Goodbye Jesus

One Verse At A Time...

Guest sub_zer0

Guest sub_zer0

Having some trouble understanding a passage in the Bible? Perhaps I can help. Just list ONE passage and explain what the problem is you see. I will then post back what the passage means hopefully eliminating the problem you see.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• thunderbolt

• SkepticOfBible

• Open_Minded

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

My problem with this passage is the talking serpent.

Please explain Gen 3:1 while adhering to these:

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Having some trouble understanding a passage in the Bible? Perhaps I can help. Just list ONE passage and explain what the problem is you see. I will then post back what the passage means hopefully eliminating the problem you see.

oh really

Here is one once you are done with

Here is declaration God's laws are perfect, trustworthy, and eternal.

Psa 19:7

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psa 119:160

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments(laws) endureth for ever(are eternal).

According to Paul, God's laws have ended, were canceled, and stood against people.

Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Col 2:13-14

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances(laws) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Please resolve

Hezekiah 4:17: "He who shall, so shall he who"

For the love of me, I just don't get that one. :shrug:

Antlerman??? Biblegateway isn't showing that one, are you sure you have the chapter title right???

It is a mystery, isn't it?

sub zer0, are you any relation to iprayican? Months ago she began a similar thread located in this very forum. She met with abject defeat. So rather than beginning an entirely NEW thread on the same subject, why don't you go THERE and take up her gauntlet. Plenty of errors and contradictions for you to play with.

Personally, I don't care what answers you manage to spew forth. YOU believe in fairy tales, I don't.

Case closed.

Have fun masturbating.

Guest sub_zer0

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I can't explain Genesis 3:1 while adhering to Revelaion 22:18-19 because, the passages in Revelation are in reference to Revelation, not Genesis 3:1.

Be specific as to what your problem is with the serpent.

oh really

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments(laws) endureth for ever(are eternal).

According to Paul, God's laws have ended, were canceled, and stood against people.

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances(laws) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Please resolve

I suppose for Romans 10:4, the question to ask is, in what respect is Christ the end of the law? Two possible meanings for this.

One might be that the law was aimed at bringing us to Christ and that He came to fulfill the law and thus give it validity (Isaiah 42:21 and Matthew 5:17).

And second, this may mean that Christ is the terminal point of the law. With His first advent, the old order, of which the law was a significant part, has been done away with and the new order of the Holy Spirit of God has been istituted.

Be more specific with your problem in Colossians 2:13-14 please.

oh really

Please resolve

I suppose for Romans 10:4, the question to ask is, in what respect is Christ the end of the law? Two possible meanings for this.

One might be that the law was aimed at bringing us to Christ and that He came to fulfill the law and thus give it validity (Isaiah 42:21 and Matthew 5:17).

And second, this may mean that Christ is the terminal point of the law. With His first advent, the old order, of which the law was a significant part, has been done away with and the new order of the Holy Spirit of God has been istituted.

I think Pritishd was trying to make you solve the problem with that the psalmist is claiming the law that was given through Moses was perfect, while the NT authors claim Jesus completed it. How can you complete something that is already perfect? Isn't perfect already something that is complete?

But let's see if I understand you right, Psa 19:7 and 119:160 is not referring to the law that Moses brought from the supposed God, but it's referring to a perfect and eternal law in heaven, not yet presented to humanity, because Jesus was that "perfect law", and he completed the old law. On the other hand, in Romans the law that is referred to there is not the perfect heavenly law, but the Moses' law. Isn't it awkward to consider that psalmist was writing about the Heavenly law and not the law of Moses, while the authors of NT were writing about the laws of Moses and not the Heavenly law?

I wonder if the author of the psalms aware of this conflict? If not, can you be sure the full and perfect law even is completed with Jesus? You could be sitting in the same spot as the psalmist, not knowing that there might be new revelations God is holding back? Maybe the ultimate law is that everyone will be saved, but he just hasn't revealed it to us yet?

So, why is it then that you, who supposedly can give us the proper interpretation, in your very first defense or explanation of a bible verse, give us two answers? You see the inherent problem with this?

I'll have a try at that, and this is purely my understanding of it and nothing more.

Option 1) This is an allegory as to how man was deceived by Lucifer and rebelled against God.

Option 2) The snake really did talk. If you believe God created the earth in 6 24 hour days then why can't you believe a talking snake?

I'm leaning more towards option 1 but I am undecided until I do my studies on Genesis (which will be later this year).

I can't explain Genesis 3:1 while adhering to Revelaion 22:18-19 because, the passages in Revelation are in reference to Revelation, not Genesis 3:1.

Be specific as to what your problem is with the serpent.

oh really

Please resolve

Doesn't it bother you that an all-loving, all powerful, and all knowing God can change his mind on how to run the universe?

Acts 9:7 "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."

I have trouble reconciling the first account of Paul's conversion with the second....

Acts 22:9 "And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."

Did his companions hear the voice or didn't they?

Guest sub_zer0

I think Pritishd was trying to make you solve the problem with that the psalmist is claiming the law that was given through Moses was perfect, while the NT authors claim Jesus completed it. How can you complete something that is already perfect? Isn't perfect already something that is complete?

