Goodbye Jesus

"oh No, People! Let's Boycott Pepsi Because The Word 'god' Is Left Out On The Can!"

08 hawk

In the days when I still drank soft drinks with Aspartame, I preferred Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke.

After switching back to the non-diet drinks, I found Pepsi too sweet for my tastes and prefer coke.

But I prefer RC Cola to both of 'em. And it's usually a lot cheaper, too.

I wonder if any of them ever realized that by leaving out the words God, Jesus, Lord, Saviour and whatever else they can come up with while praying, that they still get the very same results? :scratch:

Man, y'all are making me feel guilty. I drink Pepsi and Coke, though I'll forego both of them in pursuit of a Mountain Dew. I don't put the stuff away like I used to, but I still drink a fair bit more than most people I know.

Unfortunately, I've also stopped hiking like I used to, due partially to a lack of interest, but mostly to a lack of friends with which to do it. I've tried to combat this by eating/drinking less, but I still worry that I'm putting on weight when I'd like not to.

Damn biology. Why can't there just be a dial controlling my metabolism? :HaHa:

Why does everyone feel they have to justify drinking soda by saying how much they exercise or how they're trying to cut back? It's like when Christians say how they like rock music....but just for the beat, not the lyrics. :HaHa:

I drink soda because I love it, especially a tall glass of Coke, though Pepsi will do if there's nothing else. Now will you excuse me while I pour me one......

post-155-1151546352.gif

For me, it's because I know better. Soda isn't healthy, even in moderation. At best, its lack of nutritional value is neutralized by a healthy lifestyle.

That said, the chances I'll stop drinking it based on that knowledge alone are somewhere between zero and nil. I've got a half-full can of perfectly-chilled Dew on the desk next to me, another 12 pack in the fridge and 3 more stacked on a lower shelf of same desk.

A health-conscious man realizes he has a problem and takes steps to counteract it. A lazy man realizes he has a problem and embraces it. :HaHa:

Don't you think that people who send crap like that around have way too much time on their hands?

I don't buy Pepsi because I don't like the way it tastes, period. It doesn't matter what they put on the cans. Well, maybe I'd look if they had pictures of Johnny Depp, but I still won't drink that shit.

To me, this smacks of that old thing fundies were going on about back in the 80s, that the CEO of Procter & Gamble was a satanist (not true, of course) and we should boycott P&G products. I remember thinking even then "is this all you have going on in your life, worrying about stupid stuff like this?"

Anybody got any reliable info on aspartame? I used to be a diet coke drinker until the alarmists freaked me out. I still don't really believe it's so bad, but I avoid it anyway just in case. Now I just stay away from most soft drinks all together. This being China, I predominantly drink tea, or water.

Anybody got any reliable info on aspartame? I used to be a diet coke drinker until the alarmists freaked me out. I still don't really believe it's so bad, but I avoid it anyway just in case. Now I just stay away from most soft drinks all together. This being China, I predominantly drink tea, or water.

When we lived in DC I used to get aloe vera juice at the Chinese supermarket. That stuff kicks ass. I like the one that is full of pulp.