Goodbye Jesus

In The Pursuit Of Knowledge

Guest Bixel

Guest Bixel

-_- I have seen quite a few posts about people's reason for letting go of Christianity or turning away from it. Most of them are on the popular vien of God wasn't there, You can't prove his existance, Christianity has a long history of murder and brutality etc... While many of this is true I have found my inability to accept Christianity through learning its origin and creation. This is such a huge experiment for me that I am now in the throes of writing a book about it. Here is what I have written so far...you might find it interesting. (Sorry its starts with Or...I'm still holding for a title.)

Or

How my search for the dark arts of the ancients has reveiled the mysteries of religion and myth

Or

EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!

And also supplimented with maniacal laughter expressed in these words:

MWAH HA HA HA!!!

By Nathan Bixel

The Apology

The original title is called Evil Evil Evil because I sought a real evil/black magic for research of a fictional book I planned on writing. This did not come about since I discovered that I am not a very good fictional writer. So far I have not really found the kind of super evil magic stuff that I have been looking for. I found a bunch of obvious stuff but wouldn’t use it. Here is some popular evil stuff that I discarded. Satanism is too cliché even when Anton LaVey is involved, wicca/shamanism is also way too superstitiony and resembled childish ghost stories, egyptian dark arts (Set Worship) was getting closer but reminded me of those crappy black and white mummy movies, vampirism though not without its magic is again too hollywood. Necronomicon and H.P. Lovecraft myth was very very tempting but again we’ve seen that in movies like Evil Dead 2, the Re-Animator and host of other B-rated titles. Besides if you decided to dig up on that myth you have quickly opened a box of problems, like how to deal with the critical fan base and the ever gathering amount of ivestigation on the existance of the Necronomicon and the Cthulu Mythos. Popular horror and sci-fi looked interesting at times and there is some real good writing talent there, Stephen King, Brian Lumley, Clive Barker, Robert Bloch, and the guy that wrote the Exorcist, but I found it much too new age-y. I needed something that was so damn real any occult/wicca/magic practitioner would recognise it as a verifiable magic system that is functional, abhorred, and evil. I set about to venture on a path of incredible rambling action.

I am a rambling man

I am rambling through hundreds of texts trying to find something that I don’t know what it is. Some of my friends and casual observers, for I often read in a popular coffee shop, thought mistakenly that I was soul searching. It is still pretty amusing to me, no I’m not looking to change my religion, I’m just trying to find some evil. People don’t really like to read about evil unless its part of the entertainment, and many publishers will not print anything that is reconised as evil work. And for the record I am not trying to find evil people or stories of evil deeds, I am looking for evil itself expressed in a magic system. This made things difficult and yet I had some clues. First off the Catholics and the Vatican have some bottled up horror stuff hidden away in a Latin library that deals a lot with Demons and other ilk, though I disdain Satanism this type of work is interesting to me because it is not exactly Satanic as much as it is some kind of anthology of bad mojo. I have discovered many many things however in respect of the above agenda I have so far not found anything that really creeps me out. So what did I find? Oodles and oodles of blathering junk! I have probably spent about 300 US Dollars on occult/esoteric material for my research. In return I have learned many things evil, but though I really do not considerate evil it just might be evil to everyone else who reads this. Why do I say this? Because I have found evidence that stands contrary to popular history and religion. The methods, the rites, the worship of god and man and its codified principals are but a glassy surface to the great underworld of truth beneath it. This glassy surface is blurred by the goals of politics, superstition, myth and false history thus making it very hard to see through it. So for all those that seek the solace of comfort and ignorance, then fear this evil I have writ. Mwah Ha Ha Ha!

How to read this work: There will be several different types of fonts used when references and examples have been taken from other works.

All fonts like this is quoted from the Bible, that being any Christian Bible whether it be King James or otherwise.

Material from non-grimoire sources like commentary will be shown in this font.

And lastly this style of font is reserved for the ‘real’ magical works and anything else quoted from that source.

Chapter 1

Whats Evil Got To Do With It?

Whats does evil have to do with it? It’s a good question and Tina Turner may have sung that song differently but it wouldn’t have been a hit if she did, but I digress, lets get back to the meaning of the question. What does evil have to do with anything? Why is it here? Turns out evil is so important that by the time you get to Chapter 3 in the Bible you’ve seen it and it becomes a force to be reconciled therewith and after.

Genesis: 3

3But of the Fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For god doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

So we now have some basis of what evil is, something that is not good. But how do we know what is good if we cannot recognize what is evil? If we are to believe the myth of Adam and Eve, then have we not inherited their knowledge? We must assume that it now in our resposibility to know the good and the evil.

Several different sects of Greek philosophy have expounded on the problem of evil. These sects might have known the tale of Adam & Eve. Archaeology (when not in political dispute) can attribute that the 5 Books of Moses were recorded sometime during 639-609 BC, or during the reign of King Josiah in the kingdom of Judah, i.e southern Isreal, so in all probability work of the Hebrew Tradition may have reached the ears of those olive eating thinkers. One such sect, founded by Zeno (340-265 B.C.) is called the Stoics. While their philosophy is particularly fascinating, one of their students, Chrysippus, historically remarked that good and evil being contrary, both are necessary since each sustains the other. This same observation is repeated by many, consider the ying and yang, Taoism, Buddist Philosophy, Hindu and just about any other religion not distorted by superstition. Is this an explanation of man? Is this some sort of abstract way of defining what is being human?

Consider this. Genesis teaches us that we humans, have fallen from some other state which we (should) yearn to return to. We look about and learn, seen evil and good, and judge what it is. Is Chrysippus actually explaining man, rather than abstract states of principal? Perhaps man, as being a thinker, is in fact philosophy incarnate, thus being a living good and evil all in one package. When we have rid ourselves of evil, we will cease to be human. Is that what we really want?

The serpent says, we can be like gods if we knew both the good and the evil. Are we gods yet? Sure doesn’t seem like it. Why does the serpent tempt us so? It had said that we can be like gods. But evil in its various forms did not have to originate with Adam and Eve eating from the Tree of Knowledge. It could have been created before; and other beliefs of the ancient world support this. In that world the gods themselves have created evil and in their despair have shown us evil. Many of the gods during the pre-Iron age have always done or been done evil to them. These examples reveiled moral ‘truths’ to the people of the times and were passed on as stories or fables so that man could learn from them.

All antiquity solved the enigma of the existance of Evil, by supposing the existance of the Principal of Evil, of Demons, fallen Angels, an Ahriman, a Typhon, a Siva, a Lok, or a Satan, that, first falling themselves, and plunged in misery and darkness, tempted man to his fall, and brought sin to the world.

-EOF-

As you can see I might be onto something here...but anyhoo back to the topic. My research has given me a wide range of material to contemplate, study and learn. One of the main highlights of this effect is that I realised the Bible is not and cannot be used as a plane ticket to God. Its can give you insight on how your maintain good character, how to treat others, and generally gives you a couple fingers pointing in the right direction and a couple other fingers pointing in dubious directions. I have spent much time on a Christian Forum basically teaching them that the uniqueness of the Christian religion and the Bible is non-existant. Simply this, many Christians believe that the Word is all and end all, and that is the Path to God. However this increasingly stupendous evengelical stance is based on narrow and stunted faith. Here is an example of me discussing New Age Movement in a Christian forum....the Christian accuses another fellow Christian of being a 'sinner' and on the 'wrong path'. I have to admit I was in a surly mood so bear with me, he begins:

Topic Starter:

I still see traces and beleifs of what we use to call "The New Age Movement" in the eighties, But we don't hear too much of the term anymore.

I get uncomfortable when i meet a "christian" who gives me their testimony about Jesus and then asks me "What is your sign". I try to tell them that I also am a Christian and the Bible tells us that astrology is a pagan and a Christian shouldn't have an astrological sign. Then we get into a debate that gets us no where.

I also met a "christian" who says she is a "christian witch"and I tried to tell her that there is no such thing and that witchcraft and Christianity doesn't mix, but she got angry with me and I got nowhere with her.

I also met a "sister" who wanted to practice "hollistic healing" and I told her that she should stay away from it because it is a New Age practice. She allowed me to pray with her as long as I prayed that God would make up her own mind instead of just hearing it from me.

This concerns me about how deep we are in the last days because I see that many believers are falling away from the simple faith we should all share in common in Christ

Bixel:

"I try to tell them that I also am a Christian and the Bible tells us that astrology is a pagan and a Christian shouldn't have an astrological sign. Then we get into a debate that gets us no where."

No that gets you nowhere. You fail to realise the huge signifigance of Astrology and Christianity. I agree that the horoscope stuff is fantasy, because it is, its also very new. However Astrology and the Zodiac were very much a part of the early christian lives. You recall that Christ prayed to the Morningstar just before heading down to Jerusalem? Yep, that would be more than just turning your face to a pretty star, there was a reason. The early Monothiestic religions of the time grew through a period of 3 main constellations that rose with the sun, everymorning. The 1st Taurus, the second Aries and the third Pisces. We are currently in the Aquarius or nearing the Capricornus Age. Also note that Christians typically like to use symbolism to express their religion. One is a fish, this is during the time of Christ, and predictably the rising sign of that time is Pisces. Jews used to slaughtered Lambs, (Aries), Mythras struggled with the bull, (Taurus). So more whining about the zodiac from Christians; you inherited it.

"I also met a "christian" who says she is a "christian witch"and I tried to tell her that there is no such thing and that witchcraft and Christianity doesn't mix, but she got angry with me and I got nowhere with her."

All that grimoiric magic of the medieval ages and Solomon the King, King David, Enoch, Ezekiel, and Jesus the Christ himself all have something in common. Hrrmmm...what could it be? Magic. Yup, and even the Catholics are into it. In fact most common Christian rites are all based on the practise of magic. The Eucharist, the slaughter of lambs (yep Christians did this too), libations, even prayer is an invocation to God. Every time you pray you cast a spell. The Temple, the church. A place sanctified for the presence of God's power and communion. Magic, magic, magic. No more denying.

"I also met a "sister" who wanted to practice "hollistic healing" and I told her that she should stay away from it because it is a New Age practice. She allowed me to pray with her as long as I prayed that God would make up her own mind instead of just hearing it from me."

Hrmm, She sounds pretty Christian to me. In fact, it sounds like something Jesus would do. Gee, can you be in any more denial?

"This concerns me about how deep we are in the last days because I see that many believers are falling away from the simple faith we should all share in common in Christ"

You're right, you are falling away from simple belief in Christianity.

Topic Starter:

"I also met a "sister" who wanted to practice "hollistic healing" and I told her that she should stay away from it because it is a New Age practice. She allowed me to pray with her as long as I prayed that God would make up her own mind instead of just hearing it from me."

Hrmm, She sounds pretty Christian to me. In fact, it sounds like something Jesus would do. Gee, can you be in any more denial?

Jesus performed miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit. He was NOT a psycic or magician which this "wisdom" that is from the devil. read your Bible. It's all in there.

"This concerns me about how deep we are in the last days because I see that many believers are falling away from the simple faith we should all share in common in Christ"

You're right, you are falling away from simple belief in Christianity.

Dear Mr. bixel

James 3:15

This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic.

James 3:14-16 (in Context) James 3 (Whole Chapter)

I see sir that you are not a saved christian who hears God's Voice. I suggest that you read your Bible prayerfully and ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you. And you should follow Him only.

John 10:27

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

John 10:26-28 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

John 10:3

"To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

John 10:2-4 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

Psalm 95:7-8

For He is our God,And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand Today, if you would hear His voice, 8 Do not harden your hearts,

Psalm 95:6-8 (in Context) Psalm 95 (Whole Chapter)

Bixel:

I will try to make this perfectly clear and with utmost respect:

Your use of James 3:14-16 was taken out of context. It warns against deeds of bitter jealousy and selfish ambition of boasting and lying against the truth. Wisdom (knowledge) used in this manner is not that from above, but is earthly, sensual, and demonic; or in other words actions out of man's passion or hate.

Holistic healing be that it; New Age, Christian, or Pagan is not done out of jealousy, hatred or anything mentioned in James 3. Learn and know these truths I have explained above, of which you can't possibly counter without temptation to accuse and condemn with a stubborn grip the narrow field that you weild the Bible as an instrument to testament.

Indeed it is as if you have decided that the margins of your physical Bible is the maximum extension of man's degree of communion with God. When in fact this Bible has been created from many minds and written by many hands that are outside the boundries of that silly canonisation. Besides of which all of the New Testament that which was not plagurised from earlier Hewbrew spritual writings and forced into the form of words supposedly spoken by Jesus was written at some degree 400 years after his death/acsension. Don't you see? It is not an island, it is not unique and not without parts made by man.

Understand this, the Bible is not a singular device and its parts were not created by equal minds nor by minds knowing the knowledge of how those other parts were created. Knowing this is it extremely austentatous to assume that the experiences and the philosophies located within are of homogeneous intent and purpose.

Please use great observance of this truth. I will try to explain this another way...and to stay on topic, I will use New Age Movement as an example.

When New Age is approached and examined it at once noticable that its body of material is a coagulation of many assembled ideas, philosophies, and often mystic experiments or practical application. Is this unque to itself? Did all of the sum of its parts simply appear with momentus spontaneity? Of course not. Some skills were learned by certain groups of peoples who spread the knowledge to new people, and certain philosophies were expressed, analysed, and categorized.

Unlike the early Christian impact on Rome we are not experiencing any signifigant social disorder from the New Age Movement therefor there has been no call to canonise any works of writ or settle desputes with its clergy. If this did happen pray to God that its followers do not fall into the same narrow ditch of Bible worship like the Christians did.

And finally to address your topical question my answer is; New Age Movement is just too plain silly and naive to gather any strength in its 'Movement' hence I am not surprised that almost everybody has put down the crystals and eastern incense and moved on.

I admit I have been a little cynical with your opening prose, usually I try to deliver posts with more diplomacy yet I grow weary of the predictability of the some Christian believer's unwillingness to acknowledge the truth that the Bible and its content is not an opaque testament. Undeniably I hold the progress of Christian tolerance with hope yet they fail to learn that the wisdom that God offers is not a straight and illuminated path but an oblique approach explored through experience and understanding.

If you hold so dear the teachings of Jesus then understand what I have written to you for it is the same philosophy that which he preached.

-------------

This is the typical rigamoral that I go through on these forums. I try to teach but the predictable reply is googled bible verses that have no meaning in context of the discusssion. I hope someday I can get through to these people.

but you only have one post.