I find your comment about the Bible treating women "goodly" (who uses words like this?) very offensive.

Your comment on homosexuality is equally offensive. Your point of view is what sounds poisonous to me.

Look here, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, and in fact do support gay rights and am a strong Democrat; Caretaker, your writing about me appears to be another prejudice assumption you people seem to make. I was only saying that if men would continously choose to never have sex with women before women reach metaphase, yes scientifically it would reduce the population of people more and more. My term goodly also refers to being treated fair and just. The prejudice assumptions made by atheists is comparable to racism in fact.

Look here, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, and in fact do support gay rights and am a strong Democrat; Caretaker, your writing about me appears to be another prejudice assumption you people seem to make. I was only saying that if men would continously choose to never have sex with women before women reach metaphase, yes scientifically it would reduce the population of people more and more. My term goodly also refers to being treated fair and just. The prejudice assumptions made by atheists is comparable to racism in fact.

Another thing, atheism isn't provable either. You also have no right to make assumptions about my intellegence bucko. You also cannot blame how Christians have acted to make presumptions about how the Bible judges women; the Bible also says thou shalt not kill, which many unjust Christian leaders did do throughout history, making them pretty unfaithful Christians. I do accept homosexuality, and am making my points clear. Another thing, reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy is a pretty stupid way to make presumptions about religion too.

When you call atheism a form of propaganda and a poison, I take offense to it, and you should expect some hostility in my reply. My aunt is a Jehovah's Witness. I disagree with her religious beliefs, but I respect her right to believe, and she doesn't attempt to witness to me, and so I am in no way offended by her. You flame atheism and then take offense to my reply? It seems to me you can't take what you dish out.

Also, if I were to make an assumption with your writing, you were presenting a view that the current population should continue to grow. If you really are a supporter of gay rights, then you should also be aware that sexual orientation is determined before birth, and even in a world where being gay is in no way a taboo, there will also be straight people who will continue to contribute to the population.

Another thing, atheism isn't provable either. You also have no right to make assumptions about my intellegence bucko. You also cannot blame how Christians have acted to make presumptions about how the Bible judges women; the Bible also says thou shalt not kill, which many unjust Christian leaders did do throughout history, making them pretty unfaithful Christians. I do accept homosexuality, and am making my points clear. Another thing, reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy is a pretty stupid way to make presumptions about religion too.

We don't need to make assumptions about your "intellegence" all we need to do is read what you write. It speaks for itself. You call others stupid and expect to be treated with consideration. What you have written is laughably stupid and ignorant.

You say: "I was only saying that if men would continously choose to never have sex with women before women reach metaphase, yes scientifically it would reduce the population of people more and more." I rest my case. Good bye.

.... "Your drapes are old looking! Your couch needs to be reupholstered, and your carpet needs to be updated with a contemporary style! What?? Why did I track dirt on your carpet? I'm offended, sir! I am a guest in your house!"
:lmao: Hmm... So you're a supporter of gay rights... But... you would rather it didn't happen, because not only is it a "choice", but if enough people chose to do it, the population would decline? At the very least, they should, what, be penned up, that is, keep their numbers low and well known?

Why would you support gay rights if "gay" is nothing more than a sexual deviation? Furthermore, as a sexual deviation, which it must be, if inborn traits don't contribute heavily to it, then what's to stop gays from going back to straight anytime, and procreating properly for the purpose of sustaining the population? What forces people who choose to have homosexual sex to have only such sex?

Moved the topic to Lion's Den.

This guy posted in the wrong section :vent: So show no mercy!

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism

How do you "follow" atheism, since it is nothing more than a lack of belief in god(s).

but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief.

What "research" are you talking about? By research do you mean you prayed about it? :lmao:

By the way, since the basis for atheism is rationality and logical thinking, do you agree with other Christians that logic and reason are tools of Satan and that's why you concluded atheism was a "crap belief"?

You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad.

Of course you can! If they weren't a fair representation of Christianity then I am assuming large numbers of Christians wouldn't continue to support them financially and their ministries would collapse.

The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly.

The Bible doesn't have a beef with homosexuality because "mathematically, it would reduce population greatly if spread severly" (your words), it has a beef with homosexuality because the writers of the bible were homophobes who didn't care for homosexuals and decided they should be put to death for it (see the OT).

You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well.

Or, you could just admit that the Bible is so riddled with contradictions that it shouldn't be taken as anything other than a collection of books documenting the daily lives of a group of delusional bronze-age goat herders who throught donkeys could talk, sticks could turn into snakes and zombies could come back to life and launch themselves into outer space. :lmao:

The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

What "propeganda" are you talking about?? Atheism is simply a lack of belief in god(s), that's it. If you feel someone is trying to brainwash you with "atheism" then either you have a very weak mind, or you or the person who's trying to brainwash you has a very poor understanding of atheism. It's not that complicated.... really!

Hope this helps.

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief.

No, you're full of crap.

A person is never tempted to "completely follow atheism". You become an atheism rather by a serious of events and thoughts that just lead you there. It isn't about buying a frigging car, or chosing which movie to go and see. It's more of if you like coffee or tea. It's more of, "whoops!" one day you discover that you actually are an atheist. You never search for it with intention of becoming one. That is so stupid that I'm not sure what institute you got out from, but I'm sure they don't miss you. You must have been dragging their already low IQ even lower. You messed up the bell curve and put it in negative.

Okay, enough of evil flaming. But I still think you're full of it.

You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad. The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

The "Golden Rule" existed before the Bible. Long time before it. You can call it the Golden Rule of the Bible if you want, but it isn't owned by the Bible Corporation.

The propaganda of atheism isn't poison, because there isn't any propaganda... idiot. Atheism isn't a belief, and it isn't a religion, and it isn't a life philosophy... it's just a absence of belief in any supernatural deity that created and maintains control over the universe. Some Buddhists are atheists. The Raelians are atheists. The pagans even are a form of atheists. So which one of the atheistic based worldviews are you talking about that spreads its propaganda?

Idiot.

Another thing, atheism isn't provable either.

Listen, Atheism IS NOT about proving ANYTHING. It's about NOT BELIEVING there is a GOD. Is that too complex for you? Do you need me to draw a cartoon for you to explain it?

Do you believe in Santa Claus? Why not? You can't prove to me he doesn't exist, can you? Well, there you go, Santa Claus MUST exist, because you can't prove that he doesn't.

You also have no right to make assumptions about my intellegence bucko.

You're getting payback. Because you started off completely on the wrong tone with us. You started with offending some of the members on this board (me included), because there are a couple of atheists here (not everyone here is - if you didn't know!). But those who are, don't like your attitude (at least I don't).

And it isn't hard to make assumptions about your intelligence, since it's non-existent. You're the poison since you're the one spreading propaganda, not any so called "atheist propaganda". And you're the one with "crap belief", because the Bible is full of crap and you believe it.

You also cannot blame how Christians have acted to make presumptions about how the Bible judges women; the Bible also says thou shalt not kill, which many unjust Christian leaders did do throughout history, making them pretty unfaithful Christians. I do accept homosexuality, and am making my points clear. Another thing, reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy is a pretty stupid way to make presumptions about religion too.

How about your stupid presumptions against atheists? How about it? Are you clever enough to understand "an eye for an eye"? That's what you're getting now. You're gonna be treated the same way you treat people around you. You don't respect us, so I have seriously no reason to respect you.

-edit-

Btw, you believe in "Jehovah" which isn't the true name of God anyway. God's name is Ahura Mazda. You believe in a false god that was invented by Angra Ahriman. So there you have it, you will go to the eternal fire for your false beliefs.

the Bible also says thou shalt not kill, which many unjust Christian leaders did do throughout history, making them pretty unfaithful Christians.

The Bible says thou shalt not kill but Christians killed because it said to!

Thou shalt not kill! - Exodus 20:13

Kill those who work on the Sabbath! - Exodus 35:2

Kill those you hear curse! - Leviticus 24:14

Kill blasphemers! - Leviticus 24:16

Kill homosexuals! - Leviticus 20:13

Kill disobedient children! - Deuteronomy 21:18-21

The list of commands to kill goes on and on! And after all that killing, my favorite.....

Kill those who kill! - Leviticus 24:17 :lmao:

Being heterosexual is "good" because if we were all straight we'd all breed and increase the population. For the sake of argument, I will also accept, on your word, that increasing the population is a "good" thing.

Now all these new people eat, and use water, and cut down trees to build houses.

As we exceed the carrying capacity of the earth, what do you know, we can't feed everybody or provide the fresh water they need. Next thing you know, people are dying in mass numbers from starvation, lack of fresh water, disease, pollution, filth.

Therefore, EATING and DRINKING WATER must be the sin, because if we exponentially increased the population with no constraints (which is good), and everyone ate and drank, we'd all die (which is bad)! Praise the Lord, you've opened my eyes! And following in the wake of such ironclad reasoning, I guess I can't help but conclude that based on whatever research you did, Atheism MUST be a belief and further, MUST be a crap belief! Thank you, kkj, for clearing up my confusion.

Another thing, atheism isn't provable either.

Please explain:

1) What is atheism?

2) Why is it not provable?

You also have no right to make assumptions about my intellegence bucko.

Prove your intelligence:

1. Answer DevaLight's presumption that you are a Christian.

2. If you are a Christian, justify posting in a forum set up for Testimonies of Former Christians. (For those who didn't see it, this thread was initially posted in the forum for Testimonies for Former Christians. kkj, a "former Christian" is a person who once was a Christian and no longer is a Christian. You should now be able to correctly answer DevaLight's presumption.)

3. If you are not a Christian, justify presenting yourself ambiguously.

You also cannot blame how Christians have acted to make presumptions about how the Bible judges women; the Bible also says thou shalt not kill, which many unjust Christian leaders did do throughout history, making them pretty unfaithful Christians. I do accept homosexuality, and am making my points clear. Another thing, reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy is a pretty stupid way to make presumptions about religion too.

I don't make these kinds of presumptions. I never heard of the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. About "unjust Christian leaders...throughout history" being unfaithful Christians....do you support the War on Terrorism in Iraq? If you do then you support an unjust Christian leader in the present.

kkj, if you do not want us to make presumptions about you, you will give honest and respectful answers to the questions in this post, and in the other posts.

You know what, this dickhead wouldn't know the difference between us responding out of loathsome disgust for his abject stupidity, red hot offense for his total lack of respect for differing beliefs, or genuine conviction prompted by his Holy Ghost.

There's been a very strong response and he's (might be a she) going to think we're all under conviction!?!?!?! (is there a barfing smilie somewhere)

Being heterosexual is "good" because if we were all straight we'd all breed and increase the population. For the sake of argument, I will also accept, on your word, that increasing the population is a "good" thing.

Now all these new people eat, and use water, and cut down trees to build houses.

As we exceed the carrying capacity of the earth, what do you know, we can't feed everybody or provide the fresh water they need. Next thing you know, people are dying in mass numbers from starvation, lack of fresh water, disease, pollution, filth.

Therefore, EATING and DRINKING WATER must be the sin, because if we exponentially increased the population with no constraints (which is good), and everyone ate and drank, we'd all die (which is bad)! Praise the Lord, you've opened my eyes! And following in the wake of such ironclad reasoning, I guess I can't help but conclude that based on whatever research you did, Atheism MUST be a belief and further, MUST be a crap belief! Thank you, kkj, for clearing up my confusion.

And it logically (oops! can't use logic--what else works--oh now I know--the news) according to the news Africa must be the most righteous land on earth because there are more children dying there from lack of food and water than anywhere else. At least I think so. Maybe I have a few names of countries mixed up. There seems to be more religion in Africa than anywhere else, too, because so many missionaries have gone there for so many centuries. The people who aren't Christians have some other kind of religion that believes in a god or gods so they aren't atheists. At least I think so. That must be why they have so many people dying from not having enough food and water. They don't have atheism.

Seriously, SNM, I fail to follow the logic of that post. :lmao:

I take consolation in the fact that under normal circumstances your posts are crystal clear, unlike those of our present new member who seems not to know whether to identify as a Christian or not. Must be very unpleasant being so unclear about one's identity....

Good Lord, kkj.

In your temptation to follow atheism, you must have lost sight of the fact that in atheism there is nothing to follow.

I'm also not convinced that you actually care about the ecological consequences of homosexuals choosing not to reproduce. I get the impression that you're trying to mask deeper prejudices against homosexuals by covering them with a thin veil of feigned rationality. Of course, I could be wrong.

Ruby, are you exercising your newfound capacity for cursing :yellow: ? Anyways, this is the closest I could find :repuke:

And it logically (oops! can't use logic--what else works--oh now I know--the news) according to the news Africa must be the most righteous land on earth because there are more children dying there from lack of food and water than anywhere else. At least I think so. Maybe I have a few names of countries mixed up. There seems to be more religion in Africa than anywhere else, too, because so many missionaries have gone there for so many centuries. The people who aren't Christians have some other kind of religion that believes in a god or gods so they aren't atheists. At least I think so. That must be why they have so many people dying from not having enough food and water. They don't have atheism.

Seriously, SNM, I fail to follow the logic of that post. :lmao:

I take consolation in the fact that under normal circumstances your posts are crystal clear, unlike those of our present new member who seems not to know whether to identify as a Christian or not. Must be very unpleasant being so unclear about one's identity....

I think my newfound logic is producing yet another insight:

Combine their lack of atheism with Gawd's wrath upon gays by unleashing the AIDS epidemic (I have this on good authority from good xians) and that explains the high death rate. Could Gawd be returning to his bloodthirsty OT ways?

:nono:

kkj,

This old fatman in the course of working, either patching or putting holes in bodies didn't care what religious conviction, sex, or nationality the person in front of the bandage or front sight was/is.

There is simply a "don't give a fuck-ism" built up in my system when it comes to folks telling me "what I otta-be" in their world.

Don't care, don't give damn, couldn't squirt a fart more, or piss on something less about a man's religious convictions.

Until that silly bastard is in a position to do me or mine bodily harm.

Go as you might, be as you wish, do no further harm, and try to hit the damn trashcan.

Keep your AkM outa my face.

I'll not put the 'glass on you and yours. Go live and enjoy.

Fired off for trying to fuck with ebbbbbile AFFFFEEEEEEISTS here in the spot on the web I consider and treat as 'Home' is a loosing proposition.

Try a little tact and a spot of consideration, your stay will be much more pleasant.

Just a word from Webmaster's garbageman.

kfuckin'L

:loser: I don't know that I've seen such an ignoramus post here in quite sometime. By all of you xtians posturing and double speaking, one would be lead to believe by your actions that you believe the Golden rule is to piss on those who differ from you.

Your train of thought can't seem to stay on track, in fact derails from one sentence to the other. You're definitely not goodly at making yourself clear. . Which brings me to beg the question, inquiry minds wanna know... If you divorce your wife is she still considered your sister?

:lmao:

(is there a barfing smilie somewhere)

:repuke:

I think my newfound logic is producing yet another insight:

Combine their lack of atheism with Gawd's wrath upon gays by unleashing the AIDS epidemic (I have this on good authority from good xians) and that explains the high death rate. Could Gawd be returning to his bloodthirsty OT ways?

:nono:

According to the authority of the most pious, spirit-filled, other-worldly Christians--absolutely. God will not be mocked. The Bible says "My spirit will not strive with man always" they remind each other. Oh now I see what you're saying. No, God is not returning to Old Testament ways, as you say, but Revalation shows us very clearly that in the last days great tribulation will befall the earth such as has not come since the dawn of history. There will be marrying and feasting and they will say Peace, peace but there is no peace, but a sword instead...

Really, all this is very confusing. When you hear the sermons it all makes sense because you hear it in the right context and the right tone of voice but people here grew up with so many different theologies. What makes sense to me does not necessarily make sense to you. Very many people here grew up with Tribulation and Rapture theology. I didn't know what that was and had to ask. We had End-of-the-World teaching based on Matt. 24. Jesus came like lightening and that was it. The Great Judgment followed right after and immediately people were divided into sheep and goats and ended up in heaven or hell (I always wondered how even God himself could instantly go through the Books of Life and judge billions of people that fast but so be it; all the songs mentioned "the Great White Throne"). The confusing part was that at funerals the newly dead people were assumed to already be in their final resting place and weirdly enough it was always assumed to be pleasant no matter how kind or unkind they had been in life, no matter how well or how poorly they had followed the church rules (who were the large number of bad people who went to hell?). Thus a final judgment doesn't really fit in. I think they're glad I never thought to ask about that inconsistency.

(is there a barfing smilie somewhere)

Where does one go to find these fancy ones that aren't on this site? Or how do I post them? The only ones I know of are at the top left corner of this reply box and in the toolbar across the top of this reply box. Yeah, this is totally off-topic but it's somewhat more pleasant than the present topic. Maybe kkj got the message: