Goodbye Jesus

A Sample Of My Works

Antlerman

In conversations elsewhere in the forums here about communicating our hearts through art, I decided to actually make my music available on the Internet for the first time for anyone here who may be interested to be able to listen to it. I've mentioned my music for a least the last year here, but through conversations with Amy about her art, I finally decided to make it public so she and other's can hear my music.

This is a sampling of the songs I recorded in studio some years back: http://www.talkingtimeline.com/music/

I'm liking it already. Well done, Antlerman :)

Wow.

That's good stuff. :notworthy:

This is a sampling of the songs I recorded in studio some years back: http://www.talkingtimeline.com/music/

It reminded me of SO many things!

Namely...

- Of the works of Chris Huelsbeck,

- Of the times I had an Amiga 500 and I spent hours listening to FastTracker 2 mods composed by unknown, but really gifted artists...

- And finally I thought it would make a great movie soundtrack.

Great job, Antlerman! :thanks:

Lovely stuff, Antlerman. I really like the lower-end piano in the middle of "Musical Visions." And an excellent recording job, too -- All the instruments are distinct without being overpowering.

Not my particular lack of taste in genre amigo..

But absolutely captivating and some fine tuneage.

Good fuckin' work.

kL

good stuff. really puts you in a peacefull mood. :goodjob:

You New-Aged hippy.... that sucked!!

Juuuuuuuuust kidding. Good stuff good stuff. Im just amazed how you find the time to compose, live a life, and be here on ex-c 24/7!! Amazing!!

:wub:

Antlerman - I'm sitting here listening to your music as I write. It is beautiful - it takes me wonderful places.

Thank you for the beauty - it's a wonderful way to start the day. :)

I'm liking it already. Well done, Antlerman :)

Thanks much. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Very cool, and peaceful. Reminds me of Windham Hills artists.

Thanks, I actually very much like the earlier 80’s Windham Hill artists, when it was more the classically trained, minimalist stylings of William Ackerman, Alex DeGrassi, Michael Hedges, Liz Story, etc. Some of the later stuff began straying off into what became the “smooth jazz” style, which is one of the few music styles I do not care for (far too trite for my tastes). Though my music isn’t really minimalist in that way per se’, that style did inspire me in my own pursuit of painting pictures in music.

Wow.

That's good stuff. :notworthy:

Thanks for the praises. It’s nice to have someone down bow before you! :wicked:

It reminded me of SO many things!

Namely...

- Of the works of Chris Huelsbeck,

- Of the times I had an Amiga 500 and I spent hours listening to FastTracker 2 mods composed by unknown, but really gifted artists...

- And finally I thought it would make a great movie soundtrack.

Great job, Antlerman! :thanks:

I have written some pieces specifically for a video game, but that project with someone else never took off. Your comment about it being good for a movie soundtrack is one that I hear most often. They're actually almost like mini-movies in themselves in a way, at least in my mind as I write them. My solo piano works are very much the same, just more personal because it’s a solo acoustic instrument.

I left a comment for you on the other thread as well.

Bravo! Stirs the emotions and grabs the heart immediately.

The best praise any artist can here! :grin: Thank you.

Lovely stuff, Antlerman. I really like the lower-end piano in the middle of "Musical Visions." And an excellent recording job, too -- All the instruments are distinct without being overpowering.

I like that part too. It’s a mirrored part over 3 octaves laid down on multiple tracks. It was recorded in a professional studio through a 128 channel German made Peavy mixing console. Some long days were spent up there. Neverthess, I still grimace from time to time hearing the flaws that I know exist. It’s hard to hear your own work when things didn’t go exactly like you wanted them to because of time and money. Oh well, sometimes you just have to let go of your child and let others take it as it is. Most people don’t hear the flaws like the artist does. (Recordings demand much more perfection than live perfomances).

Not my particular lack of taste in genre amigo..

But absolutely captivating and some fine tuneage.

Good fuckin' work.

kL

Kev, you artisty with words never fails to make me smile. Thanks!

good stuff. really puts you in a peacefull mood. :goodjob:

Glad you enjoyed it. It’s nice to be able to share in a common language.

Juuuuuuuuust kidding. Good stuff good stuff. Im just amazed how you find the time to compose, live a life, and be here on ex-c 24/7!! Amazing!!

Arrrrr.. “New Age” arrrrrrr…… :grin:

Actually, if you see me on here 24/7 it’s because I am one of those lazy bastards who never closes his browser windows! I do try to have a life too.

:wub:

Antlerman - I'm sitting here listening to your music as I write. It is beautiful - it takes me wonderful places.

Thank you for the beauty - it's a wonderful way to start the day. :)

I’m glad all the notes don’t overwhelm you. Is this a miracle? Thanks for your kind words.

• 4 months later...

Wow! Just Wow! You are brilliant and your music is so pleasant and peaceful. You my friend are bookmarked and your music will be incorporated into my meditations. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself through your music...it totally lifted me up and had me envisioning perfect happiness and beauty.

KUDOS! :grin:

HA! I mean HA! :lmao: OMG that is just too funny!! :funny:

Antlerman, you know I love your songs. :grin: But, New Age, Double HA!

HA! I mean HA! :lmao: OMG that is just too funny!! :funny:

Antlerman, you know I love your songs. :grin: But, New Age, Double HA!

Double arrrr... You love this, don't you. However.... that term in music was really just a marketing term and nothing to do with what's behind the music. Even so, I prefer to call my music Nude Age. It's part of the clothing-optional musicians movement, playing in public parks with our instruments - only. :wicked:

Wow! Just Wow! You are brilliant and your music is so pleasant and peaceful. You my friend are bookmarked and your music will be incorporated into my meditations. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself through your music...it totally lifted me up and had me envisioning perfect happiness and beauty.

KUDOS! :grin:

See... now that's much more like it!! Not like that snide 'ole NotBlinded meanie-pants! :grin:

Thanks Jubilant for your compliments. It means a lot to me.

See... now that's much more like it!! Not like that snide 'ole NotBlinded meanie-pants! :grin:

You mean NotblindedSmartAss pants? :grin: (You know I love ya NBBTL :HaHa: )

Thanks Jubilant for your compliments. It means a lot to me.

You're very welcome and I may add that those compliments were very much warranted.

Double arrrr... You love this, don't you. However.... that term in music was really just a marketing term and nothing to do with what's behind the music. Even so, I prefer to call my music Nude Age. It's part of the clothing-optional musicians movement, playing in public parks with our instruments - only.

Oh Antlerman...I have composed myself and wiped the tears from my eyes and did a few face stretches to relieve the cramp I got from laughing and came back to say...

I'm sorry for..........

:woopsie:

being..........

such a...........

meanie-pants!

:woopsie: oh darn it :woopsie:

I can't hold it any longer!

:lmao::funny::lmao:

And I love ya too Jubilant! :HaHa:

It's just sometimes an opportunity presents itself that won't allow you to pass it up. Oh sweet karma! (I love you too Antlerman!)

Okay...I'll be nice now, well right after I say this little last thing: You are talking about your musical instruments right? :)

Okay...I'll be nice now, well right after I say this little last thing: You are talking about your musical instruments right? :)

You could say that. All 88 of them. There is a reason behind the name Antlerman, you know? You just found it! :grin:

You could say that. All 88 of them. There is a reason behind the name Antlerman, you know? You just found it! :grin:

Okay...now I have to admit that I am dense. Dang-it! :HaHa:

I thought you liked to hunt or something, hense the name Antlerman. Ummm....I don't get it! :HappyCry:

Okay...now I have to admit that I am dense. Dang-it! :HaHa:

I thought you liked to hunt or something, hense the name Antlerman. Ummm....I don't get it! :HappyCry:

No, I don't like to hunt. I like to fish for the sake of being on the lake, but for the most part I practice catch and release. Occasionally I will keep some fish for dinner. However, I don't like shooting and killing warm blooded animals. Even setting traps for mice bothers me, but its for a pupose of dwelling maintance, rather than sport.

You were close, very close to solving the mystery. Just analyze the progression of thought a little more closely. (Clue: I was drunk as hell when the character was created).

Ohhh...is it because you were 'buck' naked?

No. (you missed my last clue, didn't you? He's a comic-book type creature/hero born at the bottom of a bottle of rum during the 1987 world series) Maybe it's best to leave some mysteries unexplained.... :shrug:

bush_W_Zipper_Queen.jpeg

No. (you missed my last clue, didn't you? He's a comic-book type creature/hero born at the bottom of a bottle of rum during the 1987 world series) Maybe it's best to leave some mysteries unexplained.... :shrug:

bush_W_Zipper_Queen.jpeg

Yes, maybe it is best because I still have no idea what you are talking about even after telling me straight out. I guess I watched Scooby Doo too much and missed out on this guy. :HaHa:

And what the heck is that guy doing to Bushy-boy?

bush_W_Zipper_Queen.jpeg

Which one? :lmao:

bush_W_Zipper_Queen.jpeg

HA! I didn't even notice the one behind him. Sooo, that's why he's smiling? :lmao:

bush_W_Zipper_Queen.jpeg

HA! I didn't even notice the one behind him. Sooo, that's why he's smiling? :lmao:

I think the guy in front is checking how many points that buck has. :scratch: