Goodbye Jesus

End Of Days

Guest americanfoot

Fundies trying to use technology to speed up the process...how much more delusional will humans become?
I don't think I want to know the answer to that one. We're plenty delusional as it is, but stupidity seems to operate on the same principle as Moore's Law -- Doubling every twenty-four months. :twitch:

(Oh, and welcome to the board!)

I think the formula for stupidity of the masses (S) is: S = N ^ 2

It increases exponentially to the number of people (N).

Fundies trying to use technology to speed up the process...how much more delusional will humans become?

Is this shit just downright sick, or what?

What a shame for people to devote their whole lives to this nonsense.

A herd of red cows will bring on the end of the world and Jesus' return. My freakin god.

p.s. welcome, americanfoot.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Is this shit just downright sick, or what?

What a shame for people to devote their whole lives to this nonsense.

A herd of red cows will bring on the end of the world and Jesus' return. My freakin god.

p.s. welcome, americanfoot.

I know where to find the cows. You bring the red paint.

End of Days article found on azcentral.com

Be careful, for you want to be saved, right? What a crock...

Jeeeezus fuckin crist! Save me from fuckin fundies!

I just don't get it.

Okay. Tear down the mosque (sp?). Rebuild the temple. Sacrifice the cow. Do it all. Then what? You can't reach up and yank jesus out of the fucking sky!

So what will they do when he doesn't magically float his ass down? Start a war? Launch nukes? There's only so much to do according to the story.

So once they get it all and nothing happens I guess I just wonder what next? There's only so far they can take this. Can't they?

mwc

Guest VorJack

For my money, the most twisted are the sorts of Evangelical Christians who push Isreal to tear down the Dome of the Rock and rebuild the Temple or kick the Palestinians out of Gaza and the West Bank. They think that if they can get the Temple rebuilt or Isreal unified they can jump start the Rapture. And in most interpretations of the Rapture I've heard, the majority of Jews are supposed to die.

So these scoundrels are pushing Jews towards the breach, planning to step over their corpses into heaven. And the Palestinians? Many of them are Christian, this being where christianity got it's start and all. But they're in the way, so screw 'em.

The scary thought is that many of the people attempting to facilitate Armageddon are those that are in power(like the President).

I would say something witty and sarcastic, but it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Well, maybe it will mean the end of the human race and the world can just start over?

Reading this article reminded me of attending a speaking engagement by Hal Lindsey (of "The Late Great Planet Earth" fame) back in around 1976 or so. Yeah, he worked everyone into a frenzy of "the rapture is gonna be tomorrow." I just hit his website and, boy, he's pushing this rapture/end times bs like nobody's business. Check it out for a pulse check of the wacko not-so-fringe: http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/

Slightly off subject, but why do these christian "celebrities" have such weird hair?

I shudder to think that a sizeable percentage of the US population still believes this crap. It's neurotic to look at the world as a timebomb of events, edging closer to massive death. :blink:

I just don't get it.

Okay. Tear down the mosque (sp?). Rebuild the temple. Sacrifice the cow. Do it all. Then what? You can't reach up and yank jesus out of the fucking sky!

So what will they do when he doesn't magically float his ass down? Start a war? Launch nukes? There's only so much to do according to the story.

So once they get it all and nothing happens I guess I just wonder what next? There's only so far they can take this. Can't they?

mwc

This is my greatest fear if anything like this is going to happen. Through twisted beliefs, these fanatics will bring about a self-fulfilled prophecy that will be Armageddon-like, but in the end it will not be the fabled battle of Armageddon, but just WAR. Blood and destruction and disease results. And no messiah, no new kingdom, no Islam nation, no 12th Imam, no Jewish nation, no Jewish Messiah, no Christian nation, no 2nd coming: just DEATH as a result of fanatical religious beliefs in the hands of human beings. This will be the fulfillment of their prophecies. Cataclysmic failure and death. The fanatics will then rise again out of the ashes of their war, and begin anew to prophecy of the new kingdom in yet again some future day. Fuck!! Morons.

This is my prophecy. I hope I'm wrong.

This is my greatest fear if anything like this is going to happen. Through twisted beliefs, these fanatics will bring about a self-fulfilled prophecy that will be Armageddon-like, but in the end it will not be the fabled battle of Armageddon, but just WAR. Blood and destruction and disease results. And no messiah, no new kingdom, no Islam nation, no 12th Imam, no Jewish nation, no Jewish Messiah, no Christian nation, no 2nd coming: just DEATH as a result of fanatical religious beliefs in the hands of human beings. This will be the fulfillment of their prophecies. Cataclysmic failure and death. The fanatics will then rise again out of the ashes of their war, and begin anew to prophecy of the new kingdom in yet again some future day. Fuck!! Morons.

This is my prophecy. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe this is all the prophecy refers to is just war??? And, the good will overcome the evil. The evil being, of course, the religious fanatics that started it to begin with. :shrug::grin:

The greatest irony of all time!

Maybe this is all the prophecy refers to is just war??? And, the good will overcome the evil. The evil being, of course, the religious fanatics that started it to begin with. :shrug::grin:

The greatest irony of all time!

I'd like to think so. That the messiah is one who will usher in an age of intellectual enlightenment, promotion of the arts, humanities, culinary enjoyments, and an open and free society of global respect and hedonistic enjoyment of life! But this is describing a truly democratic secular world. Yes, it is true indeed; we all create God in our own image: Jesus the Humanist Christ! :jesus::bounce::dance::jesus:

I'd like to think so. That the messiah is one who will usher in an age of intellectual enlightenment, promotion of the arts, humanities, culinary enjoyments, and an open and free society of global respect and hedonistic enjoyment of life! But this is describing a truly democratic secular world. Yes, it is true indeed; we all create God in our own image: Jesus the Humanist Christ! :jesus::bounce::dance::jesus:

It reminds me of something Mark Morford wrote: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...notes060906.DTL We can only hope.