But let's see if I understand you right, Psa 19:7 and 119:160 is not referring to the law that Moses brought from the supposed God, but it's referring to a perfect and eternal law in heaven, not yet presented to humanity, because Jesus was that "perfect law", and he completed the old law. On the other hand, in Romans the law that is referred to there is not the perfect heavenly law, but the Moses' law. Isn't it awkward to consider that psalmist was writing about the Heavenly law and not the law of Moses, while the authors of NT were writing about the laws of Moses and not the Heavenly law?

I wonder if the author of the psalms aware of this conflict? If not, can you be sure the full and perfect law even is completed with Jesus? You could be sitting in the same spot as the psalmist, not knowing that there might be new revelations God is holding back? Maybe the ultimate law is that everyone will be saved, but he just hasn't revealed it to us yet?

The Psalmist in 19:7 could quite possibly be speaking about the entire testimony of God, the whole body of scriptural truth. Which then would include Jesus and the Law as well.

Psalms 119:160 "The sum of Your word is truth,

And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting."

Indeed, after thorough examination of God's Word, the psalmist can come to a sure conclusion: "The sum of Your word is truth," not only that but that "every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting." If you look at my explination of the Law and how Christ fulfilled it you would see that the Law forever stands with Christ. He alone is the fulfillment of the Law and He is truth.

If you look at my explination of the Law and how Christ fulfilled it you would see that the Law forever stands with Christ. He alone is the fulfillment of the Law and He is truth.

I am confused. Should YOU, or should YOU NOT keep the law?

Guest sub_zer0

Doesn't it bother you that an all-loving, all powerful, and all knowing God can change his mind on how to run the universe?

No, because Malachi 3:6 "For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed."

I am confused. Should YOU, or should YOU NOT keep the law?

Keep Christ in your heart. That is the Law.

The New Testament has the Law work from the inside out. You accept the law (Christ) into your heart and by your outward actions you show it.

The Old Testament has the Law work in a different affect. It was applied by High Priests, the Pharisees and the like on Israel at the time (just like Christ is now) that enforce it, making you obey it.

Well they each work on a same principal as well in that you are forced in obeying it by accepting it or not.

Then why are you SELECTING which laws you want to keep?

Are you keeping the Sabbath (according to the OT definition?)

Do you refrain from eating shell fish?

Do you stone homosexuals?

Do you keep slaves?

etc.

Guest sub_zer0

Are you keeping the Sabbath (according to the OT definition?)

Do you refrain from eating shell fish?

Do you stone homosexuals?

Do you keep slaves?

etc.

Do you even know the purpose of the Law?

The question is - DO YOU keep it? I could care less about the Law.

Guest sub_zer0

Keep Christ in your heart. That is the Law.

Could you please give a prophetic scripture reference from the OT that declares that Keeping the Messiah in your heart is the law. I'm having trouble finding it.

The New Testament has the Law work from the inside out. You accept the law (Christ) into your heart and by your outward actions you show it.

But the NT has yet to go into effect so how is this possible?

The Old Testament has the Law work in a different affect. It was applied by High Priests, the Pharisees and the like on Israel at the time (just like Christ is now) that enforce it, making you obey it.

Hmmm, then when why do all the OT prophets say in that during the Messianic reign there will still be animal sacrifices, New Moons, Sabbaths, Holy Days, etc. and that God will punish those who don't obey it?

Well they each work on a same principal as well in that you are forced in obeying it by accepting it or not.

Forced? What happened to free will?

Do you know the purpose of the Law?

The question is - DO YOU keep it? I could care less about the Law.

No that isn't the question. I understand these things you do not remember? Not being rude, but listen.

If you do not know the purpose of the Law how do you know if you are keeping it?

Paul continues, "...But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore, the law was our schoolmaster [tutor] to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith" (vv. 21-24). The main purpose of the law was to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

Guest sub_zer0

I know you're going to go Paulianity on me and I won't join you. The OT makes clear not to listen to people like the likes of Paul, who try and lead biblegods people astray.

And where does it say that ?

Paul continues, "...But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore, the law was our schoolmaster [tutor] to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith" (vv. 21-24). The main purpose of the law was to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

BUT, Paul also violates BibleGod’s command that NO-ONE could change it - IT stands FOREVER!

Guest sub_zer0

Deuteronomy 13, the whole chapter. it speaks about prophets then God's final word on the subject is below. Paul trashes god's laws, even though he claims God of the Jews, he most certainly is not a true representative. God is very clear in Deuteronomy 13 among everywhere else in the bible...

18 because you obey the LORD your God, keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

Anyone that tries to say that gods laws are caput to the Jewish people are rightfully rejected. BTW...Deuteronomy 13 discredits Jesus too, if the bible stories of Jesus are true, he got what biblegod said should have coming to him.

Deut. 13:18 is referring to the 10 commandments in which Christ fulfilled. Deut. 13 as a whole is concerning false prophets.

Deut. 13:18 is referring to the 10 commandments in which Christ fulfilled. Deut. 13 as a whole is concerning false prophets.

Dude... Jesus broke at least one of the commandments...