Goodbye Jesus

Bible Inaccuracies And Contradictions

tdsurf

Hey double Xs,

Isnt there a list somewhere of the most blatant alleged 'errors' found in the Bible? where is that list? Can anybody find it, or produce a list of verifiable errors?

thanks,

td

Why not read the bible and find them for yourself and once you done that apply each vs to there context and there are not any contradictions in the KJV1611 Bible.

JL

We done that already and found lots especially in the KJV

Why not read the bible and find them for yourself and once you done that apply each vs to there context and there are not any contradictions in the KJV1611 Bible.

JL

Wow, No kidding... So things like

Love one another (1 John 4:7-8) Or Hate your family ( Luke 14:25-35) else you can't follow Christ aren't in the bible?

Or Eye for and eye ( Exodus 21:24) or turn the other cheek (Luke 6:29) aren't in the bible?

Thou shall not Murder (exodus 20) unless your a Upset jealous god,(Read the stories of Noah,Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Egyptian plague, Jericho for starters) or a true follower of him (Exodus 22:19,2 Chronicles 15:12-13,Zechariah 13:3, Deuteronomy 13:13-19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12,Romans 1:24-32 ,Exodus 31:12-15 ) isn't in the bible either..?

Being Circumcised (Gen. 17:10-14, 21:4; Lev. 12:3, Ex. 12:48,) being most pleasing to god and a covenant between god and his followers then later he could give two ( Acts 15:7-10, Gal. 2:4, Titus 1:10-16) isn't in the bible either..

Wow, I'm glad those contradictions were just misreadings on my part.. :phew:

/ sarcasm

JL

You're joking with us, right? Nobody believes that the KJV is the "authorized by god" version, except those from the deep, deep South, out way back in them there hills. You can use a computer so they makes me suspicious that you're just funnin' with us here.

JL

You're joking with us, right? Nobody believes that the KJV is the "authorized by god" version, except those from the deep, deep South, out way back in them there hills. You can use a computer so they makes me suspicious that you're just funnin' with us here.

Hey Sub_zero.

Where are you?

Could you guys finally figure out which is the correct translation?

Now we have christian here who says that KJV is the best.

What about the unity amongst christians we talked about

JL

Just like there are no grammatical errors in your post.

A verse out of context is a PRE-TEXT

Oooo, that's deep :lmao:

A verse out of context is a PRE-TEXT

Are you trying to appear that you have profound wisdom or something? Stop embarrassing yourself. I quoted Clear contradictions and made it easy for you by citing book, chapter and verse. God either said these things or he didn't. If he did, he contradicts himself and changes his mind (Context or no) Or he didn't, and the bible is a proven lie... :shrug:

God either said these things or he didn't. If he did, he contradicts himself and changes his mind (Context or no) Or he didn't, and the bible is a proven lie... :shrug:

Oh why bother? Their father/uncles and mother/aunts don't breed them with smarts way out there. I heards it on the radio box by the preacher man, it is the Authorized version of the Bible by the Lord of Heaven. It says it right there in the cover. Read it for yourself : "Authorized" :Sheep:

Not to rain on the fun, but do keep in mind your decorum as we are in the Colosseum.

Why not read the bible and find them for yourself and once you done that apply each vs to there context

Too bad no one told the NT writers to do exactly that.

They ripped the OT verses out of context in order to sell their theology

Guest sub_zer0

Examples, Skeptic, examples... How have they? Just one please, I don't need a 10 page description.

Examples, Skeptic, examples... How have they? Just one please, I don't need a 10 page description.

Sure, I'll start with one for now

The author of the Gospel of Matthew claims that Hosea 11:1 was fulfilled by Jesus when Joseph and Mary left Egypt to return home after fleeing the land and hiding out in Egypt from Herod's infant death decree.

Matt 2:14-15

When he arose, he took the young child(Jesus) and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

The author of Matthew only used a piece of the Old Testament verse in his story of fulfillment.

The text of Hosea 11:1 actually states:

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Hosea 11:1 is a past tense declaration that is in no need of fulfillment as it's not a prophecy or prediction of anything. The child and son is Israel, and not Jesus or a future Messiah. There is no statement that this event would be repeated hundreds of years in the future by another son of God.

The unknown author of Matthew created a prophecy where none existed before.

Then he plugged Jesus into the fabricated prophecy to force a solution that would bolster the validity of Jesus.

I have no doubt that you will say, fundamentalist Christians will often claim that Hosea 11:1 was a "foreshadowing" of Jesus and despite the fact that it isn't an actual prophecy, God put it in the Old Testament to "point" to Jesus and to confirm the New Testament as being accurate.

This is part of the reason that the Christians claim the Bible is self evincing or self proving.

This is actually an airtight, circular logic, rationalization system which has been set up.

Your rationalization system probably works like this:

Hosea 11:1 is really a prophecy about Jesus regardless of the fact that it says nothing about Jesus or a Messiah and is a past tense statement.

The proof that it's really a fulfilled prophecy is because the author of Matthew said it was.

The Gospel of Matthew is true because it's found in the New Testament Bible, which must be the word of God because it has so many accurately fulfilled Old Testament prophecies in it.

Source:

Why The Bible Must Be The Word Of God

I am still waiting for your answer as to why Jesus took part in a pagan ritual of Baptism? :grin:

Not to rain on the fun, but do keep in mind your decorum as we are in the Colosseum.

Oops, sorry. My mind just thought it was the lions den because viewing the KJV as an infallible translation seemed to absurd a topic to be anywhere else. I'll save the sheep for there...

JL

Wow, No kidding... So things like

Love one another (1 John 4:7-8) Or Hate your family ( Luke 14:25-35) else you can't follow Christ aren't in the bible?

Or Eye for and eye ( Exodus 21:24) or turn the other cheek (Luke 6:29) aren't in the bible?

Thou shall not Murder (exodus 20) unless your a Upset jealous god,(Read the stories of Noah,Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Egyptian plague, Jericho for starters) or a true follower of him (Exodus 22:19,2 Chronicles 15:12-13,Zechariah 13:3, Deuteronomy 13:13-19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12,Romans 1:24-32 ,Exodus 31:12-15 ) isn't in the bible either..?

Being Circumcised (Gen. 17:10-14, 21:4; Lev. 12:3, Ex. 12:48,) being most pleasing to god and a covenant between god and his followers then later he could give two ( Acts 15:7-10, Gal. 2:4, Titus 1:10-16) isn't in the bible either..

Wow, I'm glad those contradictions were just misreadings on my part.. :phew:

/ sarcasm

To Jacobsladder: I have read the bible many times. And I still find all the contradictions and full out lies within its pages. Contradictions like; God loves all his children. All people are sinners. God hates all sinners. Go figure? This could not possibly be a contradiction eh?

Jacob, I would lay you 10 to 1 I have read the bible a lot more than any xians running around. And that is most disturbing to say the least.

Once again, I reiterate, Xianity is the ONLY religion where the followers don't know jack beans about the other religions in this world. Hell, they don't even fully understand their own religion much less anyone elses'.

It's almost like Jesus went to every trailer park and said, "Come be my stupid child..." of course, it would have to be backed up with, "And I'll give you money so you can buy your National Bo this weekend...." Some of the most backwards, ignorant people I have ever seen.

Will it ever end?

Just one thought that popped into my head about the KJV being an "inspired" translation. God doesn't know how to spell. The plural form of the word Cherub is Cherubim. The "im" ending in Hebrew is the plural signification. Yet the KJV "inspired" translators translate it "Cherubims" with an s on the end. That is like saying Sheeps, or Deers :lmao: (great irony, the original book of Mormon which is supposed to be a direct translation from God using miraculous stones held over the golden tablets to show the words, follows that same error 3 times. Later editions of the infallible translations of the Book of Mormon correct these, and several hundred other such errors.)

All it takes is one mistake for infallibility to crumble.... :grin:

Um...what am I missing here? Many of you have referred to a quote from "Jacobsladder", and yet I don't see the original post. What happened? Did someone remove the offensive drivel? Or is it a quote from another thread, exported into this one?

BTW, for you KJV 1611 purists, I have a question: IF the KJV 1611 version is SOOOO "perfect", then why don't you have one?

The KJV that YOU have in your hand is NOT the original 1611 version. It is an UPDATED, CORRECTED copy. The KJV has been REVISED at least SEVEN times since its first printing. It had MANY errors which had to be fixed, not the least of which was the removal of the Apocrypha.

The modern KJV doesn't even contain the original preface from the translators, wherein the translators say that their KJV version IS NOT PERFECT, nor is it the ONLY WORD OF GOD! The translators recognized the validity of ALL OTHER TRANSLATIONS that preceeded the KJV. (Which only makes sense, since the KJV was derived from these other source bibles.)

Oh, you don't believe me? Think I'm making this up? For shame. I never bark unless I have some bite to my words. Here's the link that proves my point. The Translators to the Reader preface of the KJV 1611 bible. Read it and weep, junior.

Um...what am I missing here? Many of you have referred to a quote from "Jacobsladder", and yet I don't see the original post. What happened? Did someone remove the offensive drivel? Or is it a quote from another thread, exported into this one?

You're right Mr. Grinch. Ever since his little outburst in Rosa's thread, it's as if he's completely disappeared. I checked his personal stats and it says he has no posts.... did Scotty beam him up or something. :lmao:

My guess ... he got nasty with the moderators and he no longer exists on Ex-C. Just a guess :shrug:

You're right Mr. Grinch. Ever since his little outburst in Rosa's thread, it's as if he's completely disappeared. I checked his personal stats and it says he has no posts.... did Scotty beam him up or something. :lmao:

My guess ... he got nasty with the moderators and he no longer exists on Ex-C. Just a guess :shrug:

How unfortunate. I was rather looking forward to raking him over the coals on his KJV-onlyism/bibliolatry. Them's my favorite Fundy fish in a barrell to shoot! :wicked:

Hey tdsurf, are you the "turf and surf" troll that was chased out of here a couple of years ago with your tail between your legs? If you are, then are you coming back for seconds? - Heimdall :yellow:

Perhaps this will help a one-sided conversation:

I got links for days....

So? We can provide links also. In fact here's one for you. Link on Delusions.

Y'see, zero, we don't require your many links, where you deluded Xians attempt to validate your fantasy. We already KNOW that you're nuts. We're NOT looking for answers. We're pointing out the foolishness of your religion and the fallacies of your arguments. Pointing us to more drivel only proves that there are more idiots spouting the same nonsense. Are we supposed to be impressed by your appeal to authority? An authority which believes in the same fairy tales in which you believe?

Give us a break, zero. It doesn't matter how much cheap perfume you spray on a manure pile. At the end of the day, it's still bullshit.

Enough with the pointless links. We don't believe your Xian buddies any more than we believe you. :loser: