Goodbye Jesus

"oh No, People! Let's Boycott Pepsi Because The Word 'god' Is Left Out On The Can!"

08 hawk

I got the following statement from some Christian group on Myspace........

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can

coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building , and the

Pledge of Allegiance on them

However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."

Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't

want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!

So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended

when they don't receive our money that has the words

"In God We Trust" written on it.

they took out those special words Under God

if you believe in God please dont just let this pass you may never know when god is testing or watching you.

God loves you. you should love him.

give him respect

take a stand

be on gods side

repost this as "dont buy pepsi"

:lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Pepsi should make them prove that "In God We Trust" actually refers to the Xian god, and moreover prove that America was founded on Xian principles and/or as a Xian nation before they'll concede to the requested change.

I'd love to see that :HaHa:

:P

*mental note to self: Buy more Pepsi*

Too bad... :Wendywhatever:

It seems that a couple of times each year my taste in either of the big two (Pepsi, Coke) changes and I end up prefering one over the other.

Right now, I'm in my Pepsi stage.

And I wouldn't give a shit if there were picture of a crucified jesus on those cans. I'm in my Pepsi stage, and that's that. :shrug:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I don't buy Pepsi because they put in cans and bottles which are roughly the size of my penis. I don't wanna be reminded of my dirty cock. That's just wrong.

I don't wanna be reminded of my dirty cock. That's just wrong.
Maybe if you cleaned it up every once in a while, you wouldn't mind being reminded of it? :scratch:

A better reason to Boycott Pepsi is because it is crap in more ways than one.

And no, Coke is no better.

Soda is almost totally crap anymore to me. I'd rather crack open a can of Monster, if I'm not drinking Vitamin Water or Gatorade or wine or the like...

I've just about given up on soda. Occasionally, I get one 'cos I need a caffiene fix, but I don't prefer one over the other. And I usually forgo Coke or Pepsi in favour of iced tea, when I'm at work.

I briefly got hooked on Starbucks frappicinos, but I got bored with that after about a month or so. I stopped drinking the stuff and haven't looked back.

If I were living alone, there probably wouldn't be any soda bottles in my house. Just tea bags and "instant Lipton" stuff, and a "wet bar" for when I wanna get good and sloshed. ^_^

I'm diabetic; diet sodas have no effect on my blood sugar level so I can have as many of them as I want and it compensates for not getting to have as much food as I want. I don't care how much crap is in it, I don't want to live forever anyway.

bdp

but I'm still a dyed-in-the-wool Coke drinker and always will be.

A better reason to Boycott Pepsi is because it is crap in more ways than one.

And no, Coke is no better.

This quote from the article pretty much sums up today's problem :

"We're consuming too many calories and not getting enough exercise,"

Who cares if they put sugar of HFCS in the coke? If you drink a truckload of it every year you will get fat. By taking advantage of the sweetness enhancement of HFCS they can sell us more for less and still make a profit on the sale but it's our responsibility to control how much we consume.

That e-mail message is a rather old spam. I've gotten it before.

I rarely drink pop anymore. I drink energy drinks, coffee or tea, and bottled water, but I rarely drink pop and when I do, it's diet.

This spam really got going in the post-9/11 patriotic furor. Snopes.com has a pretty good disputation of the allegations.

We had a secretary who thought it was her duty to print out and tape this garbage on our drink machines. She also fell for other spam garbage and felt compelled to share it. Fortunately, she is not employed here anymore.

Has anyone here actually seen the can in question? Does it explain that its version is the pre-1950s wording, or does it just leave "under God" out with no explanation? Just curious.

I would buy some Pepsi to undermine the fundy boycott, but I think the product sucks. Besides, I'm already doing my part to battle fundies by boycotting Chik-Fil-A despite the fact that their chicken fillet sandwiches are delightful.

I have seen the can in question.

Rather than a direct quotation of the Pledge of Allegience, it had selected phrases adorning a patriotic theme. There were other portions besides "under God" omitted, but, of course, the Fundies conveniently left this fact out.

Of course its crap. So is cake, donuts, ice-cream, pie, fast-food, candy, etc. That doesnt mean you have to avoid it entirely. Doesnt anybody exercise anymore?

It seems the average american just sits around all day and then gets worried that they might be consuming too many calories. You can eat whatever you want if you just get off your ass and work it off. But who has time for that? :grin:

I would buy some Pepsi to undermine the fundy boycott, but I think the product sucks.

Same here. I would buy just to oppose the boycott. I don't drink sodas and haven't for quite a while now. It's not that I don't like sodas, but more because I try to jog occasionally and sodas aren't very good for that...

Its NOT true.

Claim: A new Pepsi can design omits the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

Origins: Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves for three years now (since February 2002).

Thanks for link, Beowulf..I've read it before, but I think a few here may have missed it.. :)

Its NOT true.

Claim: A new Pepsi can design omits the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

Origins: Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves for three years now (since February 2002).

Thanks for link, Beowulf..I've read it before, but I think a few here may have missed it.. :)

Yeah, the Snopes site has a picture of the can of Dr. Pepper that has the phrase on it, and it makes COMPLETE sense the way they did it. It was shortly after 9/11 and they wanted to bring people together, thus "One Nation...Indivisible". THAT is what they wanted to say, and it had NOTHING to do with "leaving out GAWD." Fucking retard conservative christians.

However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."

Boo-fucking-hoo... :lmao:

Man must it suck to have no faith but to have to try and convince yourself in utter desperation that you have some anyway... :wicked:

How about we just boycott Pepsi because it tastes like canned ass?

Heh, you don't like canned arse? What's wrong with you? :lmao:

Go Pepsi! I drink soda when I really feel like one, or if the meal calls for it (pizza and hot dogs demand it!). I prefer Coke, but I don't mind drinking one or the other if that is what is available.

And the freakin' fundies can go get a life. It's a freakin' soda can, not a Bible.

:P

*mental note to self: Buy more Pepsi*

I agree!

I really don't give a rat's ass whether "under God" is or is not written on a Pepsi Can. I need to cut back on sodas, and when I drink them it's usually diet Shasta :HaHa: