Goodbye Jesus

Xian Influence On A Childs Psyche?

Guest Lady~Green

Guest ShannonXero

I know, long time, no read... reason being... I'M IN THE SOUTHERN FREAKIN' BIBLE BELT!!!!

Now my new proffessor, "Intro to counseling", one of the highest ranking proffessors on campus, has lead an organization of priests involved in psych, (they had to get their doctorate). I did not ask questions, since he is my teacher and any conflict could hinder a bad grade. I know "it can't happen that way." but, hello, it does!

I don't know who has been following this thread... but, I did get a 4.0 in my dev. psych. class, I'm sure because I was curios, yet passive. I'm sick of this.

Everywhere I turn psych profs. say religion is a good thing, "It replaces the positivism that the human normally could lack." I am so confused.

I think it is more detramental to a developing psyche, I want to be a person who helps with the truth of biology.

Biology makes MORE sense.

But yet, there are things we cannot explain... are we not that tech advanced yet?

If not, christianity is VERY, VERY, ignorant.

Congratulation on your grade Shannon though I feel that you are less than satisfied being passive and not voicing your concerns.

First off, your professor is a great example of how people are capable of creating excuses for following a set of beliefs.

Christianity is not a positive religion, what is positive about teaching people they are sinners? What is positive about teaching people that if they question what they are being told they will end up in a Hell?

Christianity is based on fear and the reason its morals fails is because by telling people they are sinners they create sinners.

Biology does make an awfully lot more sense even though I believe the spiritual exists; Christianity, Judaism and Muslims are just not the road on which a person can find spirituality.

Best Rasmus

I know from my own experience that Christianity fosters low self-esteem and self hate. I was probably clinically depressed when I was a teen, even though I was never formally diagnosed as such, but I had the symptoms of it.

I am not surprised that a college professor would cop out like that. Sounds like he only cares about his job. Also it is the Bible belt so again, I'm not surprised. You could always go the route of writing the paper and posting it on the Internet.

Guest Mr. XC

I know, long time, no read... reason being... I'M IN THE SOUTHERN FREAKIN' BIBLE BELT!!!!

Now my new proffessor, "Intro to counseling", one of the highest ranking proffessors on campus, has lead an organization of priests involved in psych, (they had to get their doctorate). I did not ask questions, since he is my teacher and any conflict could hinder a bad grade. I know "it can't happen that way." but, hello, it does!

I don't know who has been following this thread... but, I did get a 4.0 in my dev. psych. class, I'm sure because I was curios, yet passive. I'm sick of this.

Everywhere I turn psych profs. say religion is a good thing, "It replaces the positivism that the human normally could lack." I am so confused.

I think it is more detramental to a developing psyche, I want to be a person who helps with the truth of biology.

But yet, there are things we cannot explain... are we not that tech advanced yet?

Congratulations on the 4.0.

This is what I would do. Anonymously leave a copy of this on your professor's desk. Leave a note that they should also watch the two commentary tracks (selectable from the DVD menu). The Earl Doherty commentary is very good. There is also more interview footage in the menu. It may or may not talk about the moral stuff in there as well as the other tracks. Along with the Jesus myth theory (which they explain very well, I think), they also talk about Christianity's morals and how we (the United States) would be better served with secular morals. The DVD also highlights a violent theme in Christianity. If watching this video does not make it clear to them about Christianity's harm to society, very little will.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php

The DVD case may be a little intimidating to them, so you could use a regular CD jewel case or an unmarked DVD case if you think that will be an issue. The intended audience is people who are already skeptical about Christianity, so this DVD is not the best material for this situation. Anyway, that is just my thought. This DVD helped me see that Christianity is no that different from watching people worship Zeus, so I just laugh at Christianity now instead of getting disgusted at it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ShannonXero

"This is what I would do. Anonymously leave a copy of this on your professor's desk.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php"

I did leave it on both desks... My Dev. Psych. & my Intro to counseling , however, I have not seen anything personally except the paper, "cracking down of rules". The campus newspaper released an article about, if you are interested in starting a "group" you have to clear it with the Dean of Students... I think that's for me, I don't know. I'm not gonna move untill I get my degree, I guess the whole campuss would be against me.

If you have an entire WORLD against you, for a stupid thing that they have "not realised yet", I really cannot get anywhere with this.

I am pissed off that the freakin' friends I do make are not that into my philosophy, they just think I'm this cool old woman that has this "conspiracy theory" complex.

My husband (GreenXero) and I feel the same about this. It sucks to give in, even for a moment. I am an advocate for the peaceful and operate mental being!

I am all ears from you guys, what would you do in a SMALL town, like Oklahoma City? :dumbo:

"This is what I would do. Anonymously leave a copy of this on your professor's desk.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php"

I did leave it on both desks... My Dev. Psych. & my Intro to counseling , however, I have not seen anything personally except the paper, "cracking down of rules". The campus newspaper released an article about, if you are interested in starting a "group" you have to clear it with the Dean of Students... I think that's for me, I don't know. I'm not gonna move untill I get my degree, I guess the whole campuss would be against me.

If you have an entire WORLD against you, for a stupid thing that they have "not realised yet", I really cannot get anywhere with this.

I am pissed off that the freakin' friends I do make are not that into my philosophy, they just think I'm this cool old woman that has this "conspiracy theory" complex.

My husband (GreenXero) and I feel the same about this. It sucks to give in, even for a moment. I am an advocate for the peaceful and operate mental being!

I am all ears from you guys, what would you do in a SMALL town, like Oklahoma City? :dumbo:

My policy is honesty, honesty, honesty. Be completely open and honest. It's a policy that I rarely apply, but it would probably work if I did.

Maybe not. I live in Tennessee